question for SIM fairway wood users

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ctv1 View Post
    Global Golf's "Utry" program is very good
    Forgot about that as an option now. Just not used to that being an option up here vs. many retailers in the US.

Comment

Originally posted by rgk5 View Post
      I see. I assumed from the long list of TM fairway woods listed you would have had little time to extensively test any others.
      I always had TM woods/driver . . . bought a Titleist 5 wood lat year to replace my 2Hybrid TM and loved it. What are you thinking in 3 woods?
      If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Chambokl View Post

I always had TM woods/driver . . . bought a Titleist 5 wood lat year to replace my 2Hybrid TM and loved it. What are you thinking in 3 woods?
        I am a strong advocate of Cobra 3-woods. Great ball speed and easy to hit off the deck. I've owned an F6, F8 and now a Speedzone.
        In the Hamilton Golf + CC Embroidered Ping Hoofer

Club Champion Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 A Flex​​
        Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, KuroKage 606 S
        TXG Custom T. Made SIM Max 21* 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2
        TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R

TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-Pw, 1* up, Recoil ESX 460 R
        PXG 0211 GW, 50*, UST Recoil Dart R
        TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115

Ping Glide 4.0, 58* TS/6, Nippon 115 S
        Tour Velvet Midsize Grips, Custom TXG Signature Putter Grip
        TXG Custom King Cobra Nova, 25 gram weights, KBS CT Tour Shaft

Comment

I've only had 'sim' experience with my SIM Ti, but early going is it's extremely 'hot' and it seems to be consistently straighter than my M5 in comparable simulator conditions, which definitely had a slight fade bias...

Can't wait to get it out on the course, should've been 2 weeks from now in Mexico but...
          TM Qi10 Ruby Red 460 Driver 9.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S)
          TM Stealth 2 Plus 3 Fairway 15.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S)
          TM Stealth 2 Plus 3 Hybrid 19.5D (Fujikura Vista Pro HB 70S)
          TM Stealth Irons (KBS C-Taper Lite 110S) (4-LW) Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals / Irons)
          TM My TP Soto Silver and Black Putters
          * (Custom / KBS CT Tour) - Golf Pride TM Pistol
          TM My Spider Tour X3 Putter* (Custom / KBS Black PVD) - SuperStroke Zenergy Pistol GT 1.0
          TM Supreme Cart Bag (Black / Red)
          TM TP5 Golf Ball
          Clicgear 4.0 Push Cart
          SkyCaddie SX550 GPS
          Bushnell ProX3 Laser Rangefinder

(*Interchangeable to adhere to 14 club rule)

Comment

Originally posted by Gwelfgulfer View Post

Likely. When I would hit Guy's '17 M2 Tour 4wd, it launched really well and had very good distance even with a shaft I didn't really like in it vs. mine. So any distance difference was loft and shaft related (never liked Rul's)., not head for sure.
            Played the Sim max 3 wood for the last couple of rounds and really liked it. Steady performance but cant say its any longer than the M2 Tour I was playing before that. It is shiny and the latest so thats why its in the bag.

Wasn't a need but more of a want. Agree about the Sim Ti being too long, unless you are going to drop the driver from your bag.
            Pxg Gen 4. Project X hzrdus

Srixon 3 Hybrid

Srixon 4 Hybrid

Mizuno Mp H4 4-PW

Mizuno S18 Gap Wedge 51

Mizuno S 22 56 wedge

Odyssey Ten Tour Lined Broomstick

Comment

Sigh. I wish I had a club that was "too long." Currently hitting Cally X2Hot 3 wood and XR 5 wood and like both. Interested in perhaps going to one 4 wood and replacing both. Saw an M5 on kijiji which has adjustability. Thoughts?

Comment

Curious how you compare the m2 3 wood shafting compared to the new sim?? my 3 wood has the stock re ax, ive never hit the sim 3 wood but read it is solid. Any thoughts on a comparable shaft?
                " the only shots you can be dead sure of are those you've had already."

WHATS IN THE BAG

Ping I20 9.5 stiff
                Sonartec 2.5 3/5 woods
                Mcgregor hybrids 3,4,5
                Ping i20
                MacGregor response
                Snickers tour bag
                Pro V1

Comment

This isn't the answer you were looking for, but here are my thoughts.

The m2 was a great clubhead, but the reax shaft was a cheap made for taylormade shaft, so another idea would be to replace just the shaft. The problem with most of the made for shafts is they use cheap materials so it is impossible for the manufacture to make a shaft with good structural integrity - so in golf terms the shaft will flex, bend and droop too much. This problem is more pronounced with fairway woods because of their low retail price.

So my first suggestion would be to demo a few higher quality aftermarket shafts to see if you find anything you like.
                  Last edited by ctv1; Jan 10, 2021, 12:07 PM.

Comment

To directly answer your question the SIM TI is a monster. Arguably one of the best fairway woods ever made (till this year's model comes out I guess). The stock Fujikura Ventus shaft in the Sim TI would be a higher quality shaft than the Reax, but I think you would find it would have a comparable weight and swing profile.

The TXG testing placed the SIM very close to the Sim TI. If you hit it in the center they will both be identical. The SIM TI is (slightly) more forgiving off center.

Comment

OK great thanks , i love my m2 i bomb it but i played with a fellow who had a sim 3 wood and he launched it big time. Maybe ill wait for the new sim2 , thanks again .
                      " the only shots you can be dead sure of are those you've had already."

WHATS IN THE BAG

Ping I20 9.5 stiff
                      Sonartec 2.5 3/5 woods
                      Mcgregor hybrids 3,4,5
                      Ping i20
                      MacGregor response
                      Snickers tour bag
                      Pro V1

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse