Collapse

Taylor Made Stealth Driver

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lars and the girl View Post
    Like any club, it’s going to be good for some, not for others.
    when I went for a fitting last week, they had one and were talking about it…worked well for 1 fitter, not the other.
    Agreed.

I was at GT yesterday and the boys at my local were talking about the models they received and they were not raving, they were complaining of the sound off the face which I thought strange considering the online reviews speak of it sounding very good, and not outside of your typical titanium sound...

I know they would've let me hit it if I asked but decided against it as I'm desparately trying to not like it LOL!
    TM Qi10 Ruby Red 460 Driver 9.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S)
    TM Stealth 2 Plus 3 Fairway 15.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S)
    TM Stealth 2 Plus 3 Hybrid 19.5D (Fujikura Vista Pro HB 70S)
    TM Stealth Irons (KBS C-Taper Lite 110S) (4-LW) Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals / Irons)
    TM My TP Soto Silver and Black Putters
    * (Custom / KBS CT Tour) - Golf Pride TM Pistol
    TM My Spider Tour X3 Putter* (Custom / KBS Black PVD) - SuperStroke Zenergy Pistol GT 1.0
    TM Supreme Cart Bag (Black / Red)
    TM TP5 Golf Ball
    Clicgear 4.0 Push Cart
    SkyCaddie SX550 GPS
    Bushnell ProX3 Laser Rangefinder

(*Interchangeable to adhere to 14 club rule)

Comment

• Originally posted by Lars and the girl View Post
      Like any club, it’s going to be good for some, not for others.
      when I went for a fitting last week, they had one and were talking about it…worked well for 1 fitter, not the other.
      There's definitely no such thing as a "one size fits all" in golf clubs. I remember going for a driver fitting at MG years ago, convinced I'd come out of there with the latest Titleist offering. After 90 minutes of banging away, there was just no combination of Titleist head / shaft that would work for me. I just flat out couldn't hit any of them. Ended up going TM.
      We may not be good but at least we'll be slow - PB

TM RBZ Tour 10.5 set to 9 deg with Aldila RIP Alpha 70s
      Adams IDEA Super Hybrid XTD 17 deg stiff
      Nike Machspeed 3H 21 deg stiff
      Wilson FG Tour V4 - 4i-GW - DG Pro S300 - TLT build
      Cleveland/TM wedges - 53 / 56 / 60 - all one length
      Cleveland BRZ Classic 1 putter
      Srixon Star XV
      Ogio Grom bag

Comment

• Originally posted by rgk5 View Post

Let the board know your ETA for the Stealth.
        Just got my Stealth driver, standard setup.

If I didn't know it was carbon, I'd think it was titanium just by tapping on the face.

Not a fan of the headcover putting the driver back in seems to take a little bit of work.
        Last edited by kookie; Jan 27, 2022, 08:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by tarrantian View Post

Agreed.

I was at GT yesterday and the boys at my local were talking about the models they received and they were not raving, they were complaining of the sound off the face which I thought strange considering the online reviews speak of it sounding very good, and not outside of your typical titanium sound...

I know they would've let me hit it if I asked but decided against it as I'm desparately trying to not like it LOL!
          Soon as you said GT you lost credibility lol

Comment

• Originally posted by tarrantian View Post

Agreed.

They should know you can't judge sound in a GT hitting bay. Very different outside.

Comment

• Originally posted by dmcdam View Post

There's definitely no such thing as a "one size fits all" in golf clubs. I remember going for a driver fitting at MG years ago, convinced I'd come out of there with the latest Titleist offering. After 90 minutes of banging away, there was just no combination of Titleist head / shaft that would work for me. I just flat out couldn't hit any of them. Ended up going TM.
              when are we going to get you in again for Stealth!!

Comment

• Originally posted by kookie View Post

Just got my Stealth driver, standard setup.

If I didn't know it was carbon, I'd think it was titanium just by tapping on the face.

Not a fan of the headcover putting the driver back in seems to take a little bit of work.
                And that's a reason for not liking an $800 driver? Just buy a cheap headcover (BTW, I never use OEM headcovers, just to easy for someone to identify the club and steal it).

Comment

• Originally posted by rulie View Post

And that's a reason for not liking an $800 driver? Just buy a cheap headcover (BTW, I never use OEM headcovers, just to easy for someone to identify the club and steal it).
                  For now still going to use it but not as easy as the other OEM headcovers. The SIM headcover is super easy to take on off quickly.

That's a good idea about not using OEM headcovers, will have to look into that, Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by ModernGolf View Post

when are we going to get you in again for Stealth!!
                    As soon as this damn pandemic isn't stomping on my bank account I'll be in for a good look at the long clubs in my bag!
                    We may not be good but at least we'll be slow - PB

TM RBZ Tour 10.5 set to 9 deg with Aldila RIP Alpha 70s
                    Adams IDEA Super Hybrid XTD 17 deg stiff
                    Nike Machspeed 3H 21 deg stiff
                    Wilson FG Tour V4 - 4i-GW - DG Pro S300 - TLT build
                    Cleveland/TM wedges - 53 / 56 / 60 - all one length
                    Cleveland BRZ Classic 1 putter
                    Srixon Star XV
                    Ogio Grom bag

Comment

• I have no clue if the club is good or not, but it doesn't seem like longevity is a key characteristic.

