Collapse

Taylor Made Stealth Driver

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bl8d View Post
    A real measure whether a change is a solid advance, this Stealth must be placed in the hands of the hundred "everyman"
    that inhabit any course on any given day.

It is the Everyman that take the shaft that keeps this game afloat.

Instead the company sends their new club release to a trusted low cap YT blogger who shoots an "honest" infomercial for the consumption of a 20cap with an 85mph SS.
    Indeed, how true.
    TXG Custom King Cobra F9 9.5* , Accra FX 140 2.0 M2
    TXG Custom King Cobra F9 14.5*,Accra FX 140 2.0 M3
    TXG Custom Cobra King Ltd. 5-wood 17.5*, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2
    TXG Custom T. Made SIM Max 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2
    TXG Custom Mizuno CLK 23*, Tensei Red CK 60 R
    TXG Custom Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal 6-pw, 1* up, Recoil E460 R + 1/2"
    TXG Custom Mizuno T20, 50/07, 56/10, 60/07, Nippon 950H Neo
    TXG Custom PXG Brandon, 34.5"

Comment

• Originally posted by bl8d View Post
      A real measure whether a change is a solid advance, this Stealth must be placed in the hands of the hundred "everyman"
      that inhabit any course on any given day.

It is the Everyman that take the shaft that keeps this game afloat.

Instead the company sends their new club release to a trusted low cap YT blogger who shoots an "honest" infomercial for the consumption of a 20cap with an 85mph SS.
      Well they need to find some new way to dupe people into spending their money on a new club when they probably don't need one ....so much smoke and mirrors and BS claims used , ..." square heads, triangular heads, 17 more yards , turbulators, twist face ...."

but ya gotta give the marketers credit, they seem to be able to get away with it
      Last edited by Weirfan; Jan 8, 2022, 10:23 AM.

Comment

• Just ordered the Stealth woods. Sure hope they arrive before the season opens.

Comment

• I think it is time golfers take their cue from the computer guys who habitually wait till version 1.1 debuts.
          things change

Comment

• Originally posted by threeputt View Post

I just built one with the Fuji Ventus Velocore and estimated ship date is 13 June 2022.
            Wow - I typically order in the fall for the following season, generally hoping to get a bit of a price break and the excitement has died down somewhat (Well, forget the former as prices seem to rarely go down significantly anymore at the end of the season)...

I ordered my current bag of everything (See my WITB 2022 that I just posted), including SIM2 metals with very much in demand Fujikura Ventus Velocore shafts in January of 2021, and they all arrived just under 2 months later in March.

I remember when I called inquiring of the order status in Feb, the guy at Taylormade said if I would have ordered my stuff just a week later than I did, I would be looking at June delivery!! (Believe the shafts are the biggest issue of course)...

I'm just as tempted as most to order 'Stealth', but honestly I'm hoping later this year the logistics/manufacturing issues associated w/ the pandemic will die down, or worse comes to worse I'll buy 'off the rack' and just switch out the shafts.

I was a touch 'worried' about the carbon face, but early reviews are very promising of course.

These shipping delays are insane!
            Taylormade M1 460 Driver 9.5D (Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 TS) (8.75D)
            Taylormade M1 3 Metal 15.0D (Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 TS) (16.5D)
            Taylormade PSI Irons (KBS C-Taper 105 S) (3-PW)
            Taylormade TP EF Satin Chrome Wedges (KBS Tour Wedge) (52D/56D/60D)
            Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals/Irons)
            Taylormade Spider Tour Black 34" (20G Weights)
            SuperStroke CounterCore Pistol GT 2.0
            Taylormade Supreme Cart Bag
            Clicgear 3.5+ Push Cart
            SkyCaddie TOUCH

Comment

• I pulled the trigger on a Stealth...just stock specs from the TM site.

