Collapse

Cobra Irons

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cobra Irons

Hey guys, I was looking at picking up a set of Cobra 3100 I/H irons..just want to hear your guys input on cobra's irons in general and if there worth picking up. Thanks!
    In The Bag
    Driver-9.5* TaylorMade R7 Superquad
    Woods-TaylorMade Burner 3 Wood
    Hybrid-TaylorMade Rescue Dual 19*
    Irons- Taylormade Rac MB ('02) 4-PW
    Wedges- Cleveland 588 DSG 54* and 58* Oil Can finish
    Putter-YES! Callie
    Ball-Titleist Pro V1

Re: Cobra Irons

Hey Hacker,

I almost picked these up when I was in Myrtle Beach in March. I hit them and they felt really nice off the face. I don't think you can go wrong with them.

GR8

Comment

Originally posted by GR8CLUBS~NOGAME
      Hey Hacker,

I almost picked these up when I was in Myrtle Beach in March. I hit them and they felt really nice off the face. I don't think you can go wrong with them.

GR8
      Thanks for the reply gr8, i'm definately picking these babies up..There on sale at golftown for $398
      In The Bag
      Putter-YES! Callie
      Ball-Titleist Pro V1

Comment

Definately can't go wrong with these irons, they are comparable to TM RAC OS, Callaway X16 or X18, and the 3100 I/H comes with NS PRO steel shafts which cost double the Dynamic Golds at whole sale, heard a lot of good things about the NS PRO shafts. $398 is definately a steal.
        Practice is about anticipation not change.

Comment

I got these clubs back at the beginning of the season, and love them.
          They are very forgiving, without being overly huge-looking.

This is a great price for them.
          I paid about 100 more... plus i paid 7% GST
          Original price at Golftown was 599 I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Hacker87
            Thanks for the reply gr8, i'm definately picking these babies up..There on sale at golftown for $398
            Is that in this week's GT Totronto ad? It's not in their ad in Montreal.

This weeks Montreal GT ad has:
            • Tommy Armour Hot Scot, Adams Ovation and Olimar Hip Steel all at $298
            • Cleveland launcher LP $348,
            • TM R5 XL $498, Nike NDS, Callaway BB 04 all at $498,
            (All sets with steel shafts)

Comment

The website has been updated with the new price
              Golftown Link

Originally posted by JoeldMtl

Comment

Originally posted by JoeldMtl

Hey Joe, go on the GT website and click on "Special Buys" and then "Irons"..those beauties are in there! ..but now I got another dilemma guys..I have an offer for used Titleist 704cbs for 400 delivered right to my house or do I go with the cobras? HELLLLPPPP!!!!
                In The Bag
                Putter-YES! Callie
                Ball-Titleist Pro V1

Comment

Originally posted by Hacker87
                  Hey Joe, go on the GT website and click on "Special Buys" and then "Irons"..those beauties are in there! ..but now I got another dilemma guys..I have an offer for used Titleist 704cbs for 400 delivered right to my house or do I go with the cobras? HELLLLPPPP!!!!
                  704CB gets my vote, similar in forgiveness but feeeeeels so good when you pure one, just makes you want to get better and hit it in the sweet spot all the time

Comment

Originally posted by wiredbeans
                    704CB gets my vote, similar in forgiveness but feeeeeels so good when you pure one, just makes you want to get better and hit it in the sweet spot all the time
                    Thanks wired, much appreciated for the insight. I've always been told that forged irons feel so much nicer when u hit the sweet spot but i've never had the chance to try em. Any other opinions?
                    In The Bag
                    Putter-YES! Callie
                    Ball-Titleist Pro V1

Comment

Glad I can help

Once you are used to forged irons you will never go back to cast, the feel is a lot more pronouced. You will feel like heaven when you pured one and your knuckle will hurt when you thin one, you will know if you toed the ball or hilled the ball. off sweet spot hits will result in off sweet spot performance, you will not reach the green, if you dont hit a good shot because you do loose quite a bit of distance if you mishit. It will be a very truthful reflection of your game.

The 704 is actually pretty forgiving, about as forgiving as it gets without hidering the workability of the club. There is also the 804 which has a lot more offset and bigger head which in my opinion defeats the purpose of using forged irons.

If you have time, go to golf town and try them out if they still carry them, they were still on clearance a couple weeks ago

Comment

Originally posted by wiredbeans
                        Glad I can help

Once you are used to forged irons you will never go back to cast, the feel is a lot more pronouced. You will feel like heaven when you pured one and your knuckle will hurt when you thin one, you will know if you toed the ball or hilled the ball. off sweet spot hits will result in off sweet spot performance, you will not reach the green, if you dont hit a good shot because you do loose quite a bit of distance if you mishit. It will be a very truthful reflection of your game.

The 704 is actually pretty forgiving, about as forgiving as it gets without hidering the workability of the club. There is also the 804 which has a lot more offset and bigger head which in my opinion defeats the purpose of using forged irons.

If you have time, go to golf town and try them out if they still carry them, they were still on clearance a couple weeks ago
                        Now I get to see what a real hacker I really am with forged irons lol ..and what irons are you referring to at GT, the 704s or 804s?
                        In The Bag
                        Putter-YES! Callie
                        Ball-Titleist Pro V1

Comment

I have to agree with the forged irons vs. cast irons evaluation. The only exception I would throw in would be Ping irons. They are cast, but they feel as soft as forged irons due to their casting process.

I've been playing a set of MX-23s for a while now. I tried out a ton of sets and finally settled on these. The feel of a great strike is unbelieveable.

Comment

I've just gone from forged Kenneth Smith Milled Cavityback irons to cast XPC4's. After one round, the XPC4's appear to be more forgiving than the KS irons. Luv the look of the KS Milled irons, but they deserve better than my "can't break 100" swing. The XPC4's also have more offset and bigger heads than the KS cavitybacks.

Dave

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                            X