Collapse

Golf Sunglasses

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golf Sunglasses

What's a good overall pair of sunglasses to wear playing golf. Quality, price, comfort, durable. Also if anyone is selling a pair let me know. Thanks

I've worn sundog glasses, quality is good, price is reasonable and they fit great. Like anything you can spend way more but I think I paid about $25 for mine on sale many years ago.

https://www.golftown.com/en-CA/cloth...oaAp6IEALw_wcB
    MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

Maui Jim. Lots of styles and lens coatings. Although they are north of $150

Comment

Oakley flak jacket with Prizm lenses for golf... you can get other lenses & switch as required... Been using it for a few years and very happy with it... Another option is to get prizm lenses for driving instead of golf... couldn’t find major differences between the two excepts yellow popped in the driving lens whereas green & whites popped in golf prizm.

If u tend to sweat more,Oakley appear to handle it better.
        It's not about what you know, but everything about what you understand.

Comment

Some more responses in this thread:
          https://www.torontogolfnuts.com/foru...golf-of-course
          WITB: Sun Mountain 4.5LS
          Titleist TSi2 11* with Evenflow White 65

Titleist TSi2 18* hybrid with Evenflow White 90
          Titleist TS2 23* hybrid with Accra FX300H
          Srixon ZX7 / ZX5 5-GW with Steelfiber i110cw
          Cleveland RTX Zipcore 58* Full with Steelfiber i110cw
          Seemore Platinum M7 Tour with SS Flatso 3.0
          Set #2: MP-18 MMC 5-PW with Steelfiber i95cw
          Set #3: MP-4 5-PW with Steelfiber i110cw
          *** 2021 is The Year Of The Blade ! ***

Comment

Maui Jim for sure, I have 3 pair for golf. I tried Oakley Golf Prizm but they didn’t work for me, older lenses like G30 worked but not sure if they still make them

Comment

I have 2 Pair of the Oakley Targetline Golf Sunglasses and I find they are great ! I’m not usually a Sunglass wearer but I do like these for golf !

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffc View Post
                I've worn sundog glasses, quality is good, price is reasonable and they fit great. Like anything you can spend way more but I think I paid about $25 for mine on sale many years ago.

https://www.golftown.com/en-CA/cloth...oaAp6IEALw_wcB
                At some point GolfAnything had them at $7 / pair . . . I bought a bunch and would give them on trips (Cuba, St Marteen, St Lucia, Mexico, . . . ) they are decent and usually are more like $50+ . . . Always keeping an eye open for the next best deal. Three years ago, lids had a deal on hats . . . $6 / hat for $40 / $50 hats . . . did the same . . .
                If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

Has anyone tried both Oakley lenses prizm golf and prizm dark golf?
                  WIT Mr. PING Hooferlite

PING G410 Plus 9*
                  PING G25 4 wood
                  PING G400 7 wood
                  PING G400 4 hybrid
                  PING G400 5 - UW
                  Cleveland CBX2 54*& 58*
                  PING Anser 1966 TR

Comment

Originally posted by Pingeye2_fan View Post
                    Has anyone tried both Oakley lenses prizm golf and prizm dark golf?
                    I have. Dark is more useful than regular as regular just doesn't block enough light (your eyes will hurt). Road beats them both for golf. Go figure. I ended up with Road Blades. Search is over.

Comment

PM sent.
                      Ping G410 Plus 9*/Accra Tour Z X465
                      Ping 2014 Rapture 13*/Accra Tour Z X275
                      Ping G410 17.5*/Ping Tour 75
                      Srixon Z565 3&4, Z765 5-P/Accra iCWT 95
                      Ping Glide Stealth 50SS+54ES/Accra Tour 100i
                      Evnroll ER2B 34”/370g
                      MGI Zip Navigator AT/Sun Mountain Teton

Comment

Originally posted by newy View Post

I have. Dark is more useful than regular as regular just doesn't block enough light (your eyes will hurt). Road beats them both for golf. Go figure. I ended up with Road Blades. Search is over.
                        Thanks, great info, never considered the road for golf, the two golf lenses look a little too pinkish to me.

So to clarify, you have the Prizm Road Black lense. https://www.oakley.com/en-ca/product...t=888392471680
                        Last edited by Pingeye2_fan; Apr 8, 2021, 08:45 AM.
                        WIT Mr. PING Hooferlite

PING G410 Plus 9*
                        PING G25 4 wood
                        PING G400 7 wood
                        PING G400 4 hybrid
                        PING G400 5 - UW
                        Cleveland CBX2 54*& 58*
                        PING Anser 1966 TR

Comment

Originally posted by newy View Post

Sorry but what is the Road Blades? I'm in the search for a good sunglasses for golfing this summer, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by metallica86 View Post

Sorry but what is the Road Blades? I'm in the search for a good sunglasses for golfing this summer, thanks!
                            I think it's possibly this frame with the road lense.

https://www.oakley.com/en-ca/search?text=road%20blades
                            WIT Mr. PING Hooferlite

PING G410 Plus 9*
                            PING G25 4 wood
                            PING G400 7 wood
                            PING G400 4 hybrid
                            PING G400 5 - UW
                            Cleveland CBX2 54*& 58*
                            PING Anser 1966 TR

Comment

Originally posted by Pingeye2_fan View Post

I think it's possibly this frame with the road lense.

https://www.oakley.com/en-ca/search?text=road%20blades
                              Correct. The EVZERO Blades with Road Prizm Lens. Perfect for golf (and driving and biking too!). Very similar tint to the Golf series lenses but I just see things a tiny bit better through them, especially the greens. I love it when you're wearing sunglasses designed so well that you totally forget they're on your face and that's what these are. Pretty hard to fog them up too.

https://www.oakley.com/en-ca/product...t=888392454805

I've had the Prizm Golf and Golf Dark and sold both. If I had to choose between just those two I'd pick the Dark unless you always play first thing in the morning or late twilight. The regular Prizm Golf is pretty useless in full sun as the light transmission is too high.

And for everyday sunglasses, Maui Jim Bronze lenses. Love 'em.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Working...
                              X