Golf shoes, do we need them?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dmcdam
    replied
    I started wearing spikeless a few years ago and swore by them for comfort. After finishing a couple of rounds this season with pretty sore feet, I've gone back to my soft spiked FJ DNA's. The shoe is much more supportive, and I feel way more stable through the entire swing with the soft spikes.

Leave a comment:

• Rammad
    replied
    I once took in an early morning round in LA when I was visiting there. I hadn't brought my golf clubs or shoes, so just rented a crappy set of used clubs from the golf club. I was wearing my regular running shoes. On the first tee as I swung my drive, I found myself suddenly lying on the ground with my feet up in the air. Most embarrassing, not to speak of, painful experience. Never again have I ventured out on a golf course unless I have proper golf shoes or sandals on.

Leave a comment:

• BIG B3N
    replied
    Not sure if this was mentioned earlier in the thread but as an alternative to getting actual "golf" shoes, I've used screw-in type soft spikes from a company called "Golfkicks" and turned some regular sneakers (that fit me really well) into golf shoes. I too have wide feet and find it hard sometimes to find the right fit.

I also used to collect sneakers once upon a time so going this route helps "re-purpose" some older pairs that are still in great condition. As for durability, I currently have 3 pairs with Golfkicks spikes on them with 2 of the 3 pairs gamed for the past three seasons with only a few lost spikes to note (The box comes with 4-6 spare spikes depending on how many you use per pair). And they're super easy to install as well.

You can order straight from their website (https://golfkicks.com) but you can also find them on US Amazon which is where I got mine.

Hope this helps.

BB

Leave a comment:

• Arthur Dailey
    replied
    Originally posted by nomullies View Post

I took some pics but they were to big. Seemed to be a decent selection of wide at 10.5. I can send you them on regular Gmail. Hit me up at nomullies@gmail.com.
    One pair picked up and ready to go.

Again, thanks very much for the heads up.

Leave a comment:

• nomullies
    replied
    Originally posted by Arthur Dailey View Post

Thanks, again.
    I am going to call them tomorrow.
    I took some pics but they were to big. Seemed to be a decent selection of wide at 10.5. I can send you them on regular Gmail. Hit me up at nomullies@gmail.com.

Leave a comment:

• Bern
    replied
    I grew up playing in steel spikes so my swing was built around my feet staying put! I love Eccos spikeless for walking. I will walk up to 36 a day when I play. Running shoes are comfy, but I have destroyed a pair or two at the range. The uppers tore away from the sole on my left foot, right handed golfer, consequently I stick to golf shoes only and I have way too many pairs.

Leave a comment:

• Arthur Dailey
    replied

I emailed.

A few pairs in 10.5 wide, not extra wide.

White Footjoy Flex
    Black Footjoy Flex
    White Footjoy Flex XP
    Thanks, again.
    I am going to call them tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• nomullies
    replied

In extra wide generally a 10.5.

But please do not go out of your way. If they have a size 10.5 extra wide (or possible wide) then I have to find a way to get to Burlington from the eastern part of the GTA.
    I emailed.

A few pairs in 10.5 wide, not extra wide.

White Footjoy Flex
    Black Footjoy Flex
    White Footjoy Flex XP

Leave a comment:

• Arthur Dailey
    replied

Sorry Arthur besides the extra width what proper shoe size are you?
    In extra wide generally a 10.5.

But please do not go out of your way. If they have a size 10.5 extra wide (or possible wide) then I have to find a way to get to Burlington from the eastern part of the GTA.

Leave a comment:

• nomullies
    replied

Thanks very much.
    Sorry Arthur besides the extra width what proper shoe size are you?

Leave a comment:

• Arthur Dailey
    replied

At Indian Wells but not at all sure they come in wider widths. I will check on Monday and let you know if they have them.
    Thanks very much.

Leave a comment:

• nomullies
    replied

Where?
    Do they come in wide or extra wide?
    At Indian Wells but not at all sure they come in wider widths. I will check on Monday and let you know if they have them.

Leave a comment:

• Arthur Dailey
    replied
    Our club is selling FJ spikeless for $69 that seem super comfortable and look like they can be worn anywhere. No size 11 for me sadly. Not the heavy duty kind but my buddies are raving about the comfort. I bought my first Skechers spikeless last year and also my first Echo Biom spiked. While both are ok I'm still on the search for something more comfortable.
    Where?
    Do they come in wide or extra wide?

Leave a comment:

• nomullies
    replied
    Our club is selling FJ spikeless for $69 that seem super comfortable and look like they can be worn anywhere. No size 11 for me sadly. Not the heavy duty kind but my buddies are raving about the comfort. I bought my first Skechers spikeless last year and also my first Echo Biom spiked. While both are ok I'm still on the search for something more comfortable.

Leave a comment:

• duffer_mcmulligan
    replied
    I picked up two pairs of last year's Ecco Biom shoes at SilverTip golf course three weeks ago. Super comfortable, decent traction. Waterproof, proven in spades yesterday, got them half price. Ecco's fit different tho. So need to try them on. I normally take a 9.5, which these are, but my first pair of Ecco's were size 8 and also fit perfectly.

Look for stores with last years models to try. Mine were reg $270/pr, got them for $135/pr all in. (no PST in Alberta)

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
X