Collapse

Yardage books

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yardage books

I am looking to get blank yardage books. Have any of you guys tried this one at http://www.tpkgolf.com/cyb.htm It seems like to good concept. Do you guys know a good place to buy blank yardage books online or in the GTA? I would really like to get the ones that are used to map out courses on the pga tour. Any info would be great. Thanks!
    What's In My Bag?
    Taylormade R7 425 TP 9.5° w/Accra SC60 Stiff
    Cleveland Hibore 15° w/ Aldila VS 65g stiff
    Nike Covert Tour Hybrid Flex Loft w/ Kuro Kage 80g stiff
    Titleist 690CB 2 iron w/ True Temper DG S300
    Titleist 690MB PW-3 w/ True Temper DG S300
    Titleist Vokey Oil Can 52° W/ True Temper DG S300
    Titleist Vokey Oil Can 56° W/ True Temper DG S200
    Titleist Scotty Cameron Gun Blue Laguna 34"

Re: Yardage books

Originally posted by felsteinb
    I am looking to get blank yardage books. Have any of you guys tried this one at http://www.tpkgolf.com/cyb.htm It seems like to good concept. Do you guys know a good place to buy blank yardage books online or in the GTA? I would really like to get the ones that are used to map out courses on the pga tour. Any info would be great. Thanks!
    wow.
    i gladly fork over the toonie and buy one from the pro-shop before heading to the first tee.
    i guess alternatively, i could spend a few days with my laser rangefinder mapping out the course with one of these blank yardage books in hand, but that's mucho work!
    PING G2 10°... Callaway Steelhead 3W ... Mizuno Fli-Hi 21° ... Callaway X-14 PS ... Cleveland 588 RTG 53° & 57° ... PING Anser3 ... Maxfli Noodle ... Sun Mountain C-130

Comment

Originally posted by iyell4
      wow.
      i gladly fork over the toonie and buy one from the pro-shop before heading to the first tee.
      i guess alternatively, i could spend a few days with my laser rangefinder mapping out the course with one of these blank yardage books in hand, but that's mucho work!
      A toonie for a yardage book, what course(s) do you play that charge that low? I've paid on several occassions anywhere from $5-$10 for a complete yardage book at courses, you are paying a toonie and I'm getting ripped off!

Comment

Legacy in Tempe, AZ was the last one I bought for a toonie (USD). or thereabouts ...
        PING G2 10°... Callaway Steelhead 3W ... Mizuno Fli-Hi 21° ... Callaway X-14 PS ... Cleveland 588 RTG 53° & 57° ... PING Anser3 ... Maxfli Noodle ... Sun Mountain C-130

Comment

I recall playing at Mandarin many moons ago right before they held a CPGA championship there. One guy, pro or caddy was walking the course and obviously doing his yardage book for the upcoming tournament. He basically followed us the entire round. Really took me off my game as it felt like this one stranger was watching my every shot.

Even for $5-10, if you really need that detailed info, it's a deal when you consider how many hours it'd take you to walk the course yourself and do those yardages. Some courses bundle it, I always keep those in case I ever return...but that's a rarity as those courses are usually the nice ones that cost like a buck fitty.
          What's in the Bag:
          Infinity Propulsion 460 9* Accra/Axiv XT70 M4
          Tour Edge Exotics 15* Accra HF M4
          Titleist 585.H 19* Accra HF M4
          Titleist 585.H 21* Accra HF M4
          Taylor Made 300 Forged, Lehman Box Toes, E21 5.5
          Tourstage Z101 4-PW Project X 5.5
          Yes! Dianna UST Frequency filtered and counterbalanced.
          Sonartec Proto T35 54/60 wedges

All body parts and piercings performed at Swank Studios

Comment

i know that Crowbush and Dundarave dished 'em out as part of your green fees.
            also got one free from The Rock PLUS a metal divot repair tool ... but that was during their Opening season. I think you got to pay for them now.

Comment

Well I would like to have them for any tournments that I play in. I normaly like to play a practice round and I would really like to map out the course a little bit while practicing. So I guess no one knows were you can get them in the GTA or on the net?
              What's In My Bag?
              Taylormade R7 425 TP 9.5° w/Accra SC60 Stiff
              Cleveland Hibore 15° w/ Aldila VS 65g stiff
              Nike Covert Tour Hybrid Flex Loft w/ Kuro Kage 80g stiff
              Titleist 690CB 2 iron w/ True Temper DG S300
              Titleist 690MB PW-3 w/ True Temper DG S300
              Titleist Vokey Oil Can 52° W/ True Temper DG S300
              Titleist Vokey Oil Can 56° W/ True Temper DG S200
              Titleist Scotty Cameron Gun Blue Laguna 34"

Comment

Watsons Glen had good yardage booklets for (I think) $3 or so.

A couple of years ago I actually was thinking of starting a small business to make yardage booklets for Ontario courses but didn't have the savings to allow me to get started without a salary to fall back on so I went out and got a real job!

So I would like to expand this thread and ask how much people would be willing to pay for a good yardage booklet and what information or presentation they prefer. Personally, I would be willing to fork out an extra 10% on a course fee, up to maybe $8-10, for a good booklet now that I am at the level where I can somewhat control my yardage and begin to strategise my way arouind the course.

Most yardage booklets are at higher end courses and are full colour with yardage from tees to one mark in the fairway and 2-3 yardages from fairway features to the centre of the green. I would prefer the line drawing similar to the pro style which allows for much more detail, more yardage measurements, as well as much more detail about the greens and their surroundings (bunkers, mounds, green dimensions and breaks etc)

I also wonder whether allowing use of scopes will reduce the need for yardage booklets, as well as the increase in the use of GPS systems at higher-end clubs.

JTG
                “No one has as much luck around the greens as one who practices a lot.”
                Chi Chi Rodriguez

Comment

Originally posted by racmbs
                  A toonie for a yardage book, what course(s) do you play that charge that low? I've paid on several occassions anywhere from $5-$10 for a complete yardage book at courses, you are paying a toonie and I'm getting ripped off!
                  Well Willow Valley provides complimentary yardage books. I think they still do.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                  X