Collapse

Golftown Trade-in Values - not good wow

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golftown Trade-in Values - not good wow

So - I have taken advantage of Golftown trade-ins over the years - when I'm twitchy about my gear ( who me ? ). The best time is definitely when there is a 50% more added to your trade-in - which they do a few times of year. Makes it worth the effort vs selling privately / bst here. I took an iron set in today to asses whether it was worth a trade. Absolutely about 33% of what they should have been ( vs US trade-in + Can exchange ). Manager expressed that he saw prices were drastically down in the last couple of weeks. Me thinks GT trade-in is dead !!. Good luck GT.

I just traded in my Titleist irons at GT, got 40% lower than the TaylorMade trade-in site.

Comment

Originally posted by DrJekyll View Post
      So - I have taken advantage of Golftown trade-ins over the years - when I'm twitchy about my gear ( who me ? ). The best time is definitely when there is a 50% more added to your trade-in - which they do a few times of year. Makes it worth the effort vs selling privately / bst here. I took an iron set in today to asses whether it was worth a trade. Absolutely about 33% of what they should have been ( vs US trade-in + Can exchange ). Manager expressed that he saw prices were drastically down in the last couple of weeks. Me thinks GT trade-in is dead !!. Good luck GT.
      Nothing to do with GT. It’s their partner that takes the trades from them. Golf Avenue direct trade in values are less than half what they were at the beginning of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Sophos View Post

Nothing to do with GT. It’s their partner that takes the trades from them. Golf Avenue direct trade in values are less than half what they were at the beginning of the season.
        I think we all get that. Yes - corporate decision to only accept their one and only used trade partner- which sets the valuation.

I remember when Golftown used to have staff that could asses and make trades live - but that showing my age.

Comment

Originally posted by Sophos View Post

Correct and with Covid over, the used market is on life support.
          In the Hamilton Golf + CC Embroidered Ping Hoofer

Club Champion Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 A Flex​​
          Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, KuroKage 606 S
          TXG Custom T. Made SIM Max 21* 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2
          TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R

TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-Pw, 1* up, Recoil ESX 460 R
          PXG 0211 GW, 50*, UST Recoil Dart R
          TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115

Ping Glide 4.0, 58* TS/6, Nippon 115 S
          Tour Velvet Midsize Grips, Custom TXG Signature Putter Grip
          TXG Custom King Cobra Nova, 25 gram weights, KBS CT Tour Shaft

Comment

On the Golf Town website, it states the following. "We're confident that our trade-in values are the most competitive in the marketplace. But should you find a better offer just let us know -we'll match it!" So what's the deal vs the Global Golf or PGA Value Guide trade-in values which, as stated above, are much better than Golf99/GolfAvenue? Either the price match claim or 50% trade is BS.

Comment

Originally posted by cheech View Post
              On the Golf Town website, it states the following. "We're confident that our trade-in values are the most competitive in the marketplace. But should you find a better offer just let us know -we'll match it!" So what's the deal vs the Global Golf or PGA Value Guide trade-in values which, as stated above, are much better than Golf99/GolfAvenue? Either the price match claim or 50% trade is BS.
              I agree - BS. And - as stated above - trade-in is on life support. I have to wonder if this hurts Golftown sales. I know they missed my trade / purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by rgk5 View Post

Correct and with Covid over, the used market is on life support.
                Exactly, the market is way down... try selling things on ebay or kijiji. The majority of people did all their buying in 2020 and 2021.

Comment

Originally posted by cheech View Post
                  PGA Value Guide is better? OMG it's brutal to begin with.

Comment

PGA Value Guide is in US$. Take a Stealth driver. They will give you $194 USD cash, around $265 CAD. Global Golf Canada trade-in for Stealth is $307 CAD. Golf Town's trade value is $185 CAD.
                    Last edited by cheech; Sep 25, 2022, 08:07 PM.

Comment

I bought a titleist ts2 hybrid to try with the 60 days return policy for $209. Did the trade in for the same club to see the trade in price. $35 is their trading number for the same club they sold me for $209. Hilarious really. Will be returning the club soon. Like it but will get it at some point this winter at a more reasonable price.

Comment

I should be clear that I have not tested the Golf Town claim that "We're confident that our trade-in values are the most competitive in the marketplace. But should you find a better offer just let us know -we'll match it!". If someone does, please let me know if successful or what the GT response is. Hopefully, all of this will help get TGN members a better deal at GT.

Comment

Global golf vs Golf Avenue (aka golftown trade in event values). Trade-in event should be renamed, steal from you event.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	1145
Size:	122.3 KB
ID:	3593340Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	1110
Size:	126.3 KB
ID:	3593341​​

Comment

2021 T100 4-PW was $800 + 50% bonus for $1200 at their last trade in event which wrapped up end of July I believe. Hard to imagine.

I always thought they had their own trade in site golftownpreowned which has been taken down.

Comment

Golf Avenue lists a used 8 club set of T100s in very good condition for sale at $1264, and that's the 2020 model, not bigwilly's 2021. A 7 club set of 2021's, if they had, are listed at $1351. Damn nice profit for Golf Avenue after they take your trade at $430, assuming the 50% bonus is being supported by the OEM's and not GA. This whole thing reflects poorly on Golf Town who claim their trade-in values are competitive. Senior management at GT needs to wake up.
                              Last edited by cheech; Sep 27, 2022, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X