Collapse

Iomic grips

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iomic grips

Anyone using iomic grips? Do they last 2x or more compared to other brands.

Do any stores in GTA actually stock them or just online/international orders. I read you have to watch for fakes too.

I have Iomic Sticky Camo on my woods... also their Putter Grip. I don't have the impression that they last longer, but I really like the feel.

Got them from Marcus at McMahon. I'm not sure if they have their store situation sorted out yet (they used to be in the dome but got their store destroyed when the dome went down). I can't find his number but you can get them at info@mcmahongolf.com​.

Comment

Been using them since they came to market. Putters, everything. Not inexpensive but tremendous value.
      Either my things were ordered with them or l've ordered them via ebay.
      Last edited by The Rifleman; Dec 27, 2022, 06:10 PM. Reason: I use the Stickys on woods and irons and wedges,one wipe with soapy water and white grips are white and sticky.

Comment

If you want a real laugh, 13 Iomic grips sell on Amazon for anywhere from $376 to $534! That’s ridiculous.
        This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

Doghouse golf in Barrie stocks em

Comment

I found them to last about X2 more to justify the price. Although that was pre pandemic and you still had to clean them every now and then. Model of choice was sticky 2.3 with some extra tape in the lower hand since I prefer less taper.

I moved on to lamkin sonar plus when they first came out and still play them today. They are designed with less taper which means I don’t need the extra tape during the regrip process. I also like the fingerprint tech. They are very durable as well (+150 rounds over the last two seasons). I clean them 2-3 times a season.

Ping G410 Plus 9*/Accra TZ5
            Ping 2014 Rapture 13*/Accra TZ6
            Ping G410 17.5*/Accra TZ X275
            Srixon Z565 3&4, Z765 5-P/Accra iCWT 95
            Ping Glide Stealth 50SS+54ES/Accra Tour 100i
            Evnroll ER2B 34”/370g
            MGI Zip Navigator AT/Sun Mountain Teton

Comment

Originally posted by Swingman View Post
              I found them to last about X2 more to justify the price. Although that was pre pandemic and you still had to clean them every now and then. Model of choice was sticky 2.3 with some extra tape in the lower hand since I prefer less taper.

I moved on to lamkin sonar plus when they first came out and still play them today. They are designed with less taper which means I don’t need the extra tape during the regrip process. I also like the fingerprint tech. They are very durable as well (+150 rounds over the last two seasons). I clean them 2-3 times a season.

hmmm I'll keep that in mind for the taper. I do want to have reduced or no taper

Geeve1008 mikep

thanks for the referral, I sent messages today asking if they have the sticky 2.3 or x evolution 2.6 in Navy blue to McMahon and Doghouse (had never heard of them up in Barrie)

Comment

I'd say they wear similar like the golf pride tour velvets. I like the colour options, they feel more tacky to me.
                WITB:
                Driver: Taylormade M3 10.5 deg - Project X Evenflow 6.0 65g
                3 Wood: Taylormade M2 15 deg - Motore Speeder VC 7.2
                Hybrid: TBD
                Irons: Srixon 585 5-PW - Nippon GH 980S
                Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM6 - 50-56-60
                Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab #3, 33"

Comment

I've used Iomic Sticky grips since 2011, they will last about 100 rounds for your irons, woods, etc. The only grip I've replaced soone was my wedge grips as I used to practice a quite a bit. Funny enough, I just finished cleaning my current set, a bucket of warm water, dish soap, toothbrush and a towel. if they lose there "tack" just give them a good clean and back to new. Well worth the investment in my mind, I ordered my current set from Iomic USA, not the cheapest route but the best selection of colours/options.

Comment

I’ll stick to my CP2 ( yes I’ve had Iomic in the past ) as the CP2 are cheap enough at full price, often go on sale at 40% off, are a stock grip option for certain OEM clubs, excellent tackiness and comfort, easy cleanup, and last forever. I do like the unique colour options of the Iomic. Whatever makes one happy
                    Last edited by ARL67; Dec 29, 2022, 03:30 PM.
                    🍍 2023 WITB 🍍​
                    Bag | Titleist Hybrid-5 Stand Bag
                    Titleist TSi2 10* | Miyazaki Kusala Black 61x or UST LIN-Q White M40X 6F3
                    Titleist TSR1 20* & 26* Hybrid | Evenflow White 90S
                    Edel SMS Pro 5-PW | Steelfiber i110cw-S
                    Edel SMS GW & LW | Steelfiber i110cw-S

Putter | Mizuno OMOI-03 Nickel Finish, stock grip
                    Grips | All Clubs With CP2 Wrap Jumbo

Comment

Originally posted by mikep View Post
                      I have Iomic Sticky Camo on my woods... also their Putter Grip. I don't have the impression that they last longer, but I really like the feel.

Got them from Marcus at McMahon. I'm not sure if they have their store situation sorted out yet (they used to be in the dome but got their store destroyed when the dome went down). I can't find his number but you can get them at info@mcmahongolf.com​.
                      The Markham Golf Dome went down? I thought that was the Metro Golf Dome?

Comment

Yes to both... Metro was a few years ago... can't remember exactly. Markham went down last winter. The official word was renovations... I am not sure .. It was backed up for this summer but when it went back up where the McMahon store used to be, is empty. I have not been back at the dome since late summer so don't know the current status of McMahon.

Comment

It was an amazing sight so I took a video

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	472.7 KB ID:	3621005
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	634.1 KB ID:	3621006

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	567.8 KB ID:	3621007​​
                          Attached Files

Comment

And... I just got an update from a friend at Greenfield re McMahon.... You can make arrangements with Marcus and Gordie re your clubs, and use Greenfield as a drop off or pick up point. They are also using the sims at Greenfield to do fittings.

Comment

Thanks. Don't know how I missed that!!!

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X