Collapse

Looking for a new putter

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gwelfgulfer View Post

I've been lazy the last couple of years in picking up an old 2ball again, may just ebay a Tour filled one. My main gamer is an Abbie forged and was lucky enough to get another off here a little while ago as a back up.
    Yeah if your gonna roll a 2ball ebay is the way to go until these drop in price. I gamed a Tracy for a long time, the bag chatter on it is next level becuase I lost the headcover. Just picked up a mint condition Tracy II slapped a half price superstroke on it, bang good to go.

"Your swing isn't the problem."

Comment

If brand doesn’t matter... I can honestly recommend the Wilson Staff infinite putters. I had the GrantPark model in the bag since the beginning of last season. They’re made very well and the ball rolls nicely off of the milled face. They have a fairly good weight to them depending on the model you pick. And they’re pretty damn cheap as far as putters go.

Comment

Three things to get right.

1. Toe hang to match your stroke; straight back, slight or strong arc.

2. Loft. The proper one will get the ball up and rolling without bounce or skid.

3. Length to ensure the putter hangs naturally. No reaching if too short or flaring your elbows if too long.

Weight is very personal as most modern designs are 350 grams or heavier.
        In the Hamilton Golf + CC Embroidered Ping Hoofer

Club Champion Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 A Flex​​
        Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, KuroKage 606 S
        TXG Custom T. Made SIM Max 21* 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2
        TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R

TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-Pw, 1* up, Recoil ESX 460 R
        PXG 0211 GW, 50*, UST Recoil Dart R
        TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115

Ping Glide 4.0, 58* TS/6, Nippon 115 S
        Tour Velvet Midsize Grips, Custom TXG Signature Putter Grip
        TXG Custom King Cobra Nova, 25 gram weights, KBS CT Tour Shaft

Comment

Had mine Yes! Ann putter for the longest time; love the c-groove technology, get really good and 'true' feel of the roll. Unfortunately, YEs! went out of business. Would pick up one of those clevelands putters, looks nice and economically sound.
          CGTF Pro member
          Sim2 max irons
          Callaway razr driver, Callaway Xfairway 3/5 woods
          Cleveland RTX4 54, 58
          Odessey 2TenBall
          Sun Mountainview C130
          Axglo Flip-n-go

Comment

Bought a Ping Anser in the mid 80's. Still in the bag. Some others came and went.

Looking at the Sik putters.

Comment

So I did manage to spend some time at golf town today unfortunately the selection was a little slim but did manage to try out the bettinardi BBone, the white hot odyssey seven, Cleveland soft premier, seemore ht mallet, and ping heppler anser 2.

Bettinardi- love the feel and sound off the face, grip fit my hands perfectly but I found it a little heavy head wise through the stroke. Still an awesome putter

Odyssey white hot og 7- did not like it at all. Doesn’t fit the eye for me, the head looks like it should be slightly bigger, had a SS grip on it(not my cup of coffee), had trouble keeping the ball rolling on the intended line.

Cleveland Huntington soft premier 11- for $199 plus tax... I honestly don’t think you could find a better putter. The sound off the face is like music to my ears. The feel and roll is unbelievably good for a putter in this price range. The grip is just right and the black all over is just beautiful!

Seemore HT mallet- right off the bat, I liked the look of it, grip felt good and made a familiar sound when striking the ball. However it was not rolling well for me. Not sure if it’s the straight shaft or me focusing too much on the alignment aid at the base of the shaft.

Ping Heppler anser 2- well what can I say.... the only thing I don’t like about this putter is the grip and that’s probably why I didn’t buy it today... definitely the best rolling putter I’ve putted with in forever, the look, the feel, the sound, the weight.. it fits my stroke like a glove. I didn’t get a chance to talk with a rep about what’s under the grip and what happens if I change it (they were insanely busy) but I guess that will be research for me to do this evening!

I am going to try and swing by another GT tomorrow or maybe Thursday and see if the selection is slightly different. But it will be very hard to find another putter that feels as good as the heppler anser.

thanks to everyone who’s made suggestions and given their input thus far!

