LF: advice on backyard hitting nets

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LF: advice on backyard hitting nets

hey nuts...
    with the impending delay of course openings, I'm thinking about getting a hitting net for the backyard. my lawn is already pretty pathetic, so what's a few more patches right?

seeking any advice on good brands, places to buy, etc.

done some preliminary research online and it seems like options are wide ranging...dont want the cheap $50 wall-mart option, but also not looking to get a full cage setup for $600.

something easy/quick to setup in around the $150-$400 price range.

this one caught my eye while searching the internet...
    Catalyst Golf partners with legenday short game expert Dave Pelz and Canada PGA Teacher of the Year and tour coach Gareth Raflewski to bring you exclusive practice and training aids. Get videos, drills, and tips they use to coach PGA and LPGA Tour Players how to win championships.

any experience out there?

Comment

I am thinking about selling my Boom Room if you are interested. It works perfectly, no holes or patches.

New was $500, I could sell it for $250.
      • Inflatable 12'x12'x10' golf practice cage
      • Inflates in 30 seconds, deflates in 30 seconds
      • Packs into 2'x3' duffle bag for easy transport and storage
      • Inflation fan included
      • Perfect for the backyard
      Click image for larger version  Name:	B002YGOVXA_500.jpg Views:	0 Size:	44.1 KB ID:	3123531

Comment

https://www.amazon.ca/-/fr/1-Accesso...=sports&sr=1-3

Looks like a decent buy. However whatever you do you should set up the mat as close as possible to the net so if you hit a wayward shot the ball will end up in the cage. Set up the net away from neighbours and windows and kids. I've had balls go through the net on occasions and fortunately nothing happened. Of course you could also build your own with 2x8, pipes and so forth.
        Do you search on YouTube if interested in building one. Plenty of examples. See this one though. The guy made on up with an old trampoline https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h446lkrd6sg
        Good luck
        Last edited by Tintin; Mar 26, 2020, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tintin View Post
          https://www.amazon.ca/-/fr/1-Accesso...=sports&sr=1-3

Do you search on YouTube if interested in building one. Plenty of examples. See this one though. The guy made on up with an old trampoline https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h446lkrd6sg
          Good luck
          Nice...but I think my neighbour's kids would get suspicious if they their trampoline went missing.

Fortunately there are no rules limiting the number of golf balls you can carry during a match!

Comment

Originally posted by Fore Warned View Post

Nice...but I think my neighbour's kids would get suspicious if they their trampoline went missing.

Your neighbours might also hate you after a while. POW.
            Jack Hamm has been all over the TV and the internet for many years now. He is listed in the Guinness Book of World Records for longest carry of a golf ball ...

Comment

Originally posted by Tintin View Post

POW.
              Jack Hamm has been all over the TV and the internet for many years now. He is listed in the Guinness Book of World Records for longest carry of a golf ball ...

Perfect, the brother in law has a birthday coming up.

Fortunately there are no rules limiting the number of golf balls you can carry during a match!

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
              X