Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hot balls, maybe not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This video simply shows the impact of one variable (i.e. golf ball temperature) on distance. As indicated above, there are lots of other variables that impact distance as well. Perhaps those that have anecdotally experienced loss of distance in colder weather are attributing the loss to the wrong variable (i.e ball being cold vs. colder and more dense air, colder driver metal causing less 'springy' face, colder shaft that loads less efficiently. etc. etc.). Now that I think about it, it does make sense that a colder golf ball will be firmer and possibly will travel father as it will behave like a higher compression ball, but it will also likely impact the feel of the ball as well, which will be detrimental around the greens. Anyway, the video does give you reason think about what has been generally accepted about performance in colder weather. Very interesting for sure.

Comment

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

Recently Joined

Collapse

Topics: 173,543   Posts: 1,815,020   Members: 47,104   Active Members: 171
    Welcome to our newest member, kaze1234ify.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

TGN Sponsors

Working...
    X