/**/

Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

Best COLOUR for Sunglasses, for GOLF, of course :)

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best COLOUR for Sunglasses, for GOLF, of course :)

Hey all, as per title: which colour shade you prefer on a golf course ?

None. I cant golf with them on. At best I put on my dark smoke gray Oakley between shots but I can't hit a ball with them on

Comment

Originally posted by Jasonp View Post
      None. I cant golf with them on. At best I put on my dark smoke gray Oakley between shots but I can't hit a ball with them on
      Same here. It messes with my depth perception or something. Putting is even worse. My eyes gotta go naked except between shots.
      In the Titleist Canada stand bag.....

Titleist 915 D3, 10.5
      Titleist 909 F2 15.5*
      Titleist 910 F2 19*
      Titleist 913H 24*
      Titleist 712 AP1 5-GW
      Vokey SM6 52* (bent to 53*)
      Vokey SM6 58*
      SC Studio Stainless Newport

Comment

With sunglasses, there is more going on than just colour / tinting these days. Oakley have their Prism technology, Smith have their Chromapop, and various brands have their own lens tech to provide certain highlighting or edge-enhancement.

As a skier, the Prism and Chromapop tech really aid in various lighting conditions. "I'd pay anything" to improve low light / flat light conditions where you cannot see the snow surface below your feet because of flat lighting, and feel like you are skiing blind. I've been in situations where I think I am standing still, but actually moving -> freaky !

My optometrist also carries a brand of sunglasses called "Costa del Sur", developed by guys who deep-sea fish, and have their own filtering tech. A couple years go I bought a pair on her recommendation, really liked them and they became my go to pair, lost them at end of this summer, but snagged a couple new pairs on the $cheap at Amazon over Black Friday ( one is grey tint, the other brown )
        🍍 2023 WITB 🍍​
        Bag | Titleist Hybrid-5 Stand Bag
        Titleist TSi2 10* | Miyazaki Kusala Black 61x or UST LIN-Q White M40X 6F3
        Titleist TSR1 20* & 26* Hybrid | Evenflow White 90S
        Edel SMS Pro 5-PW | Steelfiber i110cw-S
        Edel SMS GW & LW | Steelfiber i110cw-S

Putter | Mizuno OMOI-03 Nickel Finish, stock grip
        Grips | All Clubs With CP2 Wrap Jumbo

Comment

I have some grey ones and when it is bright and sunny I generally need sunglasses as my eyes are very light sensitive. As for the best ones, I have no idea. I use sun dog, only because they are inexpensive and fit well.
          MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

Originally posted by veryold View Post
            Hey all, as per title: which colour shade you prefer on a golf course ?
            yellow.
            things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

I personally use the Oakley shallow water prizm lenses on the course, sometimes the Black iridium polarized. If you get a wrap around sport style frame its not very distracting during the shot but with a regular lifestyle frame the light can come in through the sides and it can create a bit of a distraction when hitting your shots.

Comment

Lens colour is just one factor.

I am using Oakley Flak 2.0 , Prescription with brown lenses . I would not normally choose Oakley because they have some of the poorest quality lens available but I had the frames so lenses were only $400 , rather than close to $800 for a pair of glasses. I was able to sell the prizm lenses to offset the cost by 1/4.

I do like the fit but unequivocally, Maui Jim makes the best and will be ordering a pair this year.
                "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

I've read polarized aren't good for golf. Something about not being able to read green contours. So one day I used a pair of non-polarized. It was so bright I couldn't see our elevated 16th green. Anyhow I use a standard brown or yellow.

Comment

Originally posted by nomullies View Post
                    I've read polarized aren't good for golf. Something about not being able to read green contours. So one day I used a pair of non-polarized. It was so bright I couldn't see our elevated 16th green. Anyhow I use a standard brown or yellow.
                    Polarized has nothing to do with brightness.

I have 2 pairs of Oakley both same lens the dark smoke gray tint. One polarized one not. Both provide same sun cover. Polarized is a completely different tech that has to do with glares etc I believe

Comment

Originally posted by Jasonp View Post
                      Me too. But for some reason I still always bring them along and they sit on top of my head or in my bag. I really should stop doing that as I know I'm destined to lose a pair on the course.
                      We may not be good but at least we'll be slow - PB

TM RBZ Tour 10.5 set to 9 deg with Aldila RIP Alpha 70s
                      Adams IDEA Super Hybrid XTD 17 deg stiff
                      Nike Machspeed 3H 21 deg stiff
                      Wilson FG Tour V4 - 4i-GW - DG Pro S300 - TLT build
                      Cleveland/TM wedges - 53 / 56 / 60 - all one length
                      Cleveland BRZ Classic 1 putter
                      Srixon Star XV
                      Ogio Grom bag

Comment

The Golf PRizm (Dark Pink) works wonder for me. Make sure to get non-polarized though since it is known to screwed up depth perception

Comment

I use the Oakley Prizm Golf lenses - they provide great colour contrast and work well in both low and bright light conditions.

Comment

Pinkish colour lenses are usually recommended for golf. For brands Maui Jim, Costa, and Smith were best lense quality during my deep search on this subject.
                            Nike Vapor Speed TW AD-DI6
                            NIke Vapor Fly 15* Diamana Ilima 70
                            Cobra 5-6 F7 HZRDUS Red 75
                            Ping I200 4-W Modus3 105
                            Engage Wedges 125 wedge
                            Odyssey Damascus #1

Comment

Maui Jim or Costa, just not too dark. I have a pair of Oakley Prizm but can’t read the green with them on, they have become a backup pair. I have two pair of Maui Jim’s that I use regularly

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X