Callaway Blayne Standbag:
                      TaylorMade M1 9.5*
                      TaylorMade Burner Superfast 2.0 3w 15*
                      TaylorMade R15 5w 19*
                      TaylorMade RBZ Stage 1 TP 3 Hybrid
                      Taykormade Speesburner 5 Hybrid
                      5-AW TaylorMade RocketBladez
                      Callaway Mack Daddy 2 - 54* and 58*
                      Scott Cameron Newport 2 - Super Stroke 3.0 Slim
                      Srixion Z-Star XV

Comment

• Originally posted by Kessly Snipes View Post
                        I have no clue if the club is good or not, but it doesn't seem like longevity is a key characteristic.

https://www.reddit.com/r/golf/commen...m_source=share
                        Does not surprise me one bit. There is just no way that club is going to be able to withstand the constant impact of people swinging and hitting a golf ball. Plus with people playing in different climates I wonder how it's going to look/feel/sound in the early spring and late fall rounds in Canada. I have a feeling that there will be a lot of manufacturer defects/replacements being done over the course of 12 months. The original M1 had a pretty high return rate with tops popping off

Comment

• I’m sure Taylormade has done their due diligence in testing this before releasing it to the market. Their engineers have likely developed testing protocols to hit thousands of balls in different environmental conditions.

I’m not Taylormade apologist, and obviously there will be instances where there are failures, but that occurs with any product. Unfortunately social media posts often overstate the quantity of failures, as people
                          who are happy with a product typically don’t post that it hasn’t broken. One picture on Reddit doesn’t indicate that the Stealth is doomed to fail.

Comment

• Most don't swing hard enough to damage the face of one of these I don't believe. I don't for sure

Comment

• Originally posted by TheBaconator View Post
                              I’m sure Taylormade has done their due diligence in testing this before releasing it to the market. Their engineers have likely developed testing protocols to hit thousands of balls in different environmental conditions.

I’m not Taylormade apologist, and obviously there will be instances where there are failures, but that occurs with any product. Unfortunately social media posts often overstate the quantity of failures, as people
                              who are happy with a product typically don’t post that it hasn’t broken. One picture on Reddit doesn’t indicate that the Stealth is doomed to fail.
                              No one said doomed to fail, but say it had 1000 swings at the show, there should not be 100+ tee marks in face.

And this come from a huge TM fan. My last 5 drivers and 10 woods have been TM.
                              Callaway Blayne Standbag:
                              TaylorMade M1 9.5*
                              TaylorMade Burner Superfast 2.0 3w 15*
                              TaylorMade R15 5w 19*
                              TaylorMade RBZ Stage 1 TP 3 Hybrid
                              Taykormade Speesburner 5 Hybrid
                              5-AW TaylorMade RocketBladez
                              Callaway Mack Daddy 2 - 54* and 58*
                              Scott Cameron Newport 2 - Super Stroke 3.0 Slim
                              Srixion Z-Star XV

Comment

• Everyone knows what a crazy TM guy I am, and my normal cycle is to buy last year's model and stay a year behind. I actually bought SIM2 'in model year', and my question to myself is do I stick w/SIM2 for this year or purchase Stealth...

My rationale for the 'model year delay' was typically I would get a break on price as the previous year model moves out. SIM2 is STILL $550 at retail, only a couple of hundred less than Stealth, you would think it would be (at least) $300 less as the new model comes on board.

But reluctance is also around the carbon face and perhaps better wait until next year's (Stealth 2?) comes out to be sure?? Also, all the pundits really seem to not be seeing Stealth have any 'material' advantage over SIM2...

I didn't love the look of 'SIM', but SIM2 is more pleasing to the eye, and although I LOVE the look of Stealth, I'm still on the fence.

Ask me in a couple of months LOL!!
                                TM Qi10 Ruby Red 460 Driver 9.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S)
                                TM Stealth 2 Plus 3 Fairway 15.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S)
                                TM Stealth 2 Plus 3 Hybrid 19.5D (Fujikura Vista Pro HB 70S)
                                TM Stealth Irons (KBS C-Taper Lite 110S) (4-LW) Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals / Irons)
                                TM My TP Soto Silver and Black Putters
                                * (Custom / KBS CT Tour) - Golf Pride TM Pistol
                                TM My Spider Tour X3 Putter* (Custom / KBS Black PVD) - SuperStroke Zenergy Pistol GT 1.0
                                TM Supreme Cart Bag (Black / Red)
                                TM TP5 Golf Ball
                                Clicgear 4.0 Push Cart
                                SkyCaddie SX550 GPS
                                Bushnell ProX3 Laser Rangefinder

(*Interchangeable to adhere to 14 club rule)

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X