Is this okay to do? relates to golf club grooves

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheBaconator
    replied
    I would stay away from the steel bristle brushes as they could damage the finish on your irons.

As with the others, I use a wet towel and the pointy end of a tee to clean my irons during a round. At home after the round, they get cleaned with a plastic bristled brush (you can get them at the dollar store) and warm water, then dried with a clean towel.

Leave a comment:

• TMAzng01f3R
    replied
    So I figured with the picture nail I was using, it was basically the same sharpness and look as those pointy thingies on some golf brushes so that's why I was using it.

I assume then these things aren't safe to use then in general - even from a legit golf brush, as in they can damage the finish?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• wlorcb
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeffc View Post
    I use this. $6.99 at Golf Town

Click image for larger version

Name:	GREY?$default$&w=1414&h=1414.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	305.6 KB
ID:	3066260
    Yep, I use that one as well. The older models were a little smaller and harder on the hands. Then follow up with a wet towel and then the dry end. Instead of buying purpose-built golf towels, we use old bathroom towels that are past their prime. Cut to size and sewn around the edges, they work great. We use the Golf Towel Holder(do a search-they're Canadian) to attach them to the bag.

Leave a comment:

• 4underthru9
    replied
    Originally posted by rulie View Post

That device probably makes the clubs non-conforming to the Rules (regardless of what it says in the ad).
    Not to mention that it can , if over done, shred the s**t off the cover of your brand new Pro V and make putting with that ball impossible so you'll need a new ball.

Leave a comment:

• rulie
    replied
    Originally posted by 4underthru9 View Post

I recommend one of these gadgets:
    I had one and they can be used for Square U or V groves. Be advised very sharp best used with club in a vice and wear mechanics gloves..
    All the details here on Amazon.
    https://www.amazon.ca/X6-Groove-Shar...=x6+golf+club+ groo ve+sharpener&qid=1573713577&sr=8-5

Had to edit cannot find it getting old.
    That device probably makes the clubs non-conforming to the Rules (regardless of what it says in the ad).

Leave a comment:

• Jeffc
    replied
    I use this. $6.99 at Golf Town

Click image for larger version

Name:	GREY?$default$&w=1414&h=1414.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	305.6 KB
ID:	3066260

Leave a comment:

• thekathrynorchard
    replied
    Egad! A Nail?

Not needed and will take the finish off and risk scratching the face if not super careful.

As mentioned, a wet towel does the trick.

I have used these brushes for years and never have a problem cleaning my grooves. It shouldn't require a nail.

Leave a comment:

• bl8d
    replied
    get yourself a battery operated Oral-B toothbrush. Takes two AA battery.. Total cost 8 dollars..

Leave a comment:

• hannah
    replied
    ^^^^ this is all you need to do for cleaning the groves on your wedges, I certainly wouldn't be using a picture nail, no need for that, a stiff brush and water is all you need …

Leave a comment:

• hammy1983
    replied
    Originally posted by TMAzng01f3R View Post
    Tried Googling this but didn't see anything so thought I'd ask here; the pointy-needle thingy on my golf club brush has pretty much worn out so lately, I've just been using a pretty decent-sized picture nail as a substitute to clean the grooves of my irons - mainly wedges.

Any objections to this or possible other ideas to clean golf club grooves, aside from soap and water and an old tooth brush?

Thx,

TMAzn
    I clean my grooves after every shot. A wet towel, plastic brush is all I have ever needed.

Leave a comment:

• 4underthru9
    replied
    Originally posted by TMAzng01f3R View Post
    Tried Googling this but didn't see anything so thought I'd ask here; the pointy-needle thingy on my golf club brush has pretty much worn out so lately, I've just been using a pretty decent-sized picture nail as a substitute to clean the grooves of my irons - mainly wedges.
    Any objections to this or possible other ideas to clean golf club grooves, aside from soap and water and an old tooth brush?
    Thx, TMAzn
    I recommend one of these gadgets:
    I had one and they can be used for Square U or V groves. Be advised very sharp best used with club in a vice and wear mechanics gloves..
    All the details here on Amazon.
    https://www.amazon.ca/X6-Groove-Shar...=x6+golf+club+ groo ve+sharpener&qid=1573713577&sr=8-5

Had to edit cannot find it getting old.
    Last edited by 4underthru9; Nov 14, 2019, 02:33 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Big Shooter
    replied
    sounds like a "stocking stuffer" suggestion for Christmas

Leave a comment:

• TMAzng01f3R
    started a topic Is this okay to do? relates to golf club grooves

Is this okay to do? relates to golf club grooves

Thx,

TMAzn

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
X