Comment

Not sure which Golf Town you were at but the Burlington GT had lots of putters to try. I think Modern Golf is going to have a good selection of used/demo putters come March/April as well.

Comment

Originally posted by outthere View Post
                  Not sure which Golf Town you were at but the Burlington GT had lots of putters to try. I think Modern Golf is going to have a good selection of used/demo putters come March/April as well.
                  I live a bit north of the GTA and happened to be passing through and stopped in at the Woodbridge store.

Comment

To the OP, getting fit doesn't limit you to what putter you can have but informs you of what style best suits your stroke. I always love the look of the plumber neck but after testing we found the flow neck made the ball roll faster without much skidding. Now I only look at flow neck putters and I can still see difference head styles.

Comment

Originally posted by BarryBadrinath View Post

I live a bit north of the GTA and happened to be passing through and stopped in at the Woodbridge store.
                      I was at the woodbridge store yesterday to look for a hybrid in X-stiff. Obviously there wasn't any lol. Don't want to wait for one either with special ordering. Anyways I rolled the Taylormade FCG with L neck. One of the ugliest but best feeling putters ever, every putt feels great, pitfall is its ugly and costs as much as a scotty cameron. Gonna go to Markham and Aurora today.

So I went to both golftowns and rolled putts, one that I really enjoyed was the cleveland soft premiere, its all blacked out with a price tag of $199. So of course I looked online when I got home and BANG.
                      $159.99 at NGW. I rolled it next to a scotty newport to make sure I wasn't crazy.

Niagara Golf Warehouse holds a variety of golf putters from leading names in the industry, so you can find the perfect one for you. Shop online or stop in-store to consult with one of our golfing experts.

Last edited by brando92; Feb 24, 2021, 04:32 PM.
                      "Your swing isn't the problem."

Comment

Originally posted by brando92 View Post

I was at the woodbridge store yesterday to look for a hybrid in X-stiff. Obviously there wasn't any lol. Don't want to wait for one either with special ordering. Anyways I rolled the Taylormade FCG with L neck. One of the ugliest but best feeling putters ever, every putt feels great, pitfall is its ugly and costs as much as a scotty cameron. Gonna go to Markham and Aurora today.

So I went to both golftowns and rolled putts, one that I really enjoyed was the cleveland soft premiere, its all blacked out with a price tag of $199. So of course I looked online when I got home and BANG.
                        $159.99 at NGW. I rolled it next to a scotty newport to make sure I wasn't crazy.

Niagara Golf Warehouse holds a variety of golf putters from leading names in the industry, so you can find the perfect one for you. Shop online or stop in-store to consult with one of our golfing experts.

I unfortunately didn’t get the chance to visit another store yet but did reach out to ping and got the answers I needed. I know the Cleveland premier was solid when I tried it. The price is a huge bonus! It’s a front runner for me although the Heppler Anser still has the best look and feel for me. Unless my next session proves otherwise, Ping is on top of the mountain at the moment.

Comment

FWIW, I found distance control very hard with the Heppler ZB3. On paper all the specs lined up for me. On the course it lasted one round.

Comment

Originally posted by newy View Post
                            FWIW, I found distance control very hard with the Heppler ZB3. On paper all the specs lined up for me. On the course it lasted one round.

I didn’t try the ZB3. Wasn’t crazy how it looked down by the ball. I found the opposite in terms of distance control. I was a a lot more accurate in the 20+ putts I rolled with the anser than I’ve been last season with my B1-07. With my stroke being a slight to moderate arc, the plumbers neck compliments my path and I feel that with the flow neck, I’m working to hard to square up at impact and it’s leading to mis-hits and not hitting my line.

Did you spend time with it before buying it?

Comment

Nope but its close in specs to my Odyssey Black Series #6i

Comment

Done deal!! Thanks to anyone that offered help, advice and suggestions. The Ping Anser has come home!

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X