/**/

Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

RecommendedGood value instructors for beginning/intermediate player?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RecommendedGood value instructors for beginning/intermediate player?

Hi Everyone!

First time posting on the forum, but everyone seems so helpful from the posts I've been looking through!

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good instructor? I live downtown, so would prefer something closer to downtown (within a 20-30 min drive), or in Etobicoke area.

I took lessons last summer (just four), spent some time on the golf range, and played a few rounds of executive golf so I am not a total beginner, but definitely still have a lot to learn.

I'd prefer a small group (e.g. about 4 people) due to cost, but wouldn't mind private lessons if the price was reasonable. I just don't know if I'm good enough to benefit from the price of private lessons yet. I found based on the rounds I played last summer that I was having difficulty with my short game.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks!

Re: RecommendedGood value instructors for beginning/intermediate player?

hey

i've been looking around for an instructor as well and found:

centennial golf center
    bruce mccarol from www.mccarrolgolf.com - in lambton golf club
    braeben- in missisauga but close to etob
    nick starchuck

Comment

Matt Kane....mkpga.com!!Look no further! Contact him and go from there,ask him for advice if your concerned if private lessons will benefit you.....tell him your golf experience and what you want to accomplish, go from there!!Good luck!
      LEFTY
      Driver Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815
      3 Wood Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815
      3 Hybrid Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815
      Irons Callaway RAZR X MB 4-9
      Callaway Mack Daddy 48*50* 54* 60*
      Taylormade Spider Mallet
      Balls Titleist ProV1
      Shoes Footjoy Hyperflex
      BIBLE- BEN HOGANS 5 LESSONS(in bag at all times)

Comment

Originally posted by Tommyboy View Post
        Matt Kane....mkpga.com!!Look no further! Contact him and go from there,ask him for advice if your concerned if private lessons will benefit you.....tell him your golf experience and what you want to accomplish, go from there!!Good luck!
        i also want to take lessons from him but hes nearly an hour drive from where I live

Comment

Thanks Moonducks! I'll definitely look into these - I suppose you haven't selected someone yet?

Tommyboy - definitely appreciate it, but he appears to be teaching Burlington which is too far for me unfortunately.

Comment

If you can see Bruce McCarroll, go for it. He's one of the bests.

Conor Oshea is at Pipers Heath and you can't go wrong with him.

Comment

Thanks Nick!

Comment

Originally posted by moonducks View Post
                hey

i've been looking around for an instructor as well and found:

centennial golf center
                bruce mccarol from www.mccarrolgolf.com - in lambton golf club
                braeben- in missisauga but close to etob
                nick starchuck
                I hear that "Todd" and "Hal" from Centennial are very good instructors and are flexible with avail times to meet. Had a few friends utilize them for the past two seasons and they are quite happy and their games have improved quite a bit.

if its close and you are on a tighter budget, might be worth your while to investigate and try out.

Comment

Check out Todd Miller from cyber golf. Great value for a beginner.... Group lessons are 29 plus matt cost for 4hrs with the groupon / wagjag. He helped me a lot with the basics.

Comment

Best value for money: for a beginner Frank Sibbio at Braeben. Helped me gain 40 yards per club when I was a beginner #truestory
                    What other people may find in poetry or art museums, I find in the flight of a good drive.
                    - Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by vijay View Post
                      Best value for money: for a beginner Frank Sibbio at Braeben. Helped me gain 40 yards per club when I was a beginner #truestory
                      he doesn't work there anymore apaprently

Comment

Re: Recommended Good value instructors for beginning/intermediate player?

Not sure if you've found someone yet, but for a beginner (or anyone) I would recommend Doug Warner.

Doug is a student of the game and of the swing, and has a great resume. He's played on the Canadian Tour and in the Canadian Open, and has taught for decades. His web site is at: http://solutionsforegolfe.com/. His LinkedIn profile is: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/douglas-warner/10/43/92

I've worked with Doug for 10 years - he's personable but doesn't pull punches, and really understands the levers of success in any swing - he doesn't hold to a particular system or method, which is what makes him a great instructor IMO.

Comment

Sue at The Docks is excellent with beginners
                          Believe she also has group lessons
                          Ex Scottish top female player she has always mentioned little things she's
                          noticed as she walked by me if I'm struggling with so
                          something. Very nice and talented lady.

Currently I'm working with Conor O'shea.
                          So is my beginner girl friend

After not having seen him since our indoor winter lessons
                          we visited with him yesterday. I shot a personal best at Pipers
                          right after with a 75 off the blues. Easily could have been even lower

I recommend both instructors

Good luck and enjoy!
                          Callaway Rogue ST Max - Tensei AV blue 55 s
                          Ping G425 5 wood
                          Ping G425 7 wood

Ping G425 4 Hybrid
                          Srixon Z 785 irons - Nippon Modus 120 s
                          Titleist SM8 54S, 58D
                          Bettinardi Queen B6

Tour B RXS Golf Balls - yellow
                          hcp- 6

Comment

matt kane

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                            X