Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Preserving Forged Irons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a very early set of Hogan Precision irons, and the chrome plating on those were/are/is absolute crap. It was/is at best .001 deep. I'm thinking, it is the reason he rejected his first production run at that time.

The original '54-'55 sole is extraordinarily narrow, 1/2" to 9/16" wide.Only the E iron had a respectable sole width.
    The later '58 Precision(Sunburst) had a wider sole through the set.

Typically its nn the back of the blade that the poor quality of the plating is clearly visible.

this is a sellers ebay pic. Notice the chrome peeling on the back, and on the hosel, and this club saw very little use. as indicated
    by its modest sole wear.

wax or oil would not have saved these.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Hogan crap plating.jpg Views:	0 Size:	808.3 KB ID:	3066104
    Things change.

Cobra Fly Z+ ProjectX Handcrafted 50LZ
    Cal Steelhead 3,5 RCH99firm
    Cleve Halo 19*hybrid s300
    Cleve TA3 4-Pw TTX100
    Cleve 53,57 s300
    Cal Tuttle

Comment

Funny thing, my carbon putters require fairly consistent oiling ( I use 3 and 1 ) but my Miura irons and wedges, never. Never a concern and other than some chatter etc, they are perfect.

Comment

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

Recently Joined

Collapse

Topics: 173,561   Posts: 1,815,166   Members: 47,108   Active Members: 171
      Welcome to our newest member, Gerg.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

TGN Sponsors

Working...
      X