/*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked BEGIN*/ /*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked END*/
Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

Best COLOUR for Sunglasses, for GOLF, of course :)

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been using polarized yellow lens for 5 yrs now. No difficulty reading greens, no difficulty with depth perception. In fact, eyes are no longer strained by the glare and now have 4 pairs (main bag, backup bag and in both cars).

Comment

Originally posted by Weirfan View Post
      Lens colour is just one factor.

I am using Oakley Flak 2.0 , Prescription with brown lenses . I would not normally choose Oakley because they have some of the poorest quality lens available but I had the frames so lenses were only $400 , rather than close to $800 for a pair of glasses. I was able to sell the prizm lenses to offset the cost by 1/4.

I do like the fit but unequivocally, Maui Jim makes the best and will be ordering a pair this year.
      You might be the best one to answer my question.

I’m on the cusp of needing glasses for distance, I thought maybe I was hitting it further and that’s why it was harder to see a drive land.
      Optometrist told me she didn’t think so.
      Also depth perception is impacted a bit.

So I like to wear sunglasses on the course between shots for eye protection.

Would contacts be a good option with non prescription sunglasses?
      WITB

D: PING G410 Plus 9*
      F: PING G25 16.5*
      H: PING G400 19* & 22*
      I: PING G400 5 - PW
      W: Cleveland CBX2 50*- 54*- 58*
      P: PING Anser 1966 TR

Comment

Originally posted by Pingeye2_fan View Post

You might be the best one to answer my question.

I’m on the cusp of needing glasses for distance, I thought maybe I was hitting it further and that’s why it was harder to see a drive land.
        Optometrist told me she didn’t think so.
        Also depth perception is impacted a bit.

So I like to wear sunglasses on the course between shots for eye protection.

Would contacts be a good option with non prescription sunglasses?
        I wear contacts only for golf, I find them better for golf than any Rx glasses I have had and I can wear my non prescription Maui Jim sunglasses (2 pair, one medium bronze and one darker for really bright days). Keep readers in my golf bag

Comment

Originally posted by outthere View Post

I wear contacts only for golf, I find them better for golf than any Rx glasses I have had and I can wear my non prescription Maui Jim sunglasses (2 pair, one medium bronze and one darker for really bright days). Keep readers in my golf bag
          I’m going to see if my script is available in contacts.
          Up until now I just use readers.
          WITB

D: PING G410 Plus 9*
          F: PING G25 16.5*
          H: PING G400 19* & 22*
          I: PING G400 5 - PW
          W: Cleveland CBX2 50*- 54*- 58*
          P: PING Anser 1966 TR

Comment

Originally posted by Ochoafan View Post

Same here. It messes with my depth perception or something. Putting is even worse. My eyes gotta go naked except between shots.
            this is interesting. I wear sun glasses all the time on the course. Never thought it could be affecting my putting........ my putting is bad. Going to try going without.

Comment

I used to have a pair of Maui Jim, brown sunglasses. Their optics were fantastic, so I used them regularly on and off the course. For reasons that I won’t get into, I couldn’t get a satisfactory replacement of the old lenses to satisfy my new prescription. As a result, I purchased another brand of sunglasses with grey lenses. I HATE the grey tint. Now I rarely use the sunglasses, save on very bright days, but even then, never while golfing.
              This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

my favourite were a set of Oakley transitions - the colour was persimmon, a light orange. They worked so great i would forget I had them on. Eventually lost them and haven't found anything as good.
                In the Bag:

Titleist 915 D3 - Diamana Whiteboard
                Mizuno 3 & 5 woods - TT steel shaft
                Mizuno MP-52 KBS Tour shafts
                Mizuno 56 black ox - TT
                Mizuno 60 raw haze - TT
                Odessy White hot custom fit - will take this putter to my grave

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard