Collapse

Alphard E Wheels V2

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alphard E Wheels V2

I recently purchased one of these to attach to my cart.

First impressions…

While pushing a cart isn’t that hard, I do find that sometimes I’m a little winded going up hills. The E Wheels allows me to just have a leisurely walk.

After a few holes I realized that it wasn’t necessary to go back to my bag upon exiting the green. I could just make the cart meet me at the tee.

It’s easy to set up — the cart just drops onto the axle and gets locked in. I’d like to find a bin to keep it in so that it doesn’t roll around in the back of my truck.

Controlling it is easy. The 3rd or 4th speed setting worked well for my pace. Turning is easy (I have a fixed front wheel).

I could see how the remote could be misplaced. I’m keeping mine in my bag when done playing.

The only possible negative I’ve seen so far is that the rubber cover on the remote for the USB cover could easily be broken off. It just doesn’t snap in securely (like many devices who have rubber USB covers).

I've been thinking of getting one as well. Where'd you get it and how much did you pay? Do you use it on a Clicgear?
    Proud member of the Prune Juice Army.

Comment

Originally posted by luv2kruz View Post
      I've been thinking of getting one as well. Where'd you get it and how much did you pay? Do you use it on a Clicgear?
      Niagara Golf Warehouse. $1100. Definitely not cheap! And yes, on a 3.0 Clicgear.

I found one or two other places online in Canada that had them in stock but chose NGW just because they were closer.

Comment

Yes, they are not cheap, but if you get a package with eWheels and cart, it can be cheaper than buying one of the other carts. Powacaddy used to be cheap, and had the benefit of using a car battery, but you can easily spend $1500 or more just for a non-remote controlled cart.

We store ours at the club, so only take the battery and remote home to charge. So far we have not used more than 2 lights for 18 holes I had a V1, and it would drop the first 3 lights very quickly and then stay on 2 until the round was almost done and then 1 light. Not sure if the battery life is better on the V2 or that I am now using a Rovic with a pivoting front wheel instead of a Sun Mountain. The V2 also has a finer speed setting so you can get it just right. The v1 was either too fast or just a tad too slow. Using a rechargeable remote is also a bonus.
        When we were transporting it, I found setting it upright on the wheel and using a bungee cord to secure it in the trunk of our SUV.

The only downside is that is a crowd sourced product, so it is not like there is a continuous production line always churning them out. They all sell when they are made. There are quite a few in use at my club.

Comment

There were four of them at GT, Laird location, not sure for which cart though.

Comment

I have posted a few times about the V2 on here and I have not used any other powered cart other than the ewheels. I have had mine since July of 2020 (was and early backer) and I have nothing but good things to say about it. I have a rovic with the swivel front wheel and it is ridiculously maneuverable. The clicgear stuff comes with so many pieces you can buy from coolers and seats to various cupholders etc...

I also have the TFS which I do really like as I can use it while walking down the fairway and grab the remote of my pocket when I get to the green to send it on its way.

I would say the wheelie bars are pretty important depending on your cart and the course you normally play at. As far as being crowdsourced this true however the customer service is excellent.

The only downside I had was I just had a recent battery issue where I am only getting 17 holes out of the battery on a very hilly course, so I have had to purchase a new battery. This battery has had no problems handling 18 holes with plenty of juice left until recently. I only have about 100ish rounds on it so that is a little disappointing as many early backers are running their original batter without issue.

Comment

I'm about 7-8 rounds in now using with a Rovic and have no significant complaints. I crashed it into a bunker my first round, but other than that it has been smooth sailing.

Definitely see the appeal now that I have one, a round of golf is like going for a walk. I am much less fatigued at the end of the round. Have also had questions about them from several playing partners, so there is definitely a good amount of interest in them.
              10 degree Cobra Fly-Z+ / Matrix White Tie 55X4
              16 degree Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815 / Fujikura Speeder 865
              20 degree Ping Rapture V2 Hybrid / MR JavlinFX
              4-AW Nike Vapor Pro Combo / DG Pro

54, 58 degree Ping Glide / CFS
              Ping Anser Redwood

Srixon ZStar XV

Comment

Does the ewheels follow you or do you have to control it all the time with the remote? I saw one video with a wire teather that you connect to a magnet on your belt, but think that's kind of stupid.
                Proud member of the Prune Juice Army.

Comment

We use the large IKEA blue bag. https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/p/frakta-...blue-90149148/

Some have suggested this item will work: https://www.costcobusinesscentre.ca/...100331795.html

Check out the V2 VIP page on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2978965878995688

Comment

Does the ewheels follow you or do you have to control it all the time with the remote? I saw one video with a wire teather that you connect to a magnet on your belt, but think that's kind of stupid.
                    I don’t have the tether.

You just use the remote to make it go where you want it to. Press forward multiple times to increase the speed, left or right to turn and stop to suddenly stop.

Whenever their “follow me” feature/adapter comes out I may consider buying it.

Comment

Remote controlled, but once you are familiar with the operation of the cart it quickly becomes second nature.

They are working on a proper follow me function that does not involve the tether, but no release date has been announced.

Ping Anser Redwood

Srixon ZStar XV

Comment

I have one for sale

I have the Alphard eWheels V2 for sale if you are interested. Used for maybe 4 rounds last summer. Comes with remote, charger and wheelie bar. Compatible with ClicGears. Sold out in stores retails for $1,099.95 + tax = $1,242.94. Thinking of selling it since I got another baby on the way. Let me know. Cheers Price SOLD
                        Titleist 917 D3 - Fujikura Speeder Pro TS 74
                        Taylormade R15 TP 3 Wood
                        Titleist 714 MB - Project X
                        Nike Method 001 Putter
                        Titleist Prov1-X

Comment

Originally posted by Clipless View Post
                          I have posted a few times about the V2 on here and I have not used any other powered cart other than the ewheels. I have had mine since July of 2020 (was and early backer) and I have nothing but good things to say about it. I have a rovic with the swivel front wheel and it is ridiculously maneuverable. The clicgear stuff comes with so many pieces you can buy from coolers and seats to various cupholders etc...

Yeah the Clicgear attachments are numerous. We got the extra large cup holder, shoe cleaner, divot bottle and the seat for SWMBO when I ordered our new ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Section ThirtyOne View Post

Remote controlled, but once you are familiar with the operation of the cart it quickly becomes second nature.

They are working on a proper follow me function that does not involve the tether, but no release date has been announced.
                            I always looked at the tether follow on as something that could only get me into trouble, like forgetting it was clipped on and walking onto the green, or going over a bridge and having the unit miss the entry and going into a creek and pulling me over the railing into the water as well.

Comment

Originally posted by wlorcb View Post

I always looked at the tether follow on as something that could only get me into trouble, like forgetting it was clipped on and walking onto the green, or going over a bridge and having the unit miss the entry and going into a creek and pulling me over the railing into the water as well.
                              My concerns as well.

A friend has the loaded up Stewart power cart with the follow feature. He states that there isn't really any concern with the follow feature as it more or less tracks your path step by step. However, i've seen that cart get into some tricky situations. Thankfully no dunks in the water or anything super serious.

Ping Anser Redwood

Srixon ZStar XV

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays