Collapse

Hitting wedges 15 yards right of target

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hitting wedges 15 yards right of target

I have recently been hitting my wedges 10-15 yards right of where I'm aiming. I have slowed my swing down for more control and was wondering if I'm just leaving the face open a bit or by slowing down I am coming across the face. Any suggestions or comments would be great

Re: Hitting wedges 15 yards right of target

First state your dexterity, and whether the ball is going straight right or curving to the right.

EDIT: Ok you're a righty
    TaylorMade RBZ Stage2 Tour 9* Oban Kiyoshi White Stiff 45.5"
    TaylorMade RBZ Stage2 Tour 16.5* Accra Dymatch STF Stiff 43"
    Adams Pro Hybrid 20* Accra Dymatch STH Stiff 41.5"
    Srixon Z565 4-PW Nippon Super Peening Blue XStiff
    Cleveland RTX-3 CB Nippon SPB XStiff 50.10/55.11/60.06
    Odyssey Marxman Fang Tank 34"
    Titleist Pro V1x

Comment

The ball just goes right like a push, but it doesn't feel like a push

Comment

Originally posted by Duffer88 View Post
        I have recently been hitting my wedges 10-15 yards right of where I'm aiming. I have slowed my swing down for more control and was wondering if I'm just leaving the face open a bit or by slowing down I am coming across the face. Any suggestions or comments would be great
        I struggled with the same thing and one of the things I was doing is standing too close to the ball. I stood about another inch away from the ball and it helped a lot. I also had a bit of the flying right elbow which I corrected using Foley's glove under the right armpit drill. A similar drill can be seen here.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Regards,
        Dan
        What's in the bag......

Big Bertha V w Attas Rockstar
        TEE Fairway Wood
        Razr 4 and 5 Hybrid
        TLT'd Srixon Z745's 6-PW MODUS3 TOUR 105
        Scor 4161 Wedges

Odyssey Works Versa

Comment

That video makes a lot of sense,thanks. Such a simple thing sure can frustrate a game

Comment

I find if I let up too much on a shot I leave the face open
            MEMBER OF THE 2008/2011/2014/2016TGN/OGF RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

Yeah, i think you're just blocking it right and not getting through the ball. Instead of slowing down your swing is likely getting lazy and leaving the face open.

Comment

Could it be a mild case of the shanks? I know that 15 yards full on shank trajectory, but I would take a look at the hosel to see if you have some ball marks there.

I had shanks happen to me and it pissed me off seeing a ball suddenly fly right of target.

Comment

Originally posted by Duffer88 View Post
                  Go to GolfTown and invest in some impact tape, you may be surprised where your impact zone actually is.
                  A while back buddies were telling me I was hitting off the toe; but as indicated above by "pennyarcade" it was the opposite, hosel not the toe. The Head Cover, Towel or Glove or anything thing under the arm works well.
                  Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

Originally posted by 4underthru9 View Post
                    Go to GolfTown and invest in some impact tape, you may be surprised where your impact zone actually is.
                    A while back buddies were telling me I was hitting off the toe; but as indicated above by "pennyarcade" it was the opposite, hosel not the toe. The Head Cover, Towel or Glove or anything thing under the arm works well.
                    Rather than spend big bucks on a package of impact tape at GT, get thyself over to Home Depot or Crappy Tire and get a roll of painter's tape. Works just as well as impact tape, doesn't leave glue residue on the clubface, and only cost a buck or two.
                    U. S. Air Force, Retired

Comment

Originally posted by goshawk View Post
                      Rather than spend big bucks on a package of impact tape at GT, get thyself over to Home Depot or Crappy Tire and get a roll of painter's tape. Works just as well as impact tape, doesn't leave glue residue on the clubface, and only cost a buck or two.
                      It's up to you, but the real thing just does a way better job, but then if you don't care, you could also get some cheap clubs and some really cheap golf balls at Crappy Tire while you are there.
                      Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

Originally posted by 4underthru9 View Post
                        It's up to you, but the real thing just does a way better job, but then if you don't care, you could also get some cheap clubs and some really cheap golf balls at Crappy Tire while you are there.
                        wtf?

when somebody gives you good advice ,you don't Crap all over it.

Painter's tape is perfectly suited for impact tape.

Comment

Originally posted by dekker View Post
                          wtf?when somebody gives you good advice ,you don't Crap all over it. Painter's tape is perfectly suited for impact tape.
                          Not good advice IMO, used both and they don't really compare.
                          Stopped buying my golf supplies at the Hardware store a long time ago.
                          Why not support the industry as opposed to crapping on it as you say.

Comment

Originally posted by dekker View Post
                            wtf?

when somebody gives you good advice ,you don't Crap all over it.

Painter's tape is perfectly suited for impact tape.
                            Agree Painters tape works fine, have used it many times

A dry erase marker is excellent as well....
                            "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Does anyone think the lie angle on his wedges is out??
                              Put them on a lie board and maybe find they are too flat

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X