/*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked BEGIN*/ /*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked END*/
Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

Baseball Glove for Golf ???

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baseball Glove for Golf ???

Probably the most stupid question ever asked on this forum, but anyone tried to use a Baseball Glove for golf ? The batter not the catcher, of course
    I figure they maybe more durable and maybe more protective for us Old Fossils with fragile hands and skin, LOL
    Stay safe and cheers
    Last edited by veryold; Mar 24, 2020, 11:42 AM.

Too thick for a good feel. I've seen maybe five used in the last 54 years.
    King Cobra F9 10.5* Tour, VA Composites Raijin 44 A
    Cobra F8 3-4 wood 13.5*, VA Composites Raijin 44 R
    Cobra F8 5 wood 17.5*, Tensei Blue A
    Mizuno CLK 22*, Speeder Evolution HB 75 S
    Yonex Super Renkin Tour 5-pw, stock S graphite
    Cobra MIM forged 50*, KBS Hi Rev 125 S

Ping Glide 1.0 ES 54.5*, CFS Wedge Flex
    Ping Eye 2+, 57.5*, KT S
    Super Stroke Midsize Grips, Red

Ping Pal TR, 35"

"Some day the courage of men may fail, but it will not be this day!"

Comment

Originally posted by veryold View Post
      Probably the most stupid question ever asked on this forum, but anyone tried to use a Baseball Glove for golf ? The batter not the catcher, of course
      I figure they maybe more durable and maybe more protective for us Old Fossils with fragile hands and skin, LOL
      Stay safe and cheers
      Not even in the top 10 in stupidity

Bring on the CaddyDaddy or for this OP the CaddyGrandDaddy LOL

https://thegadgetflow.com/blog/most-...e-golf-gloves/

Comment

I have always held the golf club at the very end of the grip as I was used to this from playing so much hockey from a very young age - because of this I would go thru at least 15 gloves per year until I found the kangaroo leather gloves at GT about 7 years ago (3 per season would last me) but they no longer sell them so I switched to baseball batting gloves 2 years ago and they last even better - only problem is you have to buy 2 - so one is wasted unless you might use it on the other hand in the colder months - National Sports has a variety of batting gloves starting at 25 up to over 70 -- they do have good sales at times as I bought my stock for this year back in early Nov. -bought 3 pair regular 45 a pair for 20 bucks a pair
        Driver - Cleveland Classic 290 - 10.5- Miyazaki Stiff -- Taylor Made Burner 3 and 5 wood
        23* and 26* Adams Idea Tech hybrids both with Fubuki 65HY S
        6 - W - Srixon Z 745 - Dynamic Gold S300
        52* - 56* Cobra Tour Trusty
        Scotty Cameron GoLo #7 --- Kia Ma Imola 8

Comment

Originally posted by cuonthe1t View Post
          I have always held the golf club at the very end of the grip as I was used to this from playing so much hockey from a very young age - because of this I would go thru at least 15 gloves per year until I found the kangaroo leather gloves at GT about 7 years ago (3 per season would last me) but they no longer sell them so I switched to baseball batting gloves 2 years ago and they last even better - only problem is you have to buy 2 - so one is wasted unless you might use it on the other hand in the colder months - National Sports has a variety of batting gloves starting at 25 up to over 70 -- they do have good sales at times as I bought my stock for this year back in early Nov. -bought 3 pair regular 45 a pair for 20 bucks a pair
          Such a valuable post, THANK YOU SO MUCH
          And also thanks to others for helping !!!

Comment

VO try some Bionics, available at Sportchek -> they are a lot more heavy duty IMO.
            WITB: Sun Mountain 4.5LS
            Titleist TS3 10.5 with Evenflow T1100 White 65 Stiff

Titleist 818 H1 21 & 23 with Accra FX300H Stiff
            Cobra One Length 3 Utility with
            Steelfiber i110cw X-Stiff
            Mizuno MP-18 MMC Fli-Hi 5i & 6i with Steelfiber i110cw X-Stiff
            Mizuno MP-18 MMC 7-PW with Steelfiber i110cw X-Stiff
            Mizuno JPX-900F 50* with Steelfiber i110cw X-Stiff
            Cleveland RTX 54* & 58 Mid with Steelfiber i110cw X-Stiff
            Seemore Platinum M7 Tour with SS Pistol Grip

Comment

Originally posted by Bobogo View Post

Not even in the top 10 in stupidity
              Missing the real question:
              "would a professional ball player increase his batting and slugging average
              if he wore a pair of golf gloves, due to more feel for the bat?"
              Adams XTD Ti 12.5* / TightLies 2 Ti / Super 9031 Tour / Ping WRX i20 Irons
              Ping WRX Tour Gorge / YES Natalie Putter B-CG / Leupold GX-4 Rangefinder
              Personal Best: 79, hoping for another sub 80 round before the Twilight Zone

Comment

In addition, if you try one of the cheaper synthetic leather gloves they typically wear much better. The high end, super supple cabretta leather gloves are very thin to enhance feel, but sacrifice durability in the process.

