Collapse

TXG Sold?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by High cut View Post

This might just be one of the harder businesses to please everyone.

Pretty easy to please someone that has never been fit (easy big gains) and not too hard to please someone who really knows their game and has a very consistent swing (easier to fit, realistic expectations).

Much harder for the majority of us in between. I know I have left multiple fittings upset, or at least unhappy (not at TXG).

The reason was usually because I didn't like my swing that day and therefore I didn't like the results of the fitting. I knew going in what I was trying to achieve but if my swing is off it is impossible for the fitter to get me there. All they can do is fit to the swing they see, but if it is non standard for how you usually play then the fitting won't help you.... and there is nothing the best fitter can do to change that. All they can really do is have you come back another day.

The best fitting I ever had was at Modern before TXG opened. The reason it was the best was it was a winter I was working with Nick Starchuk every week so my swing was pretty solid, even better than that Nick actually came to the fitting and was part of the entire process! He didn't get in the fitters way but was a huge resource for the fitter when he need to know more about my tendencies and where we were trying to take my swing and game.

It blew me away that Nick suggested and did that, if you are working with a coach I can't recommend strongly enough having them at your fitting.
    I get that as well and fittings are weird especially if you're not swinging well and honestly how many people are practicing their swing often? Not many unless you have the time/resources. I've always brought up my issues with driver fittings, it's not the fitters it's me. I've fit everything else great even when my swing has been meh but it's been a good fit because I'm more comfortable with that club that my previous, could I have gotten a better fit with something else? Sure but I just didn't have practice time.

My first fitting I was probably a 30+ handicap, most would say get lessons but I couldn't hit the ball, it was because I had improperly spec'd clubs mainly short and flat irons and wedges. So got fit for irons, my woods fitting that first time was uh bad lol but TXG didn't force a driver or wood in my hands that fitting, we got some potential setups but they said come back. Second fitting was wedges and driver again had a great wedge fitting and they've lasted until and the driver was again meh but better we tested the best setup from the first fitting and a stock Ping G410 and my driver, the stock G410 was the best so I bought that with a stock shaft.

Third fitting was woods did my hybrid, 3W and driver, had an amazing fitting with the hybrid and 3W but once I got to the driver I couldn't hit it, I know why now and have worked on that but that's 3x a fitter could have put a $300+ shaft in my driver and said "yeah this will work" but they didn't because their integrity was too high they said I could if I wanted to but better to spend it on lessons. I got a few but Covid threw a wrench into that but I've worked on my swing and after a "self fit" for a driver shaft during the original lock down the driver became one of my stronger points for a 15 cap.

I've booked my 4th fitting for a driver (just shave) at the end of March and new wedges, this gives me some time to get into the simulators, practice, feel out my swing and get some decent numbers. If I get stage fright again I'll stick to what I have and invest in a shrink or lessons but if I get some actual results I'll be more than happy to drop the price of what a shaft costs because TXG could have easily sold me an ill fit shaft 3 other times but didn't.
    In The Bag

9 Ping G410 Plus - Tour 65S - Draw
    13.5 Ping G410 LST - Aldila NV 2KXV Green 75X
    19 Ping G410 - Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX
    Srixon Z585/785 - AMT Tour White S300
    MD3 51 - Glide Stealth 2.0 56 - PM Grind 60
    TP Mills Handmade - Lajsoi Sensor - KB Golf 9306 & more
    TP5-X
    Ping Pioneer

Comment

• Originally posted by smc66 View Post

There are lots of youtube monetization calculators out there. Most give a wildly wide range between the low-end and high-end, because there are so many factors in play.

Using this one as an example: https://socialblade.com/youtube/yout...ney-calculator
      • Rick Shiels: $457,920 / year (highest estimate)
      • TXG: $48,960 / year (highest estimate)

$50k / year is not a lot, after you split it two ways, and account for the hours involved. And it's not "passive" income - loads of work every week producing new content. A nice side-gig for sure, but expanding the retail stores is a better long-term play imo.
      This calculator only factors in daily views and ad CPM (cost per impression) - and as you mention the ranges are wild.

