/*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked BEGIN*/ /*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked END*/
Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

Golftown grip sale

X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    even at 1/2 price grips were never a loss leader at GT but I understand the present situation doesn't lend itself to a look see what else walk-about
    things change

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post
      And Gwelfgulfer I'm not sure it should really be called "Gouging Time". It ain't personal, it's just business.
      So does that make it ok? Does putting the "business" part in front absolve everything vs. "personal".

      11 months ago when people hoarded hand sanitizer and the likes to sell for 10x more, they made a "business" decision and took advantage of a situation.

      Comment


      • #33
        I just recently picked up a pile of the Superstroke S-tech cord grips from GT for 40% off during a Flash Sale. With free shipping, I was quite happy with the cost.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by bl8d View Post
          even at 1/2 price grips were never a loss leader at GT but I understand the present situation doesn't lend itself to a look see what else walk-about
          If the retail price on grip is $14.99 and they sell it at 50% off ($7.50) they are certainly loosing money the whole cost on those grips would be anywhere from $9.50 to $11.00 and that’s not factoring the install labour , tape and solution .

          Comment


          • #35
            This is from 2016 and material costs have gone up a bit since. OEM's pay (paid) about $1 for their grips , not sure what GT pays but I know not all that long ago many grips a friend was buying for his US retail , golf business were costing him a couple of dollars....that might be $4 or $5 now for a top end grip. My fav grips still cost $5 and there are less expensive ones for $2 and $3 uS that are quite fine...these are probably costing the retailer about a buck

            https://mygolfspy.com/infographic-th...ur-500-driver/
            Last edited by Weirfan; Jan 12, 2021, 04:41 PM.
            "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Weirfan View Post
              This is from 2016 and material costs have gone up a bit since. OEM's pay (paid) about $1 for their grips , not sure what GT pays but I know not all that long ago many grips a friend was buying for his US retail , golf business were costing him a couple of dollars....that might be $4 or $5 now for a top end grip. My fav grips still cost $5 and there are less expensive ones for $2 and $3 uS that are quite fine...these are probably costing the retailer about a buck

              https://mygolfspy.com/infographic-th...ur-500-driver/
              There is no way a retailer is paying $1 a grip today, are OEM’S maybe but there is a reason for that, customer walks in buys a new driver with a Golf Pride grip on it, uses the driver for few rounds and says hey I like this grip I think switch out all my Lamkin’s and put Golf pride grips on all my clubs ; I’ve seen cost list of these grips , Golf Pride velvet , multi compand’s etc the mark up is no more then 30% , unless the retailer bought a close out, or a discounted colour or style and even then the manufacturer would typically only give maybe 30%-40% off the wholesale price. I worked as a Dm for the largest sporting goods company in Canada for 15 years I had access to these cost list throughout 2001-2013 and even back then the cost meaning the wholesale price we paid for example for golf pride tour velvet was around $4.00-$4.50 , I would suspect that wholesale cost is now gone up 20-30%, grip prices have increased across the board over the last few years and it’s not because the retailer is trying to squeeze us for a few extra dollars it’s because the wholesale price has gone up and they are simply trying to maintain their 30% ish margin.
              Last edited by Risky84; Jan 12, 2021, 09:11 PM.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by ndrpar View Post
                Do they usually include putter grips in the sale?
                Yes sir!!
                Taylormade M1 460 Driver 9.5D (Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 TS) (8.75D)
                Taylormade M1 3 Metal 15.0D (Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 TS) (16.5D)
                Taylormade PSI Irons (KBS C-Taper 105 S) (3-PW)
                Taylormade TP EF Satin Chrome Wedges (KBS Tour Wedge) (52D/56D/60D)
                Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals/Irons)
                Taylormade Spider Tour Black 34" (20G Weights)
                SuperStroke CounterCore Pistol GT 2.0
                Taylormade Supreme Cart Bag
                Clicgear 3.5+ Push Cart
                SkyCaddie TOUCH

                Comment


                • #38
                  The interesting thing with grips is some (I would hazard a guess a ton of guys on this site) just keep playing with the old grips for well beyond the time they should...

                  The GT annual grip sale is the impetus for some to get their grips done. If the sale doesn't happen, people will make do. Can't believe how many don't even clean their grips in the midst of the season.

                  This is one of GT's biggest and most successful events of the year. They will have it in some form, maybe encourage purchase on-line, get them put on closer to the season, many ways to skin a cat (Yes, their site is quite awful I have to agree).

                  Have to admit I like Golfworks as well, good customer of both orgs.

                  - Ian
                  Taylormade M1 460 Driver 9.5D (Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 TS) (8.75D)
                  Taylormade M1 3 Metal 15.0D (Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 TS) (16.5D)
                  Taylormade PSI Irons (KBS C-Taper 105 S) (3-PW)
                  Taylormade TP EF Satin Chrome Wedges (KBS Tour Wedge) (52D/56D/60D)
                  Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals/Irons)
                  Taylormade Spider Tour Black 34" (20G Weights)
                  SuperStroke CounterCore Pistol GT 2.0
                  Taylormade Supreme Cart Bag
                  Clicgear 3.5+ Push Cart
                  SkyCaddie TOUCH

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    I literally have 13 clubs to regrip and a putter to regrip this year and I have to reshaft a gap wedge so they better have a deal!!

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by tarrantian View Post
                      The interesting thing with grips is some (I would hazard a guess a ton of guys on this site) just keep playing with the old grips for well beyond the time they should...

                      The GT annual grip sale is the impetus for some to get their grips done. If the sale doesn't happen, people will make do. Can't believe how many don't even clean their grips in the midst of the season.

                      This is one of GT's biggest and most successful events of the year. They will have it in some form, maybe encourage purchase on-line, get them put on closer to the season, many ways to skin a cat (Yes, their site is quite awful I have to agree).

                      Have to admit I like Golfworks as well, good customer of both orgs.

                      - Ian
                      This is a positive for us that play their mates for $$s lol

                      Comment

                      Collapse

                      Latest TGN Reviews


                      Collapse

                      PGA Leaderboard


                      Collapse

                      Today's Birthdays


                      Working...
                      X