Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rotating Arms Thru Impact

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rotating Arms Thru Impact

OK, time to get back to the topic of "Golf Instruction"

So, just wanted to ask if my impressions here have any substance: When i start with a slightly open face at address, take my full swing, but then i try, really hard, to turn my arms over thru impact, i feel that i might be adding a bit more of the club head speed. Is this a possibility ? Haven't had a chance to try it on the course yet, but the "swoosh" pitch in my back yard sounds different.
    Cheers to all, and let's hit the fairways next week
    Last edited by veryold; Apr 14, 2018, 05:58 PM.

yes, effectually you are increasing the toe speed and the toe will rotate well past the heel at the finish of impact.
    Check all of the Tom Tomasello vids on youtube, some very Interesting stuff.
    Last edited by bl8d; Apr 14, 2018, 05:28 PM.
    Things change.

Ping i25, PWR75 s
    Ping i25 3w Accra Tour Z LS M4
    Ping i25 5w PWR75s
    Ping ISI 3-pw Z-z65
    Ping ISI W2, W3
    Cal i-Trax

Comment

Originally posted by bl8d View Post
      yes, effectually you are increasing the toe speed and the toe will rotate well past the heel at the finish of impact.
      Check all of the Tom Tomasello vids on youtube, some very Interesting stuff.
      Thanks so much for this
      Checking them ALL out, but especially interesting to me are his instructions when he was quite old and barely able to hold the club - lots of "golfing wisdom" there, IMHO of course.
      Cheers !
      Last edited by veryold; Apr 15, 2018, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Your releasing the club maximizing potential speed...just be careful u dont overdo it and start snap hooking.
        Driver---Taylormade M3 (8.5) Aldila NV 2KXV Orange 6X 45"
        3W------Taylormade M3 (16) Fujikura Atmos Red Tour Spec 7X 43.25"
        5W------Taylormade M3 (19) Fujikura Atmos Red Tour Spec 7X 42.25"
        3i-------Taylormade TP UDI (20.5) Dynamic Gold X100
        Irons------Maltby MMB-17 4-PW Modus 3 125X
        Wedges---Cleveland RTX 3 (52/MG) & Taylormade Hi-Toe (60) Modus 3 125X/Modus 3 125 Wedge
        Putter-----Taylormade Spider Tour Black (DJ) 34" SS Pistol GTR

Comment

Originally posted by Jasonp View Post
          Your releasing the club maximizing potential speed...just be careful u dont overdo it and start snap hooking.
          Absolutely and thanks for your interest and help.
          Cheers !

Maybe we'll be able to have some golfing this week, FINALLY, so it will be an interesting experiment. I better pack few extra balls

Comment

Originally posted by veryold View Post
            Absolutely and thanks for your interest and help.
            Cheers !

Maybe we'll be able to have some golfing this week, FINALLY, so it will be an interesting experiment. I better pack few extra balls
            Well, played two rounds with heavy duty "arm rotation" and it resulted in an un-predictable, almost un-controlable ball flights. Well, on to the next "magical move"
            Thanks to all for helping and cheers !

Comment

Well, played two rounds with heavy duty "arm rotation" and it resulted in an un-predictable, almost un-controlable ball flights. Well, on to the next "magical move"
              Thanks to all for helping and cheers !
              There is no magical move,you play what you got imo.

Comment

Originally posted by nearace View Post

There is no magical move,you play what you got imo.
                ^^^ AGREE WITH YOU FOR SURE and that's why i used "" marks
                Cheers !

Comment

If your referring to consciously rotating your arms your results are on par with an decent instruction on the topic. The rotating your arms has to happen naturally for the most part through doing a whole lot of other things properly. I struggle with the slice and tried this with the same results. I found if I slowed my take away and didnt sway, had the proper grip and pressure, and again didnt sway on my follow through while swinging out to the left (i'm left handed) I would get a nice subtle draw. Your timing would need to be impeccable to force rotation of your arms and have decent results.
                  Driver - Taylormade M1 Kuro Kage stiff 10.5
                  5 wood - X hot stiff
                  3 Hybrid - R15 stiff
                  Irons - 4-AW RSI1 Stiff
                  Wedge - 56 MD tour grind
                  Putter - Scotty Cameron Newport 2/Taylormade OS Daytona

Comment

first, it's not an arm rotation, it's a forearm rotation.
                    the forearm rotation, a simple crossing of the forearms after the ball is contacted.
                    It keeps your hands/arms in sync with your body and shoulder rotation, otherwise your trail shoulder will move outside, and you'll cut across.
                    It takes time.
                    Things change.

Ping i25, PWR75 s
                    Ping i25 3w Accra Tour Z LS M4
                    Ping i25 5w PWR75s
                    Ping ISI 3-pw Z-z65
                    Ping ISI W2, W3
                    Cal i-Trax

Comment

I think in every organized sport I've played, I've been coached to use big muscles before small muscles in developing a skill. So in golf I try to use legs/hips/shoulders instead of arms/hands.
                      Member of Cedar Brae GC

Comment

Originally posted by SkyMark View Post
                        I think in every organized sport I've played, I've been coached to use big muscles before small muscles in developing a skill. So in golf I try to use legs/hips/shoulders instead of arms/hands.
                        Sorry for getting of-topic here, but IMHO, and many others', it's ABC: Arms first, then Body, then Club
                        Last edited by veryold; May 2, 2018, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Sorry for getting of-topic here, but IMHO, and many others', it's ABC: Arms first, then Body, then Club
                          Does that not contradict the principle that your arms should stay connected with your body? I thought a one piece takeaway was the best approach. Focusing on your arms would cause you to stray from that.
                          Member of Cedar Brae GC

Comment

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

Recently Joined

Collapse

Topics: 162,872   Posts: 1,704,447   Members: 45,549   Active Members: 248
                          Welcome to our newest member, joe1019.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

TGN Sponsors

TGN Sponsors

Working...
                          X