/*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked BEGIN*/ /*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked END*/
Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

Ben Hogan's five lessons.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ben Hogan's five lessons.

Is this book still a good resource to rely on? I've posted my swing here and in other forums and I usually get advice saying fix my fundamentals. I then saw a lot of good feedback regarding this book. Chapter 1 being grip. I switched from interlocking to his grip and I know have a full back swing and more confidence. I never even considered that amount of detail on grip alone. What do you guys think about this book

Re: Ben Hogan's five lessons.

I think it's probably a rabbit hole I don't want to step in.
    Some fans (well tons) on here and around the world for sure though.
    TM M2 D-type 9.5 Accra CS1 70
    TM Jetspeed tour 19* Accra CS1 80
    TM Speedblade 3 iron Accra proto
    TM M2 tour 4-pw Accra ICWT 95
    Callaway X-Forged 52, 56, 60 Pro Modus3 105
    Nike method MC3i

Osprey Valley Century Club
    100 holes - May 2, 2016

Comment

It depends on what your goal is, if your goal is to have fun trying to create a swing on your own through trial and error, then great!

But if you want to improve your swing and game, and learn how to match up different pieces in an efficient and timely manner, then I woud encourage you to take lessons with a good coach instead of getting frustrated learning from a book with no feedback! =)
      Larry Cheung - Golf Coach, Canadian Foresight Rep

Give me a shout and stay up to date at:
      larrycheunggolf.com
      facebook.com/larrycheunggolf
      instagram.com/larrycheunggolf/
      twitter.com/LarryCheungGolf
      youtube.com/user/LarryCheung1992

Appreciate all the support =)

Comment

Originally posted by lesickboy View Post
        Is this book still a good resource to rely on? I've posted my swing here and in other forums and I usually get advice saying fix my fundamentals. I then saw a lot of good feedback regarding this book. Chapter 1 being grip. I switched from interlocking to his grip and I know have a full back swing and more confidence. I never even considered that amount of detail on grip alone. What do you guys think about this book
        lol,I haven't read a book in years

Comment

Great book. I have it and read it many times. Still cannot do what is says! Too many details and I stopped having fun. Now I just hit and go and I play better and enjoy it more.
          Sun Mountain C-130
          Ping G30 Driver, G25 4 & 7 wood
          Ping G25 27*
          Ping i20 6 - Sw
          Vokey SM4 58
          Callaway Jaws 64
          Odyssey White Hot # 7
          NXT Tour S

You have never really lived until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.

Comment

I'm going for lessons next spring. Unfortunately I couldn't find the time this year. I've golfed for years, reading this to try and improve my game. See what happens lol

Comment

I'm going for lessons next spring. Unfortunately I couldn't find the time this year. I've golfed for years, reading this to try and improve my game. See what happens lol

There's nuthin' bad in that book as far as I can remember.

Comment

Originally posted by Davepm View Post
                Great book. I have it and read it many times. Still cannot do what is says! Too many details and I stopped having fun. Now I just hit and go and I play better and enjoy it more.
                Too many details? Are we talking about the same book? It's all about the basics.

Comment

I don't find it too many details. I find it very focused on essentials, with explanation behind why the break down of such impacts consistency. One point I like was the explanation that not keeping the lead arm straights will stop you from achieving the full arc of your swing. A problem I have, topping the ball.

Comment

I don't find it too many details. I find it very focused on essentials, with explanation behind why the break down of such impacts consistency. One point I like was the explanation that not keeping the lead arm straights will stop you from achieving the full arc of your swing. A problem I have, topping the ball.
                    I am not a teacher but something I see with a lot of players is trying to make a full turn with a straight lead arm. After a certain point, without appropriate weight shift, they end up with a reverse pivot and either top or sky the ball coming back.
                    The single most important point for me in the book is the mirror plane. If you are on the right plane you can make a full back turn without a reverse pivot. Dont " break the glass"!

Comment

Interesting. I haven't got to that part yet.

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

You afraid of picture books or something? Lol

Comment

I have the Hogan book in my golf bag, and not because I refer to it during a round. I keep it there simply because I try to read it annually when on vacation down south and don't want to forget it at home. There's also an incredible book called Jack Nicklaus' Lesson Tee picture book that I keep going back to. I've read that its the list of fundamentals that Nicklaus would review with Jack Grout every spring.

My biggest takeaway from the Hogan book is in that picture above:

Turn the barrel.
                            Last edited by parskiandhutch; Sep 28, 2016, 10:19 AM.

Comment

I really retain knowledge from reading. I'll check out that book too

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X