Collapse

TM SPIDER TOUR X 'CHALK' EDITION

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM SPIDER TOUR X 'CHALK' EDITION

From one putter 'hoe' to all you other putter 'hoes'...

Loved the shape of the new TM Spider Tour X putters, but honestly didn't like the copper or the navy versions (Wondered from the get go why they didn't release in black or red initially). They have the custom 'My Spider' program, but seemed like a lot of work although love some of the custom options...

Well well, happened to get the mailer from TM last week and low and behold, walked into my local Golftown and just had to have this new 'chalk' version as they call it...

(34", SS Traxion Pistol GT1.0 and just ordered custom weights through Amazon)

Good times!
    Attached Files
    TM Qi10 Ruby Red 460 Driver 9.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S)
    TM Stealth 2 Plus 3 Fairway 15.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S)
    TM Stealth 2 Plus 3 Hybrid 19.5D (Fujikura Vista Pro HB 70S)
    TM Stealth Irons (KBS C-Taper Lite 110S) (4-LW) Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals / Irons)
    TM My TP Soto Silver and Black Putters
    * (Custom / KBS CT Tour) - Golf Pride TM Pistol
    TM My Spider Tour X3 Putter* (Custom / KBS Black PVD) - SuperStroke Zenergy Pistol GT 1.0
    TM Supreme Cart Bag (Black / Red)
    TM TP5 Golf Ball
    Clicgear 4.0 Push Cart
    SkyCaddie SX550 GPS
    Bushnell ProX3 Laser Rangefinder

(*Interchangeable to adhere to 14 club rule)

Just saw it in store today in Halifax. It is pretty sweet. White with the black shaft. Very nice
    Pxg Gen 4. Project X hzrdus

Srixon 3 Hybrid

Srixon 4 Hybrid

Mizuno Mp H4 4-PW

Mizuno S18 Gap Wedge 51

Mizuno S 22 56 wedge

Odyssey Ten Tour Lined Broomstick

Comment

Originally posted by tarrantian View Post
      From one putter 'hoe' to all you other putter 'hoes'...

Loved the shape of the new TM Spider Tour X putters, but honestly didn't like the copper or the navy versions (Wondered from the get go why they didn't release in black or red initially). They have the custom 'My Spider' program, but seemed like a lot of work although love some of the custom options...

Well well, happened to get the mailer from TM last week and low and behold, walked into my local Golftown and just had to have this new 'chalk' version as they call it...

(34", SS Traxion Pistol GT1.0 and just ordered custom weights through Amazon)

Good times!
      Do you notice much of a diff between the spider tour you own and the spider x?

I currently own and happily game a DJ spider tour. Curious if the spider X has any added benefits.

Comment

Key thing for me is the look - Putted very well with the previous gen, but personally never liked the look and at times just didn’t feel right...

This gen has a much tighter and pleasing look and really like the broad sight line.

It’s all just such a personal thing - I feel I putt better with a mallet, but very much like the look of a blade.

We’ll see if it stays in the bag longer than most .

Cheers,

- Ian

TM Stealth Irons (KBS C-Taper Lite 110S) (4-LW) Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals / Irons)
        TM My Spider Tour X3 Putter* (Custom / KBS Black PVD) - SuperStroke Zenergy Pistol GT 1.0
        TM TP5 Golf Ball
        Clicgear 4.0 Push Cart
        SkyCaddie SX550 GPS

Comment

Saw these at Golftown. The paint on the chalk white seems different from the OG navy and copper versions. Seems thicker and has a different texture. Maybe this is addressing the paint durability issue of the previous models?

Time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by J9293 View Post
            Saw these at Golftown. The paint on the chalk white seems different from the OG navy and copper versions. Seems thicker and has a different texture. Maybe this is addressing the paint durability issue of the previous models?

Time will tell.
            Funny, I agree there were quality issues - Specifically for me, on the 'Red' versions the paint around the Surlyn insert would begin to fall off almost at first use (Ridiculous!). Funny, never found the same issue with the 'blended' Pure-Roll insert on the 'black' versions.

I felt it was a design issue in that the softer Surlyn insert would somehow bend upon impact causing the paint around the insert to detach.

Regardless, unacceptable.