No argument here, but I would hedge much higher than the numbers quoted simply based on total content, engagement, external links (WRX etc.) and of course subscribers (loyal following/viewership)
      Wouldn't surprise me if they both made comfortable annual salaries off the channel

Comment

• Originally posted by BorLorBao View Post

Thanks, there's nothing in there about the majority owner though. My thoughts is that this deal was the best way for him to exit, best for all parties
        True and I do not think we will ever know who that is. I consider it irrelevant in the long term. Of more relevance is how TXG will evolve over the next few years.
        TXG Custom King Cobra F9 9.5* , Accra FX 140 2.0 M2
        TXG Custom King Cobra F9 14.5*,Accra FX 140 2.0 M3
        TXG Custom Cobra King Ltd. 5-wood 17.5*, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2
        TXG Custom T. Made SIM Max 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2
        TXG Custom Mizuno CLK 23*, Tensei Red CK 60 R
        TXG Custom Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal 6-pw, 1* up, Recoil E460 R + 1/2"
        TXG Custom Mizuno T20, 50/07, 56/10, 60/07, Nippon 950H Neo
        TXG Custom PXG Brandon, 34.5"

Comment

• Originally posted by rgk5 View Post

True and I do not think we will ever know who that is. I consider it irrelevant in the long term. Of more relevance is how TXG will evolve over the next few years.
          This. Clearly any other partners were of the "silent" variety from the get-go, and were happy to let Ian be the face of TXG. Their identity is irrelevant.
          We may not be good but at least we'll be slow - PB

TM RBZ Tour 10.5 set to 9 deg with Aldila RIP Alpha 70s
          Adams IDEA Super Hybrid XTD 17 deg stiff
          Nike Machspeed 3H 21 deg stiff
          Wilson FG Tour V4 - 4i-GW - DG Pro S300 - TLT build
          Cleveland/TM wedges - 53 / 56 / 60 - all one length
          Cleveland BRZ Classic 1 putter
          Srixon Star XV
          Ogio Grom bag

Comment

• Originally posted by BorLorBao View Post

Thanks, there's nothing in there about the majority owner though. My thoughts is that this deal was the best way for him to exit, best for all parties
            You could also make the argument that they didn't want to put any more money to expand during a time when expansion and supply chain issues were seen worldwide. If they stayed in as silent partners, the merger/buyout of TXG may still see them as partners and they now got part of that buyout money with the chance to contribute further or remain on as they are and keep generating their contribution's worth of revenue. Think about it in terms of stocks, which is basically what an investor of a private company is. If I buy 100 shares of stock ABC 8 years ago and held onto them, and then Apple comes along and buys out/merges with this company for their tech and the share price doubles overnight, I have the option of selling my stake and walking away, or the option of holding on indefinitely. If it is a true buyout, I am often given shares, while less-so, of the parent company. So if ABC is worth $50, and Apple worth $150, I might get my shares cut in 3 but I now make $100 on each one of my shares of Apple that I "bought" at $50. It depends on the company and the deal, but each of these are possibilities and the same would occur in the private sphere. So maybe Mr. MoneyBags now doesn't own 10% of TXG, but they own say 1%, but they now get a cut from CC as well as long as they stay on.

Depending on the nature of the deal it might not always be best just to walk away.
            Taylormade SIM
            Cobra Speedzone Tour Big 12*
            Ping G425 Fairway 16.5* and 22*
            Callaway Apex Pro 2021 26*
            Cobra RadSpeed OneLength 7-AW
            Vokey SM8 52/55/59
            Bettinardi Prototype

Comment

• Originally posted by MattM97 View Post
              My first fitting I was probably a 30+ handicap, I got a few but Covid threw a wrench into that but I've worked on my swing and after a "self fit" for a driver shaft during the original lock down the driver became one of my stronger points for a 15 cap.
              Based on this post and all your other posts....I think you have only taken serious to golf in the past 5 years???...a relatively short time frame.
              BUT
              It seems like you became a CLUB/PUTTER HO at the get go.
              Seems like in the few years you've been HO'ing like a GOLF HO who has been reincarnated 10 times over.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr22putt View Post
                Based on this post and all your other posts....I think you have only taken serious to golf in the past 5 years???...a relatively short time frame.
                BUT
                It seems like you became a CLUB/PUTTER HO at the get go.
                Seems like in the few years you've been HO'ing like a GOLF HO who has been reincarnated 10 times over.
                Yes I picked up golf again in late 2018, built a cheap bag with what I could find in the bargain bins to get started. Then found out custom fitting was a thing and as a guy that isn't built for normal anything I know how important custom fitting can be so I did that process. I couldn't afford a full bag in 1 go so I did irons first since that was my weak point, wedges cause scoring club, then woods and despite being a putter ho finally a putter fitting. I still have all my gear from my first fittings, wedges are just because mine are worn out and the rest will stay for a while. I don't quite club ho cause once I'm fit I'm fit unless I make drastic changes to my body/swing. I am a major putter ho, won't deny that probably what I'm best known for on other forums and social media.

