Collapse

Golf Is NOT a Muscle Game :)

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golf Is NOT a Muscle Game :)

Just an example that one doesn't necessarily need muscles to play this game. Yes, no ???

AKSHAY BHATIA Posts a Record Breaking Round - 2017 Boys Junior PGA Championship

Click image for larger version  Name:	AKSHAY BHATIA-GolfIsNotAMuscleGame.png Views:	2 Size:	579.4 KB ID:	2723389
    Last edited by veryold; Dec 21, 2017, 06:03 PM.

Doesn't really prove anything. Golfers come in many shapes and sizes...however in todays game you need to hit the ball a decent distance to compete. The long hitters have at least 1 of these things:

1) Size, whether being super strong or even big (think Rory/Day vs. Daly)
    2) Extreme Flexibility (Bubba/Justin Thomas)

Some have a combo of both, (DJ). To some degree you need a bit of both. But trust me you need muscle...if you dont think this kid has muscle and or someone like Justin Thomas or Rickie Fowler isnt almost pure muscle youre kidding yourself...theyre just not lifting weights so theyre not big and muscular but they have tons of fast twitch muscle fibres that make them so athletic (Think Bruce Lee)

I cant think of too many out of shape golfers with little muscle and poor flexbility, unless theyre extremely talented.

Now i've played with some very good seniors who do not hit it a long way but they know that and play to their strengths...they play forward tees but man can they work the ball and score.

Comment

Also, for the kids age, I bet his athleticism and muscles are in line or above his peers.

Comment

When it comes to golf fast twitch muscles are where it is at. Don't have to be big to have great fast twitch muscles.
        I like big putts and I cannot lie
        You other putters can't deny
        That when a putt goes in with an itty bitty pace
        You're gonna fist pump in their face - Sir Putts-A-Lot

It's how well you golf fast!!!!

Comment

Strength helps ,I really should work out.

Comment

Originally posted by veryold View Post
            Just an example that one doesn't necessarily need muscles to play this game. Yes, no ???

AKSHAY BHATIA Posts a Record Breaking Round - 2017 Boys Junior PGA Championship

Click image for larger version Name:	AKSHAY BHATIA-GolfIsNotAMuscleGame.png Views:	2 Size:	579.4 KB ID:	2723389
            No, I'm sure he is plenty "golf strong".

Typical lean-golfer build.

Comment

Pro golfers are athletes and most of the ones coming up now are working out and following a fitness routine. Anyone that thinks it doesn’t benefit your golf game is fooling themselves. Flexibility and strength are going to increase your ability to hit the ball further (along with an insane amount of practice.) Also having a more stable core is going to reduce injury. Now having said all this if you are going to the gym and just doing bench press all day don’t expect that to work out well for you. Go to a professional and have them work up a plan for you. Justin Thomas uses the same guy Lexi Thompson and a few others do.

Comment

Originally posted by Tphilp View Post
                just doing bench press all day don’t expect that to work out well for you. Go to a professional and have them work up a plan for you. Justin Thomas uses the same guy Lexi Thompson and a few others do.
                the bench press also involves triceps, shoulders, back, and even your glutes are involved.
                "The Older I Get...
                The Longer My Drives Used To Be."
                Relationships are a lot like algebra. Have you ever looked at your X and wondered Y

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Seeker View Post

the bench press also involves triceps, shoulders, back, and even your glutes are involved.
                  touche!! It is my favourite gym exercise for a reason!

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                  X