In terms of other paint issues, never had them with any putter, including the Spiders as I always put the putter back in it's cover after each putt, you will see dents and chips no matter quality if you don't. I know it's a 'tool not a jewel' as some say, if you don't take care you will have issues on the finishes of all your clubs.
            TM TP5 Golf Ball
            Clicgear 4.0 Push Cart
            SkyCaddie SX550 GPS

Comment

A few pics of my fully finished Spider X 'Chalk (The custom weights arrived this week, I ordered the 8g and the 10g to play around) - Thinking the 8g will suit me, there have been some discussions around the stock weight. They are 2g, not 6g as some other forums suggest.

The weights are easily removed and replaced using the standard TM driver wrench as an aside:
              Attached Files
              TM TP5 Golf Ball
              Clicgear 4.0 Push Cart
              SkyCaddie SX550 GPS

Comment

Originally posted by tarrantian View Post
                A few pics of my fully finished Spider X 'Chalk (The custom weights arrived this week, I ordered the 8g and the 10g to play around) - Thinking the 8g will suit me, there have been some discussions around the stock weight. They are 2g, not 6g as some other forums suggest.

The weights are easily removed and replaced using the standard TM driver wrench as an aside:
                She’s a beauty! I am so close to dropping the coin on one of these. I just have trouble paying full price for TaylorMade gear knowing their short product cycle and that this is mass produced overseas. But performance speaks for itself!

Do the different weights make a big difference? The stock set up seems pretty stable already. How’s the finish on the paint?

Comment

See my comments on the paint in my earlier post in this thread - I tend to like heavier putters, and typically have them playing close to 370g or a bit more. Liked the putter when I hit it with the stock 2g weights, but the 8g weights seem perfect, but I bought 10g weights as well just in case I want to try...

Still early, but liking the look and the roll so far on my indoor practice area - Really like the 'True Path' alignment sight line (Didn't at first, but love it now actually).

I'm always looking for that 'special' stick and always willing try a few different sticks, really liked the older Spiders but got a bit stale with them last year. Although, I really like the look of a blade and have the TM Soto Patina blades which I really love (Also with custom weighting), I tend to putt better with mallets.

Can't wait to get to Mexico in Jan. to put the new Spider to the test!

- Ian
                  TM TP5 Golf Ball
                  Clicgear 4.0 Push Cart
                  SkyCaddie SX550 GPS

Comment

Nice little write-up on the new 'Chalk' version in my weekly Golftown mailer:

TaylorMade’s Spider X putter has been a resounding success since it launched earlier this year, with its streamlined look and … Continue reading TaylorMade introduces new colour of its popular Spider X putter →

Cheers,

- Ian
                    TM TP5 Golf Ball
                    Clicgear 4.0 Push Cart
                    SkyCaddie SX550 GPS

Comment

Rolled the chalk on Friday at GT Oakville. I like it a lot. Prefer the small slant to single bend.

Always been a blade guy but these feel pretty good and I’m willing to try one.

Comment

Took a long look and demo of these, the copper/blue and older versions of the spyder.
                        They are very stable! Very forgiving and accurate.

With my stroke I do need a tiny toe hang (have the odd pull with the Spyders) and the best seems to be the Scotty Golo 5 (which was the oldest club in my bag) or the Futura 5 CB (more MOI but same toe hang) that I demoed against them.
                        Found a brand new one online last week at half price and grabbed it.

These Spyders are wonderful putters and I was very tempted. Enjoy!
                        Last edited by Forged5; Nov 16, 2019, 12:29 PM.
                        Callaway Rogue ST Max - Tensei AV blue 55 s
                        Ping G425 5 wood
                        Ping G425 7 wood

Ping G425 4 Hybrid
                        Srixon Z 785 irons - Nippon Modus 120 s
                        Titleist SM8 54S, 58D
                        Bettinardi Queen B6

Tour B RXS Golf Balls - yellow
                        hcp- 6

Comment

Tried the 10g weights, and a bit much - The 8g are optimal, but could see the 6g working well too for anyone playing around (The stock 2g are too light however)...

- Ian
                          TM TP5 Golf Ball
                          Clicgear 4.0 Push Cart
                          SkyCaddie SX550 GPS

Comment

Golftown has a 15% Black Friday sale going on now if you need extra incentive to pick one of these bad boys up.

Comment

Originally posted by J9293 View Post
                              Golftown has a 15% Black Friday sale going on now if you need extra incentive to pick one of these bad boys up.
                              Excellent point - The great news is I find once you cross the $200-$300 'border' with GT the 'good stores' are generally willing to give some sort of price relief if you are a loyal, and regular shopper...
                              TM TP5 Golf Ball
                              Clicgear 4.0 Push Cart
                              SkyCaddie SX550 GPS

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

There are no members with birthdays today.

Working...
                              X