Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TM SPIDER TOUR X 'CHALK' EDITION

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM SPIDER TOUR X 'CHALK' EDITION

From one putter 'hoe' to all you other putter 'hoes'...

Loved the shape of the new TM Spider Tour X putters, but honestly didn't like the copper or the navy versions (Wondered from the get go why they didn't release in black or red initially). They have the custom 'My Spider' program, but seemed like a lot of work although love some of the custom options...

Well well, happened to get the mailer from TM last week and low and behold, walked into my local Golftown and just had to have this new 'chalk' version as they call it...

(34", SS Traxion Pistol GT1.0 and just ordered custom weights through Amazon)

Good times!
    Attached Files
    Taylormade M1 460 Driver 9.5D (Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 TS) (8.75D)
    Taylormade M1 3 Metal 15.0D (Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 TS) (16.5D)
    Taylormade PSI Irons (KBS C-Taper 105 S) (3-PW)
    Taylormade TP EF Satin Chrome Wedges (KBS Tour Wedge) (52D/56D/60D)
    Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals/Irons)
    Taylormade Spider Tour Black 34" (20G Weights)
    SuperStroke CounterCore Pistol GT 2.0
    Taylormade Supreme Cart Bag
    Clicgear 3.5+ Push Cart
    SkyCaddie TOUCH

Just saw it in store today in Halifax. It is pretty sweet. White with the black shaft. Very nice
    Titleist TS 2 Driver Project X Hzrdus Smoke

Titleist TS 2 4 Wood Project X Hxrdus Smoke

Titleist . 718 Ap3 4-PW

TitleistVokey SM7 52 Black

Vokey Sm7 58 Lob Wedge

Scotty Cameron Circle T Golo
    Scotty Cameron Big Sur S
    Scotty Cameron Kombi Long

Comment

Originally posted by tarrantian View Post
      From one putter 'hoe' to all you other putter 'hoes'...

Loved the shape of the new TM Spider Tour X putters, but honestly didn't like the copper or the navy versions (Wondered from the get go why they didn't release in black or red initially). They have the custom 'My Spider' program, but seemed like a lot of work although love some of the custom options...

Well well, happened to get the mailer from TM last week and low and behold, walked into my local Golftown and just had to have this new 'chalk' version as they call it...

(34", SS Traxion Pistol GT1.0 and just ordered custom weights through Amazon)

Good times!
      Do you notice much of a diff between the spider tour you own and the spider x?

I currently own and happily game a DJ spider tour. Curious if the spider X has any added benefits.
      Driver------TM M6 (9) Fujikura Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 6X 45.25"
      3W---------TM M3 (16) Fujikura Atmos Red Tour Spec 7X 43.25"
      5W---------TM M3 (19) Fujikura Atmos Red Tour Spec 7X 42.25"
      3i-----------TM TP UDI (20.5) Dynamic Gold X100
      Irons-------Mizuno MP4 (4-PW) Modus 3 125X
      Wedges---TM Milled Grind Modus 3 125X (48) & TM Hi-Toe (54)(60) Modus 3 125 Wedge
      Putter------TM Spider Tour Black (DJ) 34" SS Pistol GTR

Comment

Key thing for me is the look - Putted very well with the previous gen, but personally never liked the look and at times just didnt feel right...

This gen has a much tighter and pleasing look and really like the broad sight line.

Its all just such a personal thing - I feel I putt better with a mallet, but very much like the look of a blade.

Well see if it stays in the bag longer than most .

Cheers,

- Ian

Clicgear 3.5+ Push Cart
        SkyCaddie TOUCH

Comment

Saw these at Golftown. The paint on the chalk white seems different from the OG navy and copper versions. Seems thicker and has a different texture. Maybe this is addressing the paint durability issue of the previous models?

Time will tell.
          Driver: Adams Super LS 9.5⁰ - Kuro Kage
          3 Wood: Adams Super LS 15⁰ - Kuro Kage
          Hybrid: Adams Super LS 19⁰ - Kuro Kage
          Irons: Bridgestone J40 DPC - Project X PXi 5.5
          Wedges: Callaway X-Forged 52⁰, 56⁰ and 60⁰ - DG S300
          Putter: Scotty Cameron Red X5
          Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Comment

Originally posted by J9293 View Post
            Saw these at Golftown. The paint on the chalk white seems different from the OG navy and copper versions. Seems thicker and has a different texture. Maybe this is addressing the paint durability issue of the previous models?

Time will tell.
            Funny, I agree there were quality issues - Specifically for me, on the 'Red' versions the paint around the Surlyn insert would begin to fall off almost at first use (Ridiculous!). Funny, never found the same issue with the 'blended' Pure-Roll insert on the 'black' versions.

