Collapse

Pxg gen 3

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pxg gen 3

my new pxgs arrived today, If we can get past the price tag and focus on the performance... Pxg released a solid set of irons

I had the gen 2 release and while I loved the feel I always felt the “p” model was a little bit too much club head for my eye.

The numbers were good, my average with a 7 iron was 185 carry, the consistency/ forgiveness was great for such a small head. in a direct comparison to the T100’s they’re slightly smaller but x2 the forgiveness

I got fit by Stewart Bannatyne @ pxg, he really knows his stuff! Great customer service and always provides a thorough fit. If you’re looking for a new set he’s the guy to call. We ended up going with the Gen 3 T 3-P with X-100s

posted some pics below of the iron and my dispersion (3 different shafts/ T and ST). The performance speaks for itself

if you haven’t tried them you should

Attached Files

Nice. I bought a set of Gen 1 T’s at Xmas. They feel great!

Comment

Sexy clubs. Much nicer than previous generations. If only the topline was thinner 😔

Comment

I also got fit by Stew; great experience and I would highly recommend him.
        Before Stew, I went for a fit at TXG (for PXGs), I know confusing. I was less than impressed and never bought anything. Stew was on another level compared to my TXG fitting experience.

Comment

Originally posted by ping1-a View Post
          Before Stew, I went for a fit at TXG (for PXGs), I know confusing. I was less than impressed and never bought anything. Stew was on another level compared to my TXG fitting experience.
          He provided such a detailed fit, it was amazing how quickly he identified what I needed. He watched me hit about 15-20 balls and asked me to hand him the club he poped in a X-100 and you heard the difference it was night and day. We tried a few more combos but it was clear that the x-100s were leaps and bounds better then anything else.

not to mention when I had my first pxgs (Fit in Scottsdale) I was struggling with hitting them too high. Stew didn’t even fit me but took on the responsibility of making sure that my pxgs were right for me to the extent that he had offered to replace the shafts if we could find a combo that fit me significantly better

his customer service is second to none

Comment

Originally posted by Geeve1008 View Post

He provided such a detailed fit, it was amazing how quickly he identified what I needed. He watched me hit about 15-20 balls and asked me to hand him the club he poped in a X-100 and you heard the difference it was night and day. We tried a few more combos but it was clear that the x-100s were leaps and bounds better then anything else.

not to mention when I had my first pxgs (Fit in Scottsdale) I was struggling with hitting them too high. Stew didn’t even fit me but took on the responsibility of making sure that my pxgs were right for me to the extent that he had offered to replace the shafts if we could find a combo that fit me significantly better

his customer service is second to none
            If Stew is from the same Bannatyne family, I played two groups behing his dad in the 1973 Canadian Amateur at Summit. His dad Steve was a great striker and IIRC, was from the West.
            In the Hamilton Golf + CC Embroidered Ping Hoofer

Club Champion Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 A Flex​​
            Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, KuroKage 606 S
            TXG Custom T. Made SIM Max 21* 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2
            TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R

TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-Pw, 1* up, Recoil ESX 460 R
            PXG 0211 GW, 50*, UST Recoil Dart R
            TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115

Ping Glide 4.0, 58* TS/6, Nippon 115 S
            Tour Velvet Midsize Grips, Custom TXG Signature Putter Grip
            TXG Custom King Cobra Nova, 25 gram weights, KBS CT Tour Shaft

Comment

What didn't you like about your TXG experience?

Comment

Stew is widely regarded as the best fitter in CDN by a lot of PGA pros.

Comment

Nice! Got to hit the gen 3s earlier this year. Feel was incredible but the distance control was what blew me away! No flyers and super consistent

Comment

Originally posted by BigTut View Post

What didn't you like about your TXG experience?
                    1) They didn't have the 0211 heads to fit.
                    2) The 0311 XP Gen2 head was rattling with the hosel fitting system on many shafts. A few of the shafts I tested the grip wasn't properly installed to the shaft and was turning in my hand. They blew the grips on and off a few times but it didn't seem to fix the issue entirely.
                    3) The experience felt rushed. Basically, it started to wind down about an hour in and I didn't feel I was where I wanted to be in terms of a proper selection.
                    4) The fitter was talking to the other team members during the fit and barely paying attention. They had golf on TV and were watching and talking to each other about the programming.
                    5) The shaft that seemed to be best for me, was only something I suggested within the last 5 minutes of the fitting.
                    6) They didn't have most of the included PXG shaft options to fit or test.
                    7) In the end, they wanted $100 extra for the same shafts PXG was including free.
                    8) The price they ended up quoting was crazy, the same setup from the PXG fitter would have been almost $1000 less.

