Collapse

Golftown selling used clubs as new?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golftown selling used clubs as new?

So i ordered a SIM 3 wood from the weekend sale and happy UPS man made his way today however upon opening the package this looks like a used or demo club.

- ball marks on the face (not completely unusual)
    - came with club in lower setting, the ferrule is all scratched up, chipped, and the screw is kinda stripped (like how demos usually are)
    - bottom of club is all scratched up leading edge/speed slot rubber piece (like if this club has seen a few session on the simulator)
    - none of the club is wrapped in plastic (usually head and/or grip)

should i request additional discount? Or try and return/exchange it at the store when they reopen? Assuming stores still have any stock? This stinks since it was a great deal for a "new" club.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by rusty88; Feb 16, 2021, 05:57 PM.
    Nike Vapor Speed TW AD-DI6
    NIke Vapor Fly 15* Diamana Ilima 70
    Cobra 5-6 F7 HZRDUS Red 75
    Ping I200 4-W Modus3 105
    Engage Wedges 125 wedge
    Odyssey Damascus #1

That’s deff not a new club

Comment

I would immediately complain so theydont say you hit it at an indoor.

Comment

Originally posted by steveooo View Post
        I would immediately complain so theydont say you hit it at an indoor.
        oh good call, just shot them email with the same photos so they have a time stamp.
        Ping I200 4-W Modus3 105
        Engage Wedges 125 wedge
        Odyssey Damascus #1

Comment

Pics and send an email to the store with the info. Also call in and speak to someone to let them know to be expecting this. That is pretty unacceptable if sold as "new" and the store/warehouse should be pretty dam embarrassed.

I've seen one guy actually throw stuff back on the floor that was clearly used as "new" and it torqued me out. Also got into it with a customer who was trying to scam the store and return a clearly used putter and 2 hybrids 6 months after purchase (bought in the fall, return in the spring saying never used...). Sadly, this same person also accepted them back...

Comment

Originally posted by Gwelfgulfer View Post
            Pics and send an email to the store with the info. Also call in and speak to someone to let them know to be expecting this. That is pretty unacceptable if sold as "new" and the store/warehouse should be pretty dam embarrassed.

I've seen one guy actually throw stuff back on the floor that was clearly used as "new" and it torqued me out. Also got into it with a customer who was trying to scam the store and return a clearly used putter and 2 hybrids 6 months after purchase (bought in the fall, return in the spring saying never used...). Sadly, this same person also accepted them back...
            I'll bet his name was Simon. We banned him from Ancaster.
            King Cobra F9 10.5* , VA Composites Raijin 44 F2
            King Cobra F9 16.0*, UST Helium A Flex
            TXG Custom, T. Made SIM Max 7-wood, Accra 140 2.0 M2
            Sonartec MD Transition 23*, UST Irod A Flex
            TXG Custom, Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal "B" heads, 6-pw, 1* up, Recoil E460 R + 1/2", Soft Stepped Once
            Mizuno S18 50/07, KBS Tour 110 R

Ping Glide 1.0 ES 55*, Accra 90 wedge
            TXG Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth ES 58*, DG S300
            Ping Karsten TR Pal, 35"

"Some day the courage of men may fail, but it will not be this day!"

Comment

Push for discount plus ship a new one for inconvenience

Comment

Originally posted by rgk5 View Post

I'll bet his name was Simon. We banned him from Ancaster.
                No, was at Burlington when I was there. Isn't there anymore, not sure if still with GT.

Comment

This clearly should not have been sold as new. At full price or otherwise. Any club I've purchased from GT online, has always arrived NIP. Never had any issues buying online

In store is a different story. Most clubs, particularly drivers in store look pretty bad. They really should adopt the system that GG uses. They have a few of everything available for demo in the sim, but everything else is in the rack in wrapped in plastic.
                  Bridgestone J715 10.5
                  Adams Tight Lies Titanium 13.5
                  Adams Super LS 17d.
                  Mizuno JPX-850 forged 4-PW
                  Scratch 8620 53d.
                  Callaway X-forged 58d.
                  Odyssey White Hot Tour #2
                  Srixon Q-star tour

Comment

I mail ordered a hoodie from sportcheck and the item was/looked brand new - tried it on, reached in the pocket n there was a candy wrapper in there (not mine)? Called them up - they apologized and extended a sizeable discount. Think it’s a bit of the back and forth with online ordering being the new thing and item being returned.

Comment

Originally posted by Gwelfgulfer View Post

No, was at Burlington when I was there. Isn't there anymore, not sure if still with GT.
                      I think he's talking about the customer.

Comment

Originally posted by Bosco View Post
                        I mail ordered a hoodie from sportcheck and the item was/looked brand new - tried it on, reached in the pocket n there was a candy wrapper in there (not mine)? Called them up - they apologized and extended a sizeable discount. Think it’s a bit of the back and forth with online ordering being the new thing and item being returned.
                        Was it a kit kat wrapper ?

"Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Weirfan nice - am I buying your cast offs

Comment

Ugh they only offered 15% off or return. Going to see if they can exchange it with one at a store hopefully. Club came from Kingston store, not the warehouse which now doesn't have any.
                            Ping I200 4-W Modus3 105
                            Engage Wedges 125 wedge
                            Odyssey Damascus #1

Comment

Originally posted by rusty88 View Post
                              Ugh they only offered 15% off or return. Going to see if they can exchange it with one at a store hopefully. Club came from Kingston store, not the warehouse which now doesn't have any.
                              That's pretty sad right there. Congrats, we will let you return the club that we sold you...

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Working...
                              X