When I get into a hobby I go deep I just enjoy a lot about golf despite my so-so abilities at the moment. But that's the great thing it's a constant battle which I enjoy.
                In The Bag

TP5-X
                Ping Pioneer

Comment

1) I don't quite club ho cause once I'm fit I'm fit

2) I am a major putter ho, won't deny that probably what I'm best known for on other forums and social media.
                  1) Ok....I got you confused with BallerNate....lol.

2) Yes...for sure you are a PUTTER HO.

Comment

• So how many putters do you have to own to be labelled a Putter Ho?

Comment

• TXG is the best! This is not good news!

Comment

• Originally posted by ginrin View Post
                        So how many putters do you have to own to be labelled a Putter Ho?
                        Depends honestly there are guys with way more than me. I ordered 5 customs in 2021, bought a few others here, on ebay and other forums but I also sold like 10-12 putters.

I've definitely moved a few grand in putters last year. That's a new full bag easily fit by Ian.
                        In The Bag

TP5-X
                        Ping Pioneer

Comment

1) Ok....I got you confused with BallerNate....lol.

2) Yes...for sure you are a PUTTER HO.
                          Nate with clubs is like me with putters. If he was a lefty or I was a righty I'd have some easy sales with him
                          In The Bag

TP5-X
                          Ping Pioneer

Comment

Nate with clubs is like me with putters. If he was a lefty or I was a righty I'd have some easy sales with him
                            Have you golfed with Nate?

I can't seem to knock my dad's 1970 Ping Anser out of the bag.
                            The most I've paid for a putter was a mint used Cleveland Huntington Beach 1 putter in Jan 2020 for $55 from Golf Avenue...I like it....but the Anser continues to win over.
                            I've bought a few putters to try out from Craigslist over the years from $15-$40 on Craigslist (pre-Covid) and sold them all for more.
                            I have a $25 & $30 knockoff putters in the garage....I bought them 20 years ago....Superstore and Sportchek...lol.

My current bag is $650.....and 43% is from a used Ping G410 for $280 in Sept....lol.

Comment

Have you golfed with Nate?

I can't seem to knock my dad's 1970 Ping Anser out of the bag.
                              The most I've paid for a putter was a mint used Cleveland Huntington Beach 1 putter in Jan 2020 for $55 from Golf Avenue...I like it....but the Anser continues to win over.
                              I've bought a few putters to try out from Craigslist over the years from $15-$40 on Craigslist (pre-Covid) and sold them all for more.
                              I have a $25 & $30 knockoff putters in the garage....I bought them 20 years ago....Superstore and Sportchek...lol.

My current bag is $650.....and 43% is from a used Ping G410 for $280 in Sept....lol.
                              We did once last year and to keep it TXG related Nate was talking about his struggles finding a driver due to his height and I said TXG definitely has to have something on their shaft wall to fit him. He went did a fitting and got a new setup and said he was much happier and confident with that so shows TXG can fit anyone large or small.
                              In The Bag

TP5-X
                              Ping Pioneer

Comment

We did once last year and to keep it TXG related Nate was talking about his struggles finding a driver due to his height and I said TXG definitely has to have something on their shaft wall to fit him. He went did a fitting and got a new setup and said he was much happier and confident with that so shows TXG can fit anyone large or small.
                                Ya...Nate is 6'10"...that's crazy.
                                Where did you play?
                                What courses do you normally play?

Westview was my go to course when I used to live in TO.

Oh ya...nice snow storm.
                                We had snow from Xmas to Jan 12....it's all gone now and back to golfing.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X