Collapse

Golftown grip sale

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golftown grip sale

With everything going on, is this still going to happen?

My guess is that it will start aorund Feb. 1st, barring further lockdowns. I have no information either way.
    In the Hamilton Golf + CC Embroidered Ping Hoofer

Club Champion Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 A Flex​​
    Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, KuroKage 606 S
    TXG Custom T. Made SIM Max 21* 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2
    TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R

TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-Pw, 1* up, Recoil ESX 460 R
    PXG 0211 GW, 50*, UST Recoil Dart R
    TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115

Ping Glide 4.0, 58* TS/6, Nippon 115 S
    Tour Velvet Midsize Grips, Custom TXG Signature Putter Grip
    TXG Custom King Cobra Nova, 25 gram weights, KBS CT Tour Shaft

Comment

Will probably require an online order with curbside drop-off and curbside pick-up. The way that the pandemic is still raging, I highly doubt that in-store service will be available...yet.
      And, if this is the way it will play out, GT had better improve their site considerably to handle any custom requirements (wraps, logo-up/down, etc).
      No good deed goes unpunished.
      A birdie is usually followed by

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
        Will probably require an online order with curbside drop-off and curbside pick-up. The way that the pandemic is still raging, I highly doubt that in-store service will be available...yet.
        And, if this is the way it will play out, GT had better improve their site considerably to handle any custom requirements (wraps, logo-up/down, etc).
        They really need to invest more in their online presence.
        Ping G410 Plus 10.5*
        Ping G410 3W 16*(17*)
        Ping G400 7W 20.5* or 3H 19*
        Ping G400 4H - 22*
        Ping G400 5 - UW
        Ping Glide 3.0 54/14 WS
        Ping Glide 3.0 58/10 SS
        Gamer: Odyssey Tri-Hot 5K One (Evnroll gravity grip)
        Back up: SeeMore DB4 Nashville (303 milled)

Comment

Very likely. With the boom in golf because it is one of the few sports that allows social distancing, it will be stupid for GT not to have a grip sale.

Comment

Originally posted by cgasucks View Post
            Very likely. With the boom in golf because it is one of the few sports that allows social distancing, it will be stupid for GT not to have a grip sale.
            I don’t think there is any doubt it’s good business decision, it’s how GT is going to logistically figure out a way do do it safely and correctly should there be any custom requests ie. extra wraps , their online demo sale this year was a total sh*t show

Comment

Originally posted by cgasucks View Post
              I think the opposite. Although it would be a HUGE PR disaster for them to not have it, you have a completely engaged group with limited options heading into the start of a year where golf will be one of the few outdoor sports they can play.

So like many of the clubs, "It's Gouging Time!!!" could be reasonable to see. Wouldn't surprise me to see it only at like 25%-30% off.

Comment

Originally posted by Gwelfgulfer View Post

I think the opposite. Although it would be a HUGE PR disaster for them to not have it, you have a completely engaged group with limited options heading into the start of a year where golf will be one of the few outdoor sports they can play.

So like many of the clubs, "It's Gouging Time!!!" could be reasonable to see. Wouldn't surprise me to see it only at like 25%-30% off.
                Yep, they have loss revenues to recoup some how.
                Ping G410 Plus 10.5*
                Ping G410 3W 16*(17*)
                Ping G400 7W 20.5* or 3H 19*
                Ping G400 4H - 22*
                Ping G400 5 - UW
                Ping Glide 3.0 54/14 WS
                Ping Glide 3.0 58/10 SS
                Gamer: Odyssey Tri-Hot 5K One (Evnroll gravity grip)
                Back up: SeeMore DB4 Nashville (303 milled)

Comment

It hasn't been much more than 30% for a few years now. The old days of 50% off are long gone in grips, although, as much as clubs may have increased in costs over the past 5 years, grips have almost doubled.
                  No good deed goes unpunished.
                  A birdie is usually followed by

Comment

It hasn't been much more than 30% for a few years now. The old days of 50% off are long gone in grips, although, as much as clubs may have increased in costs over the past 5 years, grips have almost doubled.
                    Guess I should pay attention more... Been buying from Golfworks more and more to help support them.

Comment

Guess I should pay attention more... Been buying from Golfworks more and more to help support them.
                      Same with me.
                      Plus, I'm fond of Pure grips and Star grips, they last the longest for me and stay the tackiest. GT only carries one sku of Pure and it's too skinny for me.
                      With the increase in grip prices these days, I would encourage anyone to check out these two brands, I get 3-4x the lifespan out of them.

Comment

Originally posted by ping1-a View Post

Same with me.
                        Plus, I'm fond of Pure grips and Star grips, they last the longest for me and stay the tackiest. GT only carries one sku of Pure and it's too skinny for me.
                        With the increase in grip prices these days, I would encourage anyone to check out these two brands, I get 3-4x the lifespan out of them.
                        or buy leather and never look back

Comment

Originally posted by Jasonp View Post

or buy leather and never look back
                          Not enough traction for me but, yes, I know many love them. The Pure DTX is my grip of choice these days, all rubber but feels like a corded grip.

Comment

40% for the last 2-3 years.
                            In the Hamilton Golf + CC Embroidered Ping Hoofer

Club Champion Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 A Flex​​
                            Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, KuroKage 606 S
                            TXG Custom T. Made SIM Max 21* 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2
                            TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R

TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-Pw, 1* up, Recoil ESX 460 R
                            PXG 0211 GW, 50*, UST Recoil Dart R
                            TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115

Ping Glide 4.0, 58* TS/6, Nippon 115 S
                            Tour Velvet Midsize Grips, Custom TXG Signature Putter Grip
                            TXG Custom King Cobra Nova, 25 gram weights, KBS CT Tour Shaft

Comment

Originally posted by rgk5 View Post

40% for the last 2-3 years.
                              which when I checked last, was about the same price that GolfWorks charges regularly.
                              MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X