Collapse

Fitting of Woods

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fitting of Woods

Recently spent a whole heap of money on the contents of my bag, and if you look at my signature you will notice what I have.

Im pretty satisified with my irons. They are TrueTemper uniflex. But My 8* driver, feels kind of funny because the shaft is stiff. I have little to no time to test shafts but I do prefer reg. flex.

Accra was suggested to me but I was also looking at a few from Aldila, UST, and Graffaloy.

Im average golfer, high handicap, and I think my lack of accuracy has to do with the fit of the club, and perhaps the shaft a bit, ontop of my unorthodox but productive swing.

Im not that interested in spending money on a name, but rather a shaft that will help my game, and feel more comfortable.
    Callaway FT-5 9°
    TaylorMade RBZ 3 wood
    TaylorMade RBZ 5 wood
    Callaway Diablo Edge Hybrid 3 wood
    Callaway Big Bertha 4-PW
    Callaway Forged 52°, 56°
    Callaway Tour Blue TT3
    Handicap - Win some lose some more.....

Re: Fitting of Woods

In all fairness, you'll probably need to tell us a little bit more. ie. what are your tendencies. How far you carry a 5 iron, Driver. What is your ball flight? High/Low/Perfect. What are you trying to achieve?

There are way too many variables to be answered before anybody can suggest you a shaft. If somebody tells you otherwise, they are not very reputable nor are they very dedicated to helping you out.

Comment

i see you like nike
      You're In Good Hands

Adams speedline f11 9.5*
      2H nickent
      4H taylormade rescue
      5-PW Tourstage Z101
      52*56*60* vokeys
      Yes sophia
      Nike pdsoft

Comment

I'm a little confused: you have NDS irons which are essentially for beginners, yet you have a driver at 8* of loft, which is hardly for a beginner.

If you truly are a high handicapper, I'd exchange the driver for the Nike NDS driver at about 11* of loft.

Comment

I would hardly quantify the NDS as a beginner level irons. Have a look at it and compare it to the Callaway X-18 Pro-Series. However, I will agree on the 8* driver. The trend for drivers these days are higher loft to achieve a higher launch especially with the lower spin rate balls.

Comment

I have to agree with Westbeach, Nike NDS are a game improvement iron, I would not refer to them as "beginner" irons, I am not even sure what that means.

There are so many variables in shafts, particularly graphite driver shafts. It is fairly difficult to compare shafts from different manufacturers, one companys' R flex may be equal to another companys' S flex. There are also different subflexes in some graphite shafts, Accra would be one such manufacturer. It sounds like you need someone to fit you for a shaft, someone with a launch monitor would be helpful. If that is not available then demoing a few different shafts may help.

Comment

I had the same type of problem and was doing the same type of questioning you are doing right now. On advice from the board, saw Jeff Swain at Angus. Very valuable session. He just offered my some very good advice. I found out I didn't need to change the driver one bit. All I needed was a slight change in set up, cuz I didn't understand how to hit the "newer" technology drivers. Been hitting the driver a lot more confidently now since then. I would recommend for you to give him a try. He'll let you know what you need. You'll find his contact info all over this forum.

Comment

8* was the only one that was left. 400 club for 179 plus my friends employee discount, im not passing that up

i usually tend to bring the ball to the right a bit.

at the range i can hit the back fence at about 240yds with it yet for some reason i cant do crap with it when i play a round. next time i play im going to get a friend to videotape my swing, theres gotta be something that i am doing wrong that can be easily corrected with some practice.

its been my understanding that stiff flex shafts are more for golfers with a pretty fast swing speed, and i only have about an average swing speed.

usually btw 80-100mph according to golftown sim. i guess that is due to that i had my left wrist broken a few years ago playing soccer.

either way, it just doesnt feel right for me using a stiff flex shaft. ever since i started having graphite shaft drivers i always had regular flex, and i had better luck with that
                Callaway FT-5 9°
                TaylorMade RBZ 3 wood
                TaylorMade RBZ 5 wood
                Callaway Diablo Edge Hybrid 3 wood
                Callaway Big Bertha 4-PW
                Callaway Forged 52°, 56°
                Callaway Tour Blue TT3
                Handicap - Win some lose some more.....

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse