Collapse

Weird slice

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird slice

So a little while ago I posted something saying that with my strong grip I was hooking the ball. After talking to some people it seemed like maybe the swing path was the culprit.

Played 9 holes last night, and made a concious effort to have a in to out swing to try and compensate for the hooks. Well it kinda worked. Ball flight was dead straight for about 80-90% of the flight then at the last minute it would curve right. Not always aggressively either, just enough to put me off the fairway but within the boundaries of the hole. I have never experienced that but wondering if anyone had any tips to avoid that last minute curve?

Side note, I also started to play with titleist NXT balls which was working beautifully around the green but don't know if the ball has anything to do with the ball flight.

Re: Weird slice

Most swings produce an amount of ball curvature.
    Was it repeatable that you could simply allow for it and hit the fairway?

It sounds to me like you grew accustomed to hitting a hook.
    You made some changes and your hook has changed to a fade (or possibly a slight push fade)
    But you are still aiming where you would have had you been hooking the ball, so when it fades, it's now missing the fairway on the right.

I suggest teeing it up on the right hand side of the tee box, aim towards the left centre part of the fairway, and let your (new) natural curve bring it to the centre of the fairway.

Comment

i have the same problem, ball takes of straight, seems to make a turn from one side of the fairway to the other

Comment

I have the same problem but only with my driver. To fix it I stand with my front foot about 4 inch back from being SQ to the ball. I have tried other things that might help to fix the problem but I lose out on the length of my drive. As well I now use a spin control ball it helps

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
        X