Collapse

question for SIM fairway wood users

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question for SIM fairway wood users

Does the v-steel sole provide any relief when hitting off the deck similar to Cobra's rails?

Looking to move from my 3 wood something with slightly deeper face so I can use it off the tee and the deck.
    Nike Vapor Speed TW AD-DI6
    NIke Vapor Fly 15* Diamana Ilima 70
    Cobra 5-6 F7 HZRDUS Red 75
    Ping I200 4-W Modus3 105
    Engage Wedges 125 wedge
    Odyssey Damascus #1

Had one for a few months and didn't feel it made a huge difference off the deck the few times I used on course, or testing at the range. Not sure if it would help someone who struggles with hitting off the deck an I haven't had that issue as I'm a bit steep and have the speed to get it up.

I had the 14* Rocket and paired with with an 80X Kai'Li and found that it was just too long off the tee. So sold it with the stock shaft and will go back to 4 or a 5 wood for gapping purposes. Maybe even a Sim 5wd as it was a solid performer and I had no issues with the clubhead itself.

At the range, it was consistently only 10-15 yards carry shorter than driver, and didn't fit my need as I marginally hit driver more and more consistently.

Comment

I got myself the tour issue model which was a lot smaller then the retail version and I found it to be much better from the deck and the same performance from the tee

Comment

Originally posted by Geeve1008 View Post
        I got myself the tour issue model which was a lot smaller then the retail version and I found it to be much better from the deck and the same performance from the tee
        is the sim tour version similar size as the '17 M2 tour version?
        Nike Vapor Speed TW AD-DI6
        NIke Vapor Fly 15* Diamana Ilima 70
        Cobra 5-6 F7 HZRDUS Red 75
        Ping I200 4-W Modus3 105
        Engage Wedges 125 wedge
        Odyssey Damascus #1

Comment

Originally posted by rusty88 View Post

is the sim tour version similar size as the '17 M2 tour version?
          Different shape but yes similar size

Comment

Where did you buy the head -- if you don't mind me asking.

I've bought some tour issue Taylor Made heads off of eBay but after measuring them, they seemed to have been hot melted and did not play to "stock" weights -- is there an option to buy a tour issue from some place other than a reseller on eBay?

(I know TM doesn't sell components directly to the public -- even the custom shop requires a full club build -- ugh!)

Comment

Originally posted by eastendduffer View Post

Where did you buy the head -- if you don't mind me asking.

I've bought some tour issue Taylor Made heads off of eBay but after measuring them, they seemed to have been hot melted and did not play to "stock" weights -- is there an option to buy a tour issue from some place other than a reseller on eBay?

(I know TM doesn't sell components directly to the public -- even the custom shop requires a full club build -- ugh!)
              Will peoples in the us

Comment

Just be careful with SIM fairway woods. It's a low spinning head so off the deck, you might benefit from the turf interaction but if you don't get enough speed/spin, all you'll be hitting are bullets. With that said, the SIM ti is crazy long. I'm getting driver numbers out of mine.

Comment

Will peoples in the us
                  Gracias!

Comment

Originally posted by eastendduffer View Post

Gracias!
                    No problem

Comment

I’ve been considering going from my M2 3HL Tour — which I really like because it has a deeper face — to the Sim Ti 3 wood.

I looked at them at GT about 6 weeks ago and it appeared that the Sim Ti was quite close in face depth to the M2 3HL Tour. Certainly closer than the Sim Max.

But they are an expensive 3 wood! And they are really rare on Kijiji. Even used a Sim Ti on Golf Avenue or GT Preowned is priced pretty high.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdntac View Post
                        I’ve been considering going from my M2 3HL Tour — which I really like because it has a deeper face — to the Sim Ti 3 wood.

I looked at them at GT about 6 weeks ago and it appeared that the Sim Ti was quite close in face depth to the M2 3HL Tour. Certainly closer than the Sim Max.

But they are an expensive 3 wood! And they are really rare on Kijiji. Even used a Sim Ti on Golf Avenue or GT Preowned is priced pretty high.
                        I don't think that you would find it to be that much more that what you already have in an M2 Tour. Certainly aren't cheap in the Ti version for a 3wd. I actually preferred the sound I used to get from my '16 M2 to the Sim, to me, it had the best 'crack' sound in a fairway in a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Gwelfgulfer View Post

I don't think that you would find it to be that much more that what you already have in an M2 Tour. Certainly aren't cheap in the Ti version for a 3wd. I actually preferred the sound I used to get from my '16 M2 to the Sim, to me, it had the best 'crack' sound in a fairway in a long time.
                          I suspect not either. It’s probably just more of a case of wanting to upgrade to a newer model. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdntac View Post

I suspect not either. It’s probably just more of a case of wanting to upgrade to a newer model. Lol.
                            Likely. When I would hit Guy's '17 M2 Tour 4wd, it launched really well and had very good distance even with a shaft I didn't really like in it vs. mine. So any distance difference was loft and shaft related (never liked Rul's)., not head for sure.

Comment

Currently gaming the Sim Max 15° with a Tensei Pro Blue 80TX. Best fairway wood to date (tee and deck). I find the M1, M3, M5, SIM models are too low spinning and go to far.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X