/**/

Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

How long have I been hitting my irons fat?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long have I been hitting my irons fat?

Starting to dissect my swing for the first time ever and have been hooked on Shields, Crossfield, MeAndMyGolf videos this offseason.

I can swing like a gorilla so distance has never been affected but all of these divot after impact videos made me question if that's how I am making contact. Then, I remembered any of my range sessions, ever. As I take my irons shots and divots, I'm always moving the ball further forward between each shot to account for previous divots. To me, this explains that I hit the ball fat. If I was hitting the ground after impact, I would need to be moving the ball back between each shot.

Anyone agree or disagree with this thinking?
    Dans le BAG...
    PING G30 LS 9*, PING G25 14.5*, PING G30 19*
    PING I25 4-LW
    Titleist Vokey SM6 62*
    Scotty Cameron Classics Laguna

If your a digger then your a digger,body movement ?.moving the ball may help if moved forward imo.

Comment

easy to check
      stick two tees into the ground (12 and 6 on the clock) about 10" apart to create an imaginary line. Place the ball in the middle of that imaginary line between the two tees.
      Take your usual stance, and swing at the ball.
      If the divot is in front(left) of the Tee-line, your ok.
      If it starts behind the tee-line(right) ,your fat.
      I'm assuming your right sided.
      things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Originally posted by bl8d View Post
        easy to check
        stick two tees into the ground (12 and 6 on the clock) about 10" apart to create an imaginary line. Place the ball in the middle of that imaginary line between the two tees.
        Take your usual stance, and swing at the ball.
        If the divot is in front(left) of the Tee-line, your ok.
        If it starts behind the tee-line(right) ,your fat.
        I'm assuming your right sided.
        Great advice. Had done this many times last Summer, but just used one tee, against the toe, lazy i guess to put 2 of them, lol.
        And combined with the "vertical" sharpie line on the ball, leaving the trace of ink on the iron face, I learned soooo much about my ball striking and errors.
        Cheers !
        Last edited by veryold; Mar 25, 2018, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
        X