/**/

Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

DIY golf training aid. Post it here for the people who may want to try but not buy!

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY golf training aid. Post it here for the people who may want to try but not buy!

Just following up on the slice eliminator golf training aid just posted...what DIY's have other TGNer's made.

Please refrain from calling people cheap or a thief or anything else along those lines because $50 saved is a dozen Pro V1's in the bag!

Pics and any explanations are appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

IMO....any swing aid, whether equipment or technique,has to work 100% of the time for at least 75% of the golfing population.

Comment

Originally posted by Hector Gill View Post
      IMO....any swing aid, whether equipment or technique,has to work 100% of the time for at least 75% of the golfing population.
      What exactly would qualify under those conditions? Any training aid, used incorrectly, or even correctly, can hinder, rather than help. That means they won't work 100% of the time. [An example - training aid X helps deal with swing issue Y. You use it correctly; however, swing issue Y was compensating for other swing issue Z. Now, you've eliminated swing issue Y and every shot is worse because you're still doing Z.]
      In the bag:
      R15 12° PXV 6.0
      SLDR 15° ATX Blue S
      Adams Pro 18° ATX, Idea Pro A12 20° NV S
      Titleist AP2 4-PW Project X 6.0
      Vokey SM5 54, 58
      Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Comment

Originally posted by WDM1980 View Post

What exactly would qualify under those conditions? Any training aid, used incorrectly, or even correctly, can hinder, rather than help. That means they won't work 100% of the time. [An example - training aid X helps deal with swing issue Y. You use it correctly; however, swing issue Y was compensating for other swing issue Z. Now, you've eliminated swing issue Y and every shot is worse because you're still doing Z.]
        Presently....nothing IMO.

Comment

Something I whipped up a couple years ago, to go along with tour sticks training sticks. Works pretty well for short putts. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00533.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	106.0 KB
ID:	2737316
          WITB:
          SIM
          Stealth+
          MMC 4-P
          T4 52
          T22 56
          T22 60
          Spider S

Comment

I've been using a yardstick for my winter putting practice this year. Basically, just put a metal yardstick on the ground towards your target and try to putt the ball on top of it the entire way. Check YouTube, as there is many videos on it.

Wouldn't know if it's improved my putting until the Spring, but when first started I could barely do it and now I can do 15-20 in a row on a regular basis, so got to believe its helping.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	golfproli.JPG
Views:	118
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	2737843 I think this video shows a difference that strikes me between Ams and Pros.The lead arm position at address. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YPm-zQjN4M
              Last edited by Hector Gill; Feb 4, 2018, 09:22 AM.

Comment

My Orange Whip and speed trainer DIYs is made with driveway markers (I think they're made of fibreglass) which cost around $2 at Home Depot and found golf balls and old golf grips.

BTW driveway markers are the cheap golfers alignment rods.

Link to picture.

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

Do not try and swing weighted whip near windows or people in case it breaks.

The unweighted whip (with no golf balls on it) can be swung holding either end...ie hold grip and swing as far as possible (speed training) or hold grip at bottom (light weighted whip).

The orange whip is supposed to help you feel loading of the club and unloading.

Last edited by TeetoGrnr; Feb 4, 2018, 11:28 AM.

Comment

I keep TV rabbit ears, in my bag at all time. An extremely versatile practice aid as a gate to chip thru, flat on the ground as a ball position and stand width marker. 101 uses.
                  things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Originally posted by Feherty Fan View Post
                    I've been using a yardstick for my winter putting practice this year. Basically, just put a metal yardstick on the ground towards your target and try to putt the ball on top of it the entire way. Check YouTube, as there is many videos on it.

Wouldn't know if it's improved my putting until the Spring, but when first started I could barely do it and now I can do 15-20 in a row on a regular basis, so got to believe its helping.
                    That will certainly help with hitting your putt along the aim line. Getting the ball to go the entire way along a metal strip is not easy.

Fortunately there are no rules limiting the number of golf balls you can carry during a match!

Comment

Originally posted by bl8d View Post
                      I keep TV rabbit ears, in my bag at all time. An extremely versatile practice aid as a gate to chip thru, flat on the ground as a ball position and stand width marker. 101 uses.
                      Also can be used as a lightning rod or alternatively as a dowsing rod. And isn't there a guy on here who carries a candle stick just in case? Not sure what that is for.

Fortunately there are no rules limiting the number of golf balls you can carry during a match!

Comment

Originally posted by Fore Warned View Post

Also can be used as a lightning rod or alternatively as a dowsing rod. And isn't there a guy on here who carries a candle stick just in case? Not sure what that is for.
                        won't bother to test so myself, but that makes 102 and 103.
                        Our man Moffat is the candlestick man, taking credit for the misdeed, 'sted the Butler.
                        things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                        X