Comment

• Originally posted by kookie View Post
                I pulled the trigger on a Stealth...just stock specs from the TM site.
                Let the board know your ETA for the Stealth.
                TXG Custom King Cobra F9 9.5* , Accra FX 140 2.0 M2
                TXG Custom King Cobra F9 14.5*,Accra FX 140 2.0 M3
                TXG Custom Cobra King Ltd. 5-wood 17.5*, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2
                TXG Custom T. Made SIM Max 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2
                TXG Custom Mizuno CLK 23*, Tensei Red CK 60 R
                TXG Custom Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal 6-pw, 1* up, Recoil E460 R + 1/2"
                TXG Custom Mizuno T20, 50/07, 56/10, 60/07, Nippon 950H Neo
                TXG Custom PXG Brandon, 34.5"

Comment

• Originally posted by rgk5 View Post

Let the board know your ETA for the Stealth.
                  TaylorMade website states February 4th. I think GT is the same. Any update will post here.

Comment

• It seems MGS took offence with Shiels review of the Stealth.
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ_qXELuTCg

MGS reviewed and critiqued golf products regularly sorting their performance suitability through a broad range of handicappers.
                    It was tor a time their most most interesting and ,sometime ,provocative feature.

Shiels contentious review.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjZi1ICqQzE
                    Last edited by bl8d; Jan 13, 2022, 04:30 PM.
                    things change

Comment

• Mgs said Rick only hit 5-10 shots. In Ricks podcasted he said he hit about 150 balls at the TM even on both trackman and his gc quad , TM blamed cold balls. Then when he got back to his testing centre he hit more shots .

Comment

• I ordered the Stealth driver and the Mizuno ST-Z driver. Once I determine which is the best driver for me I will sell the other one. I think these two are the best drivers on the market today.

Thanks.

Comment

• Hit the Stealth today. Nice driver - sound was slightly muted, but completely fine. The red is not even that red. Just so happened that I felt a little more natural with the TSi3.

At one point I had the Stealth in with an autoflex shaft... wonderful combo - wasn't the day (or lifetime?) to drop 2k on a driver. Maybe I'd start a side hustle or start doing freelance work to pay for the Stealth + Autoflex.

Comment

• Originally posted by prov86 View Post
                            Hit the Stealth today. Nice driver - sound was slightly muted, but completely fine. The red is not even that red. Just so happened that I felt a little more natural with the TSi3.

At one point I had the Stealth in with an autoflex shaft... wonderful combo - wasn't the day (or lifetime?) to drop 2k on a driver. Maybe I'd start a side hustle or start doing freelance work to pay for the Stealth + Autoflex.
                            Where did you hit it?
                            G410 Plus 10.5*
                            G25 4W 16.5*
                            G400 7W 20.5*
                            G400 3H & 4H 19* & 22*
                            G400 5 - UW
                            Glide 3.0 54/14 WS, 58/10 SS
                            SeeMore DB4 Nashville (303 milled)
                            Anser TR 1966

Mr. Ping Hooferlite bag

Comment

• Originally posted by Pingeye2_fan View Post

Where did you hit it?
                              TXG. Had booked a long game fitting back for today back in October (wanted something in early 2022) and inadvertently timed the Stealth release right.

For the record, I am upgrading from a TM r7, so I cannot give an opinion on Stealth v. Sim v. Sim2. You can probably guess that it was better than my r7 though lol. FWIW, fitter said he likes it and is putting it in his bag.

Comment

• Originally posted by prov86 View Post

TXG. Had booked a long game fitting back for today back in October (wanted something in early 2022) and inadvertently timed the Stealth release right.

For the record, I am upgrading from a TM r7, so I cannot give an opinion on Stealth v. Sim v. Sim2. You can probably guess that it was better than my r7 though lol. FWIW, fitter said he likes it and is putting it in his bag.
                                Nice, I have only heard the Stealth on videos, doesn't sound bad to me at all.

I find most drivers sound better outside than in a confined space.
                                G410 Plus 10.5*
                                G25 4W 16.5*
                                G400 7W 20.5*
                                G400 3H & 4H 19* & 22*
                                G400 5 - UW
                                Glide 3.0 54/14 WS, 58/10 SS
                                SeeMore DB4 Nashville (303 milled)
                                Anser TR 1966

Mr. Ping Hooferlite bag

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews