Golf Sunglasses

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bobogo
    replied
    I have a pair of oakley monster dog glasses they have a prescription lens in them that are no use to me so i popped the lenses out last night

1. what and where should i buy lenses
    2 do the lenses have any use for a golf nut if yes let me know here are the specs

Gold Emblem Lenses: Polarised and Mild Prescription for Distance OD: -1.75DS OS: -2.25DS

Leave a comment:

• tarrantian
    replied
    ...Furthermore, the Oakley outlet in Milton has had some amazing prices...

Leave a comment:

• tarrantian
    replied
    Originally posted by krikan View Post
    Oakley flak jacket with Prizm lenses for golf... you can get other lenses & switch as required... Been using it for a few years and very happy with it... Another option is to get prizm lenses for driving instead of golf... couldn’t find major differences between the two excepts yellow popped in the driving lens whereas green & whites popped in golf prizm.

If u tend to sweat more,Oakley appear to handle it better.
    Best of the best - As others have said, don’t *F* with your eyes...

Leave a comment:

• Ignatius Reilly
    replied
    These just popped up in an ad: ShadyRays https://shadyrays.com/collections/mens-collection

$79. 100% UV. Polarized. Lotsa tints available. Free shipping.

Their ad got my attention for their lifetime guarantee. Break them, lose them, or even just lie about it and they'll send you a replacement pair. TTBOMK there is a "service fee" when you do it, I don't know how much though.

Anyone tried them?

Leave a comment:

• newy
    replied
    Originally posted by cgasucks View Post

Hey...that's you. Think of this...most of the name brand sunglasses you buy for $100+ at your local Golftown or Sunglass Hut are made in China, probably from the same factory as the knock offs.
    LOL doubtful. Don't mess with your eyes!

Leave a comment:

• cgasucks
    replied
    Originally posted by newy View Post

There's no way I'd use Chinese knock-off anything when it comes to protecting my eyes. They will do more harm than wearing nothing at all as your iris will open and allow more damaging light in than if you were just squinting.
    Hey...that's you. Think of this...most of the name brand sunglasses you buy for $100+ at your local Golftown or Sunglass Hut are made in China, probably from the same factory as the knock offs.

Leave a comment:

• newy
    replied
    Originally posted by cgasucks View Post
    Me personally after wearing brand name sunglasses for a long time, these pandemic times tightened my budget and forced me to look for cheaper alternatives. Surprisingly, you can get a decent set of sunglasses off of a Chinese seller from Ebay for under $50 (at most). I actually got my current pair of sunglasses for under $30. They're Oakley knock offs but they're polarized and photochromic which gives me a lot of value for my dollar. Comfortable too.

Since they're so cheap, I wouldn't freak out as much if I lost or broke them.
    There's no way I'd use Chinese knock-off anything when it comes to protecting my eyes. They will do more harm than wearing nothing at all as your iris will open and allow more damaging light in than if you were just squinting.
    Last edited by newy; Apr 10, 2021, 09:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

• cgasucks
    replied
    Me personally after wearing brand name sunglasses for a long time, these pandemic times tightened my budget and forced me to look for cheaper alternatives. Surprisingly, you can get a decent set of sunglasses off of a Chinese seller from Ebay for under $50 (at most). I actually got my current pair of sunglasses for under $30. They're Oakley knock offs but they're polarized and photochromic which gives me a lot of value for my dollar. Comfortable too.

Since they're so cheap, I wouldn't freak out as much if I lost or broke them.

Leave a comment:

• newy
    replied
    Originally posted by Pingeye2_fan View Post

I think it's possibly this frame with the road lense.

https://www.oakley.com/en-ca/search?text=road%20blades
    Correct. The EVZERO Blades with Road Prizm Lens. Perfect for golf (and driving and biking too!). Very similar tint to the Golf series lenses but I just see things a tiny bit better through them, especially the greens. I love it when you're wearing sunglasses designed so well that you totally forget they're on your face and that's what these are. Pretty hard to fog them up too.

https://www.oakley.com/en-ca/product...t=888392454805

I've had the Prizm Golf and Golf Dark and sold both. If I had to choose between just those two I'd pick the Dark unless you always play first thing in the morning or late twilight. The regular Prizm Golf is pretty useless in full sun as the light transmission is too high.

And for everyday sunglasses, Maui Jim Bronze lenses. Love 'em.

Leave a comment:

• Pingeye2_fan
    replied
    Originally posted by metallica86 View Post

Sorry but what is the Road Blades? I'm in the search for a good sunglasses for golfing this summer, thanks!
    I think it's possibly this frame with the road lense.

https://www.oakley.com/en-ca/search?text=road%20blades

Leave a comment:

• metallica86
    replied

I have. Dark is more useful than regular as regular just doesn't block enough light (your eyes will hurt). Road beats them both for golf. Go figure. I ended up with Road Blades. Search is over.
    Sorry but what is the Road Blades? I'm in the search for a good sunglasses for golfing this summer, thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Pingeye2_fan
    replied

I have. Dark is more useful than regular as regular just doesn't block enough light (your eyes will hurt). Road beats them both for golf. Go figure. I ended up with Road Blades. Search is over.
    Thanks, great info, never considered the road for golf, the two golf lenses look a little too pinkish to me.

So to clarify, you have the Prizm Road Black lense. https://www.oakley.com/en-ca/product...t=888392471680
    Last edited by Pingeye2_fan; Apr 8, 2021, 08:45 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Swingman
    replied
    PM sent.

Leave a comment:

• newy
    replied
    Originally posted by Pingeye2_fan View Post
    Has anyone tried both Oakley lenses prizm golf and prizm dark golf?

Leave a comment:

• Pingeye2_fan
    replied
    Has anyone tried both Oakley lenses prizm golf and prizm dark golf?

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
X