Collapse

Accuform Irons?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by greggie View Post
    Kept my dad’s old set as a momento. 3-PW plus the woods.Click image for larger version

Name:	A16BBE55-E5AF-4F17-BBB2-628C3C30F8D5.jpeg
Views:	3423
Size:	105.2 KB
ID:	3220948
    Those are the ones. Did you ever try to hit them? I struggled with them big time.

Comment

Have a friend who worked for them. He has, or at least had most every club they made new and unhit at home
      "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Played them off an on as a young kid ... but shaft wasn’t right and didn’t really feel changing them - eventually went with a set of new irons (at the time). Was just cool to use my dad’s irons the odd round or two for a few years.
        Greg

SIM 9* Diamana s60 Limited X, SLDR 15 Speeder Motore TS 7.2 X15*, Titleist 913HD 18* UST V2 89X, Titleist 962B (3-6) DG Sens. X100 (+1", 2* up), Miura 1957 Baby Blades (7-9) DG Sens. X100 (+1", 4* up, pured), Titleist SM4 Oil Can 48 06 bent to 47* DG Sens. X100, Cleveland 588 TSC 53* (S400), Titleist SM Oil Can 58 08, Custom Slighter Tacoma (36.25", 70*lie, 2.25* loft), Custom putter headcover by girlygolfer.com , Sun Mountain C130

Comment

Originally posted by rgk5 View Post

Yes. I had a set in 1976.
          I wasn't even born yet
          In the Bag

Driver: Epic Flash Sub Zero - Accra FX-260
          Fairway Wood: Cobra F8 - Tensei CK Orange
          Hybrid:Mizuno JPX 900 - Accra FX-200H
          Irons: Mizuno JPX 900 Tours - KBS C-Taper
          Wedges: Mizuno S7 Blu-ion - 49*, 53.5*, 59* - DG Spinner
          Putter:Bobby Grace Smart Fit F18
          Ball: Bx or Z-Star XV
          --------
          Home Course - Clublink

Comment

Originally posted by chrish8 View Post

I wasn't even born yet
            Yeah, don't rub it in.

Comment

regarding the PTM blades,slightly more thantwo decades ago Joe Lavery did a L&L on my PTM blades ,when he told me Nick Weslock was behind their design.
              Weslock and Moe Norman were in and out of Lavery's golfshop almost weekly back then.
              I kept the Cushin styled Accuform putter but passed the set to my son's friend.
              things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Don't mean to thread-jack but if anyone is looking for a nice set of right handed PTM Blades with sand wedge-I have them. Possibly wood woods as well and putter!

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur Dailey View Post

Yeah, don't rub it in.
                  In the Bag

Driver: Epic Flash Sub Zero - Accra FX-260
                  Fairway Wood: Cobra F8 - Tensei CK Orange
                  Hybrid:Mizuno JPX 900 - Accra FX-200H
                  Irons: Mizuno JPX 900 Tours - KBS C-Taper
                  Wedges: Mizuno S7 Blu-ion - 49*, 53.5*, 59* - DG Spinner
                  Putter:Bobby Grace Smart Fit F18
                  Ball: Bx or Z-Star XV
                  --------
                  Home Course - Clublink

Comment

I’ve been an Accuform collector for years. I have two sets of PTMs and a set of the club you posted. I started playing Accuform a number of years ago because of their soft feel. 303 steel is very easy to bend. I’ve got a new 53 degree wedge head, and a few other heads. Still looking for a Sensor set. I still appreciate the PTM. In fact I felt they were the easiest blade to hit at the time. The cavity back still has great feel. I’ve got a brass putter head as well. Joey Sindelar designed the putter and played Accuform, and of course Dan Halldorson. Davis Love had a set he played for a season. Great clubs. Miss the company very much. There’s a few sets of PTMs on eBay at an outrageous price. Did not play the Whistler driver but it’s still on my list. I’m in contact with Sasksun Jr from time to time.
                    -Bill

Comment

I have a set of Cavity Back irons 3 - PW with Persimmon woods. They are in a black/white with red Accuform lettering cart bag. I'll post a picture one day as they are in storage. Maybe I should sell them.

Comment

Hey guys. Just hoping on this thread, bought a set of Accuform PTM's to play with and had my first round today. An experience to be sure. Does anybody have any info on the specs on them? I am hoping to just get some more information about lofts/gapping/etc. but can't find much online.

Also curious about the shafts that are in them. The sticker kind of looks like dynamic golds, does that make sense or did they have their own shafts? Thanks all.

Comment

Originally posted by rfern91
                          Hey all,

I inheirited a set of Accuform Sensors 3-PW in decent condition while learning how to play (started during the pandemic). Looking to sell them to make space for a new set of clubs. let me know if anyone is interested or private message me.
                          If you want to sell them, they must be placed in the BST forum, not in random categories. You must also list an asking price.
                          In the Hamilton Golf + CC Embroidered Ping Hoofer

Club Champion Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 A Flex​​
                          Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, KuroKage 606 S
                          TXG Custom T. Made SIM Max 21* 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2
                          TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R

TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-Pw, 1* up, Recoil ESX 460 R
                          PXG 0211 GW, 50*, UST Recoil Dart R
                          TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115

Ping Glide 4.0, 58* TS/6, Nippon 115 S
                          Tour Velvet Midsize Grips, Custom TXG Signature Putter Grip
                          TXG Custom King Cobra Nova, 25 gram weights, KBS CT Tour Shaft

Comment

Accuform clubs and the bunker rake were designed with consultation from Canadian Golf Hall of Fame member & former tour pro Ben Kern. Never heard of any involvement of Weslock.

Comment

Originally posted by hogan53 View Post
                              Accuform clubs and the bunker rake were designed with consultation from Canadian Golf Hall of Fame member & former tour pro Ben Kern. Never heard of any involvement of Weslock.
                              Nick was involved with them as he used and promoted their irons and wedges. The SW they sold was a copy of his custom grind Wilson R90 that was given to him by Johnny Miller. I bought one via Nick as well.
                              In the Hamilton Golf + CC Embroidered Ping Hoofer

Club Champion Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 A Flex​​
                              Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, KuroKage 606 S
                              TXG Custom T. Made SIM Max 21* 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2
                              TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R

TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-Pw, 1* up, Recoil ESX 460 R
                              PXG 0211 GW, 50*, UST Recoil Dart R
                              TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115

Ping Glide 4.0, 58* TS/6, Nippon 115 S
                              Tour Velvet Midsize Grips, Custom TXG Signature Putter Grip
                              TXG Custom King Cobra Nova, 25 gram weights, KBS CT Tour Shaft

Comment

I think they also did tennis rackets at one point.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X