No announcement yet.
Collapse

Golf Sunglasses

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Me personally after wearing brand name sunglasses for a long time, these pandemic times tightened my budget and forced me to look for cheaper alternatives. Surprisingly, you can get a decent set of sunglasses off of a Chinese seller from Ebay for under $50 (at most). I actually got my current pair of sunglasses for under $30. They're Oakley knock offs but they're polarized and photochromic which gives me a lot of value for my dollar. Comfortable too.

Since they're so cheap, I wouldn't freak out as much if I lost or broke them.

Comment

Originally posted by cgasucks View Post
      Me personally after wearing brand name sunglasses for a long time, these pandemic times tightened my budget and forced me to look for cheaper alternatives. Surprisingly, you can get a decent set of sunglasses off of a Chinese seller from Ebay for under $50 (at most). I actually got my current pair of sunglasses for under $30. They're Oakley knock offs but they're polarized and photochromic which gives me a lot of value for my dollar. Comfortable too.

Since they're so cheap, I wouldn't freak out as much if I lost or broke them.
      There's no way I'd use Chinese knock-off anything when it comes to protecting my eyes. They will do more harm than wearing nothing at all as your iris will open and allow more damaging light in than if you were just squinting.
      Last edited by newy; Apr 10, 2021, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by newy View Post

There's no way I'd use Chinese knock-off anything when it comes to protecting my eyes. They will do more harm than wearing nothing at all as your iris will open and allow more damaging light in than if you were just squinting.
        Hey...that's you. Think of this...most of the name brand sunglasses you buy for $100+ at your local Golftown or Sunglass Hut are made in China, probably from the same factory as the knock offs.

Comment

Originally posted by cgasucks View Post

Hey...that's you. Think of this...most of the name brand sunglasses you buy for $100+ at your local Golftown or Sunglass Hut are made in China, probably from the same factory as the knock offs.
          LOL doubtful. Don't mess with your eyes!

Comment

These just popped up in an ad: ShadyRays https://shadyrays.com/collections/mens-collection

$79. 100% UV. Polarized. Lotsa tints available. Free shipping.

Their ad got my attention for their lifetime guarantee. Break them, lose them, or even just lie about it and they'll send you a replacement pair. TTBOMK there is a "service fee" when you do it, I don't know how much though.

Anyone tried them?
            "Confusion" will be my epitaph
            ...Iggy

Comment

Originally posted by krikan View Post
              Oakley flak jacket with Prizm lenses for golf... you can get other lenses & switch as required... Been using it for a few years and very happy with it... Another option is to get prizm lenses for driving instead of golf... couldn’t find major differences between the two excepts yellow popped in the driving lens whereas green & whites popped in golf prizm.

If u tend to sweat more,Oakley appear to handle it better.
              Best of the best - As others have said, don’t *F* with your eyes...
              Taylormade M1 460 Driver 9.5D (Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 TS) (8.75D)
              Taylormade M1 3 Metal 15.0D (Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 TS) (16.5D)
              Taylormade PSI Irons (KBS C-Taper 105 S) (3-PW)
              Taylormade TP EF Satin Chrome Wedges (KBS Tour Wedge) (52D/56D/60D)
              Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals/Irons)
              Taylormade Spider Tour Black 34" (20G Weights)
              SuperStroke CounterCore Pistol GT 2.0
              Taylormade Supreme Cart Bag
              Clicgear 3.5+ Push Cart
              SkyCaddie TOUCH

Comment

...Furthermore, the Oakley outlet in Milton has had some amazing prices...
                Taylormade M1 460 Driver 9.5D (Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 TS) (8.75D)
                Taylormade M1 3 Metal 15.0D (Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 TS) (16.5D)
                Taylormade PSI Irons (KBS C-Taper 105 S) (3-PW)
                Taylormade TP EF Satin Chrome Wedges (KBS Tour Wedge) (52D/56D/60D)
                Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals/Irons)
                Taylormade Spider Tour Black 34" (20G Weights)
                SuperStroke CounterCore Pistol GT 2.0
                Taylormade Supreme Cart Bag
                Clicgear 3.5+ Push Cart
                SkyCaddie TOUCH

Comment

I have a pair of oakley monster dog glasses they have a prescription lens in them that are no use to me so i popped the lenses out last night

1. what and where should i buy lenses
                  2 do the lenses have any use for a golf nut if yes let me know here are the specs

Gold Emblem Lenses: Polarised and Mild Prescription for Distance OD: -1.75DS OS: -2.25DS

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                  X