I felt it was a design issue in that the softer Surlyn insert would somehow bend upon impact causing the paint around the insert to detach.

Regardless, unacceptable.

In terms of other paint issues, never had them with any putter, including the Spiders as I always put the putter back in it's cover after each putt, you will see dents and chips no matter quality if you don't. I know it's a 'tool not a jewel' as some say, if you don't take care you will have issues on the finishes of all your clubs.
            Clicgear 3.5+ Push Cart
            SkyCaddie TOUCH

Comment

A few pics of my fully finished Spider X 'Chalk (The custom weights arrived this week, I ordered the 8g and the 10g to play around) - Thinking the 8g will suit me, there have been some discussions around the stock weight. They are 2g, not 6g as some other forums suggest.

The weights are easily removed and replaced using the standard TM driver wrench as an aside:
              Attached Files
              Clicgear 3.5+ Push Cart
              SkyCaddie TOUCH

Comment

Originally posted by tarrantian View Post
                A few pics of my fully finished Spider X 'Chalk (The custom weights arrived this week, I ordered the 8g and the 10g to play around) - Thinking the 8g will suit me, there have been some discussions around the stock weight. They are 2g, not 6g as some other forums suggest.

The weights are easily removed and replaced using the standard TM driver wrench as an aside:
                Shes a beauty! I am so close to dropping the coin on one of these. I just have trouble paying full price for TaylorMade gear knowing their short product cycle and that this is mass produced overseas. But performance speaks for itself!

Do the different weights make a big difference? The stock set up seems pretty stable already. Hows the finish on the paint?

Comment

See my comments on the paint in my earlier post in this thread - I tend to like heavier putters, and typically have them playing close to 370g or a bit more. Liked the putter when I hit it with the stock 2g weights, but the 8g weights seem perfect, but I bought 10g weights as well just in case I want to try...

Still early, but liking the look and the roll so far on my indoor practice area - Really like the 'True Path' alignment sight line (Didn't at first, but love it now actually).

I'm always looking for that 'special' stick and always willing try a few different sticks, really liked the older Spiders but got a bit stale with them last year. Although, I really like the look of a blade and have the TM Soto Patina blades which I really love (Also with custom weighting), I tend to putt better with mallets.

Can't wait to get to Mexico in Jan. to put the new Spider to the test!

- Ian
                  Clicgear 3.5+ Push Cart
                  SkyCaddie TOUCH

Comment

Nice little write-up on the new 'Chalk' version in my weekly Golftown mailer:

https://blog.golftown.com/en/golf-eq...t_rid=14201797

Cheers,

- Ian
                    Clicgear 3.5+ Push Cart
                    SkyCaddie TOUCH

Comment

Rolled the chalk on Friday at GT Oakville. I like it a lot. Prefer the small slant to single bend.

Always been a blade guy but these feel pretty good and Im willing to try one.

Comment

Took a long look and demo of these, the copper/blue and older versions of the spyder.
                        They are very stable! Very forgiving and accurate.

With my stroke I do need a tiny toe hang (have the odd pull with the Spyders) and the best seems to be the Scotty Golo 5 (which was the oldest club in my bag) or the Futura 5 CB (more MOI but same toe hang) that I demoed against them.
                        Found a brand new one online last week at half price and grabbed it.

These Spyders are wonderful putters and I was very tempted. Enjoy!
                        Last edited by Forged5; Nov 16, 2019, 12:29 PM.
                        PING G410 PLUS Driver
                        PING G410 LST 3 wood
                        PING G410 hybrid
                        Taylormade 790P irons A-5 DG 105 s
                        Callaway MD2 SW, Mac Daddy LW
                        Titleist Scotty Cameron Futura 5CB

hcp-7

Comment

Tried the 10g weights, and a bit much - The 8g are optimal, but could see the 6g working well too for anyone playing around (The stock 2g are too light however)...

- Ian
                          Clicgear 3.5+ Push Cart
                          SkyCaddie TOUCH

Comment

Golftown has a 15% Black Friday sale going on now if you need extra incentive to pick one of these bad boys up.

Comment

Originally posted by J9293 View Post
                              Golftown has a 15% Black Friday sale going on now if you need extra incentive to pick one of these bad boys up.
                              Excellent point - The great news is I find once you cross the $200-$300 'border' with GT the 'good stores' are generally willing to give some sort of price relief if you are a loyal, and regular shopper...
                              Clicgear 3.5+ Push Cart
                              SkyCaddie TOUCH

Comment

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

Recently Joined

Collapse

Topics: 173,542   Posts: 1,815,017   Members: 47,104   Active Members: 171
                              Welcome to our newest member, kaze1234ify.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

TGN Sponsors

Working...
                              X