This would be a good example of a more durable glove: https://www.footjoy.com/golf-gloves/...6146E#start=12

10 degree Cobra Fly-Z+ / Matrix White Tie 55X4
                16 degree Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815 / Fujikura Speeder 865
                20 degree Ping Rapture V2 Hybrid / MR JavlinFX
                4-AW Nike Vapor Pro Combo / DG Pro

54, 58 degree Ping Glide / CFS
                Ping Anser Redwood

Srixon ZStar XV

Comment

Originally posted by Section ThirtyOne View Post
                  In addition, if you try one of the cheaper synthetic leather gloves they typically wear much better. The high end, super supple cabretta leather gloves are very thin to enhance feel, but sacrifice durability in the process.

This would be a good example of a more durable glove: https://www.footjoy.com/golf-gloves/...6146E#start=12
                  Those are the ones I wear.

I find them to be much more durable than the "good" gloves and they are half the price.

They have plenty enough "feel" for my game - I'm losing strokes to lost balls, bad putts, mishits from everywhere. Feel is a non-issue.
                  "Confusion" will be my epitaph
                  ...Iggy

Comment

Originally posted by Section ThirtyOne View Post

I wear these and stand up very well. Pretty inexpensive as well - usually a 2pk for $25 or so.
                    We may not be good but at least we'll be slow - PB

TM RBZ Tour 10.5 set to 9 deg with Aldila RIP Alpha 70s
                    Adams IDEA Super Hybrid XTD 17 deg stiff
                    Nike Machspeed 3H 21 deg stiff
                    Wilson FG Tour V4 - 4i-GW - DG Pro S300 - TLT build
                    Cleveland/TM wedges - 53 / 56 / 60 - all one length
                    Cleveland BRZ Classic 1 putter
                    Srixon Star XV
                    Ogio Grom bag

Comment

@VO, with you swinging through impact with your left arm/hand only, i'd be more concerned with your lead wrist taking all the stress of impact.

Rather than worry about a finger protecting glove I'd look into a wrist protecting device such as this.

https://www.grainger.ca/en/product/W.../EGO420L/XL-BK
                      Things change.

Cobra Fly Z+ Project X Handcrafted LZ50
                      Cal Steelhead 3,5,7 RCH99firm
                      Cleve Halo 19*hybrid s300
                      Cleve TA3 4-Pw TTX100
                      Cleve 57 s300
                      Nike Method

Comment

Originally posted by bl8d View Post
                        @VO, with you swinging through impact with your left arm/hand only, i'd be more concerned with your lead wrist taking all the stress of impact.

Rather than worry about a finger protecting glove I'd look into a wrist protecting device such as this.

Hey, THANKS FOR THIS, so much appreciated

And ALSO THANKS TO ALL OTHERS WHO HELPED ME here, and Everywhere elase

And yes I have one of those, but MIRACULOUSLY my left wrist is "still" in decent shape, go figure - everything else on my body is "falling apart" but my leading wrist is 'hanging in there" LOL.

You should see me in my "full protective gear" roaming the "HILLS OF BRAEBEN" - KNEE BRACES, ELBOW BRACES, I look like the Terminator of some kind and my friend, the Red Tail Hawk doing "fly buys" and keeping me company. Well come to think of it, if Braeben ever opens, maybe it'll be the Hawk and me alone, on the TRASH MOUNTAIN for the time being, ha ha.
                        Last edited by veryold; Mar 25, 2020, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bl8d View Post

Maybe even a tennis elbow brace might help with vibrations up through the elbow.

Being a lefty I always found when I jammed a club on a buried route or repetitions off mats it was my left or trailing arm that hurt.

I think that's because when your club head is stopped suddenly the trailing arm and hand has no where to go and kind of get trapped against the shaft, if that makes any sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Pingeye2_fan View Post

Maybe even a tennis elbow brace might help with vibrations up through the elbow.

Being a lefty I always found when I jammed a club on a buried route or repetitions off mats it was my left or trailing arm that hurt.

I think that's because when your club head is stopped suddenly the trailing arm and hand has no where to go and kind of get trapped against the shaft, if that makes any sense.
                            I think that you make total sense. IOW, i remember seeing PGA tour event broadcasts, where a player has a bad lie, like against a hidden tree roots and such, hits a hard shot, hits the root, hurts herself, and then "shakes off" in pain, NOT THE LEADING ARM ***BUT*** THE TRAILING ARM, well TRAILING WRIST to be more precise.

Comment

Collapse

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

Recently Joined

Topics: 175,897   Posts: 1,844,843   Members: 47,501   Active Members: 267
                            Welcome to our newest member, swqeas24125.
                            Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Working...
                            X