Collapse

Re. Launch Monitor/SIM

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re. Launch Monitor/SIM

Hey guys. Setting up something for indoor practice, found a GC2 for sale on Kijiji but not sure if it's the right fit? What would you guys suggest? Honestly I just want something that will give me pretty accurate data feedback and allow me to play some rounds or do range sessions with a nice net return and a piece of turf. I'm not trying to build some millionaires man cave dream golf sim, I'm literally just trying to put together a garage style hitting area to practice, keep my swing going all the while obtaining good, accurate data feedback.

Thoughts? Thx everyone.
    WHATS IN THE BAG

Callaway Epic Flash Driver
    Callaway Epic Flash 3-Wood
    Titelist 818 4 Hybrid
    Titelist 718 AP1 4-PW, AW Irons
    Titelist Vokey SM6 52' F Grind
    Titelist Vokey SM6 56' F Grind
    Titelist Vokey SM6 60' S Grind
    Taylormade Spider Tour Putter

"The most important shot in golf is the next one."

Gc2 is perfect for what you’re looking to do.

Skytrak would be a cheaper option with still very good indoor/net performance.

For your setup, I wouldn’t look at radar based systems (trackman or flightscope) as they perform better when the ball has longer to fly (outdoors on a range etc)

Comment

Originally posted by neilbaylor View Post
      Gc2 is perfect for what you’re looking to do.

Skytrak would be a cheaper option with still very good indoor/net performance.

For your setup, I wouldn’t look at radar based systems (trackman or flightscope) as they perform better when the ball has longer to fly (outdoors on a range etc)
      Thank you for that info! I didn't realize the radar systems require a longer ball flight. So for my purpose, where I will be hitting into a net that is no more than 10 feet away indoor, which unit would you say is the absolute best to give me the accuracy I need to know what my shot is actually doing and to be able to have some fun with on a sim? GC2?
      WHATS IN THE BAG

Titelist 818 4 Hybrid

Comment

Originally posted by GolferRay View Post

Thank you for that info! I didn't realize the radar systems require a longer ball flight. So for my purpose, where I will be hitting into a net that is no more than 10 feet away indoor, which unit would you say is the absolute best to give me the accuracy I need to know what my shot is actually doing and to be able to have some fun with on a sim? GC2?
        A GCQuad would be the gold standard but doubt you want to spend $20k+ just for the unit. The GC2 would likely be best.

Comment

Both Skytrak and GC2 work fine indoors. Skytrak is the most economical option for both hardware and software. Be sure to figure out what software you want and include those costs as well.

Comment

You could also look at the flightscope mevo plus. Compares to a skytrak at a bit of a reduced rate. Just doesn't have as large a simulator capability but it doesn't seem like you're looking for that.

Comment

Ya all of these I heard are good. I think I will go with GC2. I'm trying to find someone that has a used unit for sale though.
              WHATS IN THE BAG

Titelist 818 4 Hybrid

Comment

Make sure you read up on the forums. I have read the skytrak is great but the delays are long to bring back shot data
                Driver - Taylormade SIM MAX 9.0 Diamana S
                3W - Taylormade M4
                5 wood - Callaway X Hot
                4 Hybrid - Taylormade R15
                Irons - Taylormade 2017 P790 5-PW
                Wedge - 52 Raw Jaws/56 MD 2 tour grind
                Putter - Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard