/*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked BEGIN*/ /*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked END*/
Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

The Scotty was too long!

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Scotty was too long!

So, I got my g/f a customized putter in this thread:

http://www.torontogolfnuts.com/showthread.php?t=8141&

Turns out, I omitted a minor fact which turned out to be a major mistake. Well, she's about 5' 4" and totally forgot to cut it down when it was restored. Now, it's easy to say...why not just cut it down? Well, it's too painful to cut off the grip when you see it going for this on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/1-RARE-Scotty-Ca...QQcmdZViewItem

So, anyways, what's a guy to do? Send in another of course and not forget all those "minor" details. Here is the end result:

What do you guys/girls think?

Re: The Scotty was too long!

when she plays it, just remind her that shes not standing upright enough

Comment

but still, its a sweet looking putter. If I were her, I'd never play it, it would be hanging on a wall somewhere with the headcover beside it.
      Simar
      Be the change you want to see in the world. -- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

Comment

That looks great, WB. Some big time brownie points, I'm sure...
        Albert

Oh yeah, sticks:
        driver - TM 510 TP
        3 wood - TaylorMade V-steel with some purple shaft
        3-pw - Mizuno MP-37
        52* - Nike SV
        56* - Cleveland 588
        putter - Yes! Emma
        home course - somewhere near London... maybe...
        website - www.akrus.ca

Comment

Makes me wish I was WB g/f!!

Comment

Sweet Ride !!

Nicest putter I've ever seen

Comment

Any chance you selling it Ted?

I am pretty confident in slipping off that grip for you. so you can adjust the length and put it back without damage to the grip.

PM me, no charge for you

Henry

Originally posted by westbeach

Turns out, I omitted a minor fact which turned out to be a major mistake. Well, she's about 5' 4" and totally forgot to cut it down when it was restored. Now, it's easy to say...why not just cut it down? Well, it's too painful to cut off the grip when you see it going for this on ebay:

So, anyways, what's a guy to do? Send in another of course and not forget all those "minor" details. Here is the end result:
              Practice is about anticipation not change.

Comment

What do you guys/girls think?
                Hi westbeach

Saving the grip for reuse and shortening the putter is a simple operation, so I would definitly take Henry up on his free offer. The only thing that will not look 'standard' is the SC shaft band will now be closer to the grip or partially covered by the grip depending on how many inches the putter shaft needs shortened.
                Adams XTD Ti 12.5* / TightLies 2 Ti / Super 9031 Tour / Ping WRX i20 Irons
                Ping WRX Tour Gorge / YES Natalie Putter B-CG / Leupold GX-4 Rangefinder
                Personal Best: 79, hoping for another sub 80 round before the Twilight Zone

Comment

Just curious...is this using the air compressor method? I'm worried about the seams on the wrap coming apart.

Comment

Just curious...is this using the air compressor method? I'm worried about the seams on the wrap coming apart.
                    The air compressor method on these grips can be risky, but if Henry is being recommended by Harry then I'd say you are safe.

Pulling these Scotty grips using the old method isn't that difficult, it just takes so damn long as you really have to be careful.

Comment

That is one beeeeeeeeeautiful putter. You better hope she doesn't start scoring less puts than you per round.
                      KaM's 2007 Play Bag
                      2 x Nakashima NP-1 420cc 10 - Speeder 757/NV-65s
                      Nakashima NP-1 3-Wood 15 - Speeder 661
                      Nakashima NP-1 5-Wood 19 - TBD
                      Nickent 3DX Genex 3/4
                      TaylorMade Rescue Dual 2/3/4
                      Nakashima NX-1 Irons 3 - PW
                      Titleist Vokey 250.08 Gap Wedge (49*)
                      Titleist Vokey 252.08 Gap Wedge
                      Titleist Vokey SM54.10 Sand Wedge
                      Titleist Vokey SM56.10 Sand Wedge
                      Titleist Vokey SM58.08 Lob Wedge (59*)
                      Titleist Vokey SM60.08 Lob Wedge
                      Feel Golf 73* Wedge
                      Odyssey White Hot XG #6
                      Titleist NXT Tour

Comment

Originally posted by kontesto
                        That is one beeeeeeeeeautiful putter. You better hope she doesn't start scoring less puts than you per round.
                        she already does without this putter...