All that said, I really enjoy watching Ian's and Matt's videos. I've met Ian and I'm certain the experience would have been better with him but when I booked there was a 4 month waiting period to get in with Ian and I wanted a set before May/June. I was bummed out for a few days after because I had such high expectations.

It did work out though. I called PXG and they hooked me up with Stew who is amazing! He fitted me to the perfect set of irons, spent almost 3 hours with me and didn't even charge me for the fitting session to boot! I am super impressed with PXG and would definitely go see Stew for any new clubs in the future. I have already recommended him to a friend that was also fitted by Stew and got a new set of Gen3s.

I'm not here to bash TXG in any way. My experience was poor, based on my expectations. It's possible it was just a one-off experience or maybe my expectations were just set way too high based on what I've seen from the YouTube videos. Based on their long waiting list, I'm very sure many people have had great experiences with TXG.

Comment

1) They didn't have the 0211 heads to fit.
                      2) The 0311 XP Gen2 head was rattling with the hosel fitting system on many shafts. A few of the shafts I tested the grip wasn't properly installed to the shaft and was turning in my hand. They blew the grips on and off a few times but it didn't seem to fix the issue entirely.
                      3) The experience felt rushed. Basically, it started to wind down about an hour in and I didn't feel I was where I wanted to be in terms of a proper selection.
                      4) The fitter was talking to the other team members during the fit and barely paying attention. They had golf on TV and were watching and talking to each other about the programming.
                      5) The shaft that seemed to be best for me, was only something I suggested within the last 5 minutes of the fitting.
                      6) They didn't have most of the included PXG shaft options to fit or test.
                      7) In the end, they wanted $100 extra for the same shafts PXG was including free.
                      8) The price they ended up quoting was crazy, the same setup from the PXG fitter would have been almost $1000 less.

All that said, I really enjoy watching Ian's and Matt's videos. I've met Ian and I'm certain the experience would have been better with him but when I booked there was a 4 month waiting period to get in with Ian and I wanted a set before May/June. I was bummed out for a few days after because I had such high expectations.

It did work out though. I called PXG and they hooked me up with Stew who is amazing! He fitted me to the perfect set of irons, spent almost 3 hours with me and didn't even charge me for the fitting session to boot! I am super impressed with PXG and would definitely go see Stew for any new clubs in the future. I have already recommended him to a friend that was also fitted by Stew and got a new set of Gen3s.

I'm not here to bash TXG in any way. My experience was poor, based on my expectations. It's possible it was just a one-off experience or maybe my expectations were just set way too high based on what I've seen from the YouTube videos. Based on their long waiting list, I'm very sure many people have had great experiences with TXG.
                      Thanks for the comprehensive response. I'm surprised because the majority of members rave about their fitting experience at TXG.

What does Stew charge for a PXG iron fitting?

Comment

Thanks for the comprehensive response. I'm surprised because the majority of members rave about their fitting experience at TXG.

Tons of opportunities to get fit for free with demo days contact pxg

Comment

I'm not entirely sure. PXG gave him my details and he contacted me directly. Upon initial contact, he informed me that the fitting was complimentary whether I purchased or not.

Comment

Having had an excellent fitting, why are you playing all those clones? I know Gord is a fine fitter but he does have OEM gear to offer. But if the shoe fits as the saying goes...
                            In the Hamilton Golf + CC Embroidered Ping Hoofer

Club Champion Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 A Flex​​
                            Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, KuroKage 606 S
                            TXG Custom T. Made SIM Max 21* 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2
                            TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R

TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-Pw, 1* up, Recoil ESX 460 R
                            PXG 0211 GW, 50*, UST Recoil Dart R
                            TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115

Ping Glide 4.0, 58* TS/6, Nippon 115 S
                            Tour Velvet Midsize Grips, Custom TXG Signature Putter Grip
                            TXG Custom King Cobra Nova, 25 gram weights, KBS CT Tour Shaft

Comment

Originally posted by rgk5 View Post
                              Having had an excellent fitting, why are you playing all those clones? I know Gord is a fine fitter but he does have OEM gear to offer. But if the shoe fits as the saying goes...
                              you spelt dream set wrong

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X