No announcement yet.
Collapse

Golftown selling used clubs as new?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holy moly! I'm sorry -- man, I feel bad just looking at these 2 clubs (!) -- clearly both used or demos, like everyone has said.

The club I bought rated "value" from Globalgolf looks way better than either of these clubs both users posted.

I was about to pull the trigger on the SIM Ti Rocket when the price dropped on the GT website. I'm sorry they didn't arrive as they should have. Good luck with the GG order, I was pretty impressed when I open the box once the SIM Driver I ordered arrived after the Black Friday sale thing they had last fall.

Comment

Just updating they sent offer of additional 10% so 25% off which I accepted. Figure fair pricing for demo club.

Get email reply of them refunding me 10% and giving me 10% off coupon code for my next order wtf?!?!

Global Golf one was a bust too, club had different serial # fonts, the build and finish was terrible, sole plate sticking out a little, top line paint much deeper in the face making it look shallower and the heel of the club was different shape.

I think this is the last time i'm ordering clubs online.
      Nike Vapor Speed TW AD-DI6
      NIke Vapor Fly 15* Diamana Ilima 70
      Cobra 5-6 F7 HZRDUS Red 75
      Ping I200 4-W Modus3 105
      Engage Wedges 125 wedge
      Odyssey Damascus #1

Comment

Originally posted by rusty88 View Post
        I think this is the last time i'm ordering clubs online.
        From them. I've never had an issue with Golfavenue or Global and been easy to send things back.
        Last edited by Gwelfgulfer; Feb 20, 2021, 01:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bosco View Post
          I mail ordered a hoodie from sportcheck and the item was/looked brand new - tried it on, reached in the pocket n there was a candy wrapper in there (not mine)? Called them up - they apologized and extended a sizeable discount. Think it’s a bit of the back and forth with online ordering being the new thing and item being returned.
          funny but you know what could of happened , either customer or staff member was eating candy and popped the garbage in the pocket of the hoodie ,a lot of the online orders is stock pulled from sales and shipped from the store to you

Comment

Originally posted by Risky84 View Post

funny but you know what could of happened , either customer or staff member was eating candy and popped the garbage in the pocket of the hoodie ,a lot of the online orders is stock pulled from sales and shipped from the store to you
            Yup - it came from a store in western Canada

Comment

So. I just had a similar experience last week - but didn't take photos. Ordered a set of Srixon Z585 irons - on sale ( $826 - great deal ). Get this - irons all had scrapes on the soles - but - had plastic shrink wrap on - as well as plastic hoods. They came from the GT Whitby store ( as indicated on the box ). When I phoned GT and inquired - they said - if they had the shrink wrap on - they came from the factory. OK. Something very fishy there.

I returned them for full refund. I could have lived with the scraped up soles - as it would not have impacted functionality - but I was pissed at the principle of it ( and I like to keep my stuff pristine if possible for potential resale ).

I am definitely gun-shy on GT online purchases. Will instead order at the store - and inspect prior to leaving the store. Or - pay the shipping premium and order form the US!

Comment

Originally posted by DrJekyll View Post
                So. I just had a similar experience last week - but didn't take photos. Ordered a set of Srixon Z585 irons - on sale ( $826 - great deal ). Get this - irons all had scrapes on the soles - but - had plastic shrink wrap on - as well as plastic hoods. They came from the GT Whitby store ( as indicated on the box ). When I phoned GT and inquired - they said - if they had the shrink wrap on - they came from the factory. OK. Something very fishy there.

I returned them for full refund. I could have lived with the scraped up soles - as it would not have impacted functionality - but I was pissed at the principle of it ( and I like to keep my stuff pristine if possible for potential resale ).

I am definitely gun-shy on GT online purchases. Will instead order at the store - and inspect prior to leaving the store. Or - pay the shipping premium and order form the US!
                this is such a bad look. They finally gave me 25% off my order but yeah not ideal experience.
                Nike Vapor Speed TW AD-DI6
                NIke Vapor Fly 15* Diamana Ilima 70
                Cobra 5-6 F7 HZRDUS Red 75
                Ping I200 4-W Modus3 105
                Engage Wedges 125 wedge
                Odyssey Damascus #1

Comment

Wow.. not a great look
                  WITB:
                  Driver: Taylormade M3 10.5 deg - Project X Evenflow 6.0 65g
                  3 Wood: Taylormade M2 15 deg - Motore Speeder VC 7.2
                  Hybrid: TBD