Collapse

PXG 0811X Driver

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PXG 0811X Driver

Any one here swinging the PXG 0811X Gen 2 driver? They have it down to 225 USD$ on there site, and I’m currently waiting for a Canadian Rep to contact me about purchasing it. Beautiful looking driver just wondering the forums feedback on it. Sorry if there’s a topic on it already.

That price is about $300 CAD and looks like decent buy. (Not sure if there will be more charges for shipping over border etc.)

TXGs review looked pretty good, very forgiving driver and what not, I want to get the SIM or Mavrik but this price point is very appealing to me.

brando
    "Your swing isn't the problem."

Sorry, I don't have any concrete info for you, but now that the pricing has come way down to earth, and the reviews on both retail drivers being fairly decent, I would say it's probably a good buy, and comparable to most current brand drivers. Resale would also likely be really easy, since it would be a more rare find here in Canada. Why can't you simply order right off their website?

Bridgestone J715 10.5
    Adams Tight Lies Titanium 13.5
    Adams Super LS 17d.
    Mizuno JPX-850 forged 4-PW
    Scratch 8620 53d.
    Callaway X-forged 58d.
    Odyssey White Hot Tour #2
    Srixon Q-star tour

Comment

After shipping, taxes, shaft upcharges, it's a lot more than $300. Still a decent deal though. They don't ship to Canada through the site you have to go through a dealer. modern, txt, McMahon, Shuster, etc

Comment

You can order it from PXG Canada and get fit free.
        It will be roughly $300 but you will have to pay the $60 shipping from Scottsdale.
        Both Gen 2 drivers are good but the Proto is a lot more stable.
        I went for the proto.

Comment

Thanks for the info everyone, yeah you can’t get it from there site they told me it has to be from a Canadian rep, which I’m just waiting to hear from. They had the hzrds yellow in X as no up charge which is an alright shaft for me.

We shall see!
          "Your swing isn't the problem."

Comment

I have the 0811X gen 2 driver.

it is a solid and very forgiving head. I only put it in play a few times in November so cannot provide a detailed account as weather was so so but for me it is equally long and forgiving as the G400 Max ( my other driver)

if you have a friend in the US have it shipped by PXG there and they can forward it to you here.
            "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Cant speak for the driver, but did order a pair of 317X Gen 2 hybrids. Did the online fitting with them over the phone, the rep got in contact with me and it was a done deal
              A lot of their clubs are listed for a really great deal right now and all of the ppl I dealt with through PXG were great to deal with
              Hopefully everything works out as well for you as it did for me!

Comment

They just launched the new 0211 line and put it on a big sale. PXG is getting aggressive on price.
                9 of the clubs in my bag are PXG and I couldn't be happier with the performance and quality.

Comment

I reached out to Modern Golf in December about buying a few wedges and they brushed me off and basically told me to inquire again in the Spring. Was hoping to order now so that the clubs would be ready to go at the start of the season.

I bought the 0211 irons from MG back in May as an experiment. It has gone very well and was hoping to round out the set.

When you guys have purchased direct from PXG are you getting dinged with duty and taxes?

Comment

Originally posted by TheBananaSlice View Post
                    I reached out to Modern Golf in December about buying a few wedges and they brushed me off and basically told me to inquire again in the Spring. Was hoping to order now so that the clubs would be ready to go at the start of the season.

I bought the 0211 irons from MG back in May as an experiment. It has gone very well and was hoping to round out the set.

When you guys have purchased direct from PXG are you getting dinged with duty and taxes?
                    BananaSlice happy to connect with you on wedges Feb 1st as we will begin processing 2021 orders. We are working on some new stuff with PXG for 2021 and hope to have it accomplished shortly.

Comment

The 0211 driver is very nice looking indeed. Somewhat the same as the previous offerings, but a deeper face, which will appeal to most. At around $300 CAN, it's probably a good buy. Seems like PXG has come down off their high horse. Have to even wonder if their in trouble.

The new driver should sell at that price point. Doesn't rival Titleist on adjustability, but at 1/2 the price, it might sell better.
                      Bridgestone J715 10.5
                      Adams Tight Lies Titanium 13.5
                      Adams Super LS 17d.
                      Mizuno JPX-850 forged 4-PW
                      Scratch 8620 53d.
                      Callaway X-forged 58d.
                      Odyssey White Hot Tour #2
                      Srixon Q-star tour

Comment

Originally posted by 73monte View Post
                        The 0211 driver is very nice looking indeed. Somewhat the same as the previous offerings, but a deeper face, which will appeal to most. At around $300 CAN, it's probably a good buy.
                        It's $295 US....with shipping, tax and possible courier brokerage fees....I'd say the 0211 driver might be close to $500 Cdn landed.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBananaSlice View Post

No, there are no duties.
                          There is $60 (roughly) in shipping and obviously, you have to pay the HST.
                          The nice thing about PXG is the fitting is included and they have all the shaft offerings.
                          I'm not sure who the rep is now. It used to be Stewart who is an awesome fitter but Stewart recently left and is at Modern Golf now... but I don't think he's doing fittings anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by ping1-a View Post

No, there are no duties.
                            There is $60 (roughly) in shipping and obviously, you have to pay the HST.
                            The nice thing about PXG is the fitting is included and they have all the shaft offerings.
                            I'm not sure who the rep is now. It used to be Stewart who is an awesome fitter but Stewart recently left and is at Modern Golf now... but I don't think he's doing fittings anymore.
                            Do they charge state tax?

Comment

Originally posted by Weirfan View Post
                              I have the 0811X gen 2 driver.

it is a solid and very forgiving head. I only put it in play a few times in November so cannot provide a detailed account as weather was so so but for me it is equally long and forgiving as the G400 Max ( my other driver)

if you have a friend in the US have it shipped by PXG there and they can forward it to you here.
                              You've got an 0811XF

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X