Comment

Originally posted by racmbs
                          The air compressor method on these grips can be risky, but if Henry is being recommended by Harry then I'd say you are safe.

Pulling these Scotty grips using the old method isn't that difficult, it just takes so damn long as you really have to be careful.
                          Hi Scott

Personally I would try to first remove the WINN grip gently using the GS 'flat rod grip removal tool', using generous amounts of HF-100 grip solvent. I would not use a solvent that could easily attack the sticky underside of a WINN grip, which might comprimise the integrity of the grip. Furthermore, the grip can be ruined quite quickly if it is 'blown off' without using the appropriate safety tube, to minimize grip expansion or too high an air pressure psi. I would say the 'flat rod' method is the safest way to keep it looking new once reinstalled. You also have to masage it in the right direction so you do not begin to unravel the wrap. Oh so many things to consider ...

My recommendation of going to Henry was based on him offering to do it for FREE. I'm sure his work is world-class but I have never seen it first-hand.

So, anyways, what's a guy to do? What do you guys/girls think?
                          Hi westbeach

Here is another option for you to consider ...
                          I need a longer SC putter shaft and you need yours shortened.
                          Let me pull the shaft and install a shorter one
                          I will do the grip change too. The price is right > FREE.
                          westbeach, I bet you never thought of that option

http://www.torontogolfnuts.com/showthread.php?t=8595
                          Wanted: Scotty Cameron steel putter shaft with Shaft Band intact.
                          It doesn't need a grip on as I have a brand new S Cameron grip to put on.
                          It must be ~32 inches long which will make a 35" long Newport as standard.
                          I'm looking for NEW to ALMOST NEW condition.
                          Last edited by TourIQ; Jun 30, 2006, 11:20 PM. Reason: Automerged posts
                          Adams XTD Ti 12.5* / TightLies 2 Ti / Super 9031 Tour / Ping WRX i20 Irons
                          Ping WRX Tour Gorge / YES Natalie Putter B-CG / Leupold GX-4 Rangefinder
                          Personal Best: 79, hoping for another sub 80 round before the Twilight Zone

Comment

Originally posted by TourIQ
                            Hi Scott

Personally I would try to first remove the WINN grip gently using the GS 'flat rod grip removal tool', using generous amounts of HF-100 grip solvent. I would not use a solvent that could easily attack the sticky underside of a WINN grip, which might comprimise the integrity of the grip. Furthermore, the grip can be ruined quite quickly if it is 'blown off' without using the appropriate safety tube, to minimize grip expansion or too high an air pressure psi. I would say the 'flat rod' method is the safest way to keep it looking new once reinstalled. You also have to masage it in the right direction so you do not begin to unravel the wrap. Oh so many things to consider ...

My recommendation of going to Henry was based on him offering to do it for FREE. I'm sure his work is world-class but I have never seen it first-hand.

Hi westbeach

Here is another option for you to consider ...
                            I need a longer SC putter shaft and you need yours shortened.
                            Let me pull the shaft and install a shorter one
                            I will do the grip change too. The price is right > FREE.
                            westbeach, I bet you never thought of that option

http://www.torontogolfnuts.com/showthread.php?t=8595
                            Wanted: Scotty Cameron steel putter shaft with Shaft Band intact.
                            It doesn't need a grip on as I have a brand new S Cameron grip to put on.
                            It must be ~32 inches long which will make a 35" long Newport as standard.
                            I'm looking for NEW to ALMOST NEW condition.
                            TourIQ,

No dice...The shaft is over the hosel and you'll need a in-hosel shaft.

Comment

..... Well, it's too painful to cut off the grip when you see it going for this on ebay:

So, anyways, what's a guy to do? ......
                              Change her for a taller GF

Comment

Collapse

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

Recently Joined

Topics: 177,396   Posts: 1,865,401   Members: 47,842   Active Members: 371
                              Welcome to our newest member, kpran.
                              Collapse

Today's Birthdays

There are no members with birthdays today.

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Working...
                              X