Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to get the club lower at impact drills, image, thought...

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get the club lower at impact drills, image, thought...

Hi all, some may have read my previous post with my game struggles. I just started lessons with a great teacher and saw some great improvements after lesson 1. Lesson 2 he is trying to get me at a lower impact position with the club, I fully understand what he is asking me to do I am just struggling on how to make it happen consistently without him there watching me.

I am posting a picture from one of the ads here (from revolution golf) showing exactly where he wants me to be on the down swing before impact we recently went over. The top photo is what he is asking me to do and myself into that position where the club is just barley off the turf. My problem/issue is my club is high maybe knee or just below the knee

My question to any of you is; without felling like I am casting/throwing my hands down and out​​​​.

Click image for larger version  Name:	11123558024568658887.jpg Views:	1 Size:	43.3 KB ID:	2794491
    Last edited by chrish8; May 16, 2018, 12:46 PM.
    In the Bag

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Alpha
    Fairway Wood: Callaway X2 Hot
    Hybrid:Callaway X2 Hot Pro 18* and X2 Hot 22*
    Irons: Mizuno JPX-850 Forged
    Wedges: Mizuno S5 49*/54*/57* bent to 59*
    Putter:Bobby Grace Smart Fit F18
    Ball: Mostly whatever I find after losing mine in the woods. Otherwise B330 or Z-Star XV
    --------
    Home Course - DiamondBack

if he is trying to get you to "stay low", I think he is saying your'e standing up through the shot.
    Things change.

Ping i25, PWR75 s
    Ping i25 3w Accra Tour Z LS M4
    Ping i25 5w PWR75s
    Ping ISI 3-pw Z-z65
    Ping ISI W2, W3
    Cal i-Trax

Comment

Originally posted by chrish8 View Post
      Hi all, some may have read my previous post with my game struggles. I just started lessons with a great teacher (David Fritz) and saw some great improvements after lesson 1. Lesson 2 he is trying to get me at a lower impact position with the club, I fully understand what he is asking me to do I am just struggling on how to make it happen consistently without him there watching me.

I am posting a picture from one of the ads here (from revolution golf) showing exactly where he wants me to be on the down swing before impact we recently went over. The top photo is what he is asking me to do and myself into that position where the club is just barley off the turf. My problem/issue is my club is high maybe knee or just below the knee

My question to any of you is; without felling like I am casting/throwing my hands down and out​​​​.

Click image for larger version

Name:	11123558024568658887.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	2794491
      Took a couple of lessons over the winter and here's what I got out of them. Moved clubhead and hands forward and my only swing thought then is to drive my right shoulder down and into the ball on the forward swing so that my shoulders are tilted instead of too parallel.and hips open about 30* at impact. When I do it I stay down thru the shot, don't throw my hands at the ball and get enuff distance w/out feeling like I'm swinging hard.

Comment

Thanks guys , bl8d that is it exactly stay low/down,

Bogey, with that thought of swining down what are you doing to make sure 1. your not dipping or swaying vs. rotating?
        In the Bag

Ball: Mostly whatever I find after losing mine in the woods. Otherwise B330 or Z-Star XV
        --------

Comment

Start with your trail elbow at waist level (some prefer the elbow in front of the hip and some at the side). Do small chip shots and then gradually work your way into a full swing. As you do this will get a better feel of what your body needs to do get into that position.

Comment

Bogey, with that thought of swining down what are you doing to make sure 1. your not dipping or swaying vs. rotating?

well, if you are standing up that's not too hard to fix actually.

just think of the sidearm action and the body position you would have to assume to skip a stone across the water.
            Things change.

Ping i25, PWR75 s
            Ping i25 5w PWR75s
            Ping ISI 3-pw Z-z65
            Ping ISI W2, W3
            Cal i-Trax

Comment

it was bothering me since my last lesson and really bothered me last night so went to the range this AM. What seems to work for me (with the ball sitting on a tee)I think is what both of you are getting at. I get myself to the "9 o'clock" position and and drop my arms down and behind me waist high. While very tough to do (break my casting/over the top I developed) it forces me to rotate/turn vs. swinging my arms at the ball.
              Last edited by chrish8; May 16, 2018, 12:48 PM.
              In the Bag

--------

Comment

A little bend in the knees, not overswinging and maintaining posture to avoid dipping too much. The lower picture in your 1st post kinda looks like the position I'm trying to describe.

If I sway I'll usually start hitting thin irons and low on the driver face and also go back to above to stop.

Comment

Sounds like he wants you to turn more through the shot rather than stand up and flip. Check out videos from GGswingtips and Dan Whittaker. They both do drills where you start halfway back (left arm parallel) then turn through the shot with forward shaft lean. Takes out the timing that you would need with a flip and creates a more shallow divot.

Comment

sometimes a swing image you can keep in your head will help you visualize the move you want to achieve.
                    I'm a fan of David Duval's swing, so when I get out of sync ,I call it up.
                    Attached Files
                    Things change.

Ping i25, PWR75 s
                    Ping i25 5w PWR75s
                    Ping ISI 3-pw Z-z65
                    Ping ISI W2, W3
                    Cal i-Trax

Comment

Originally posted by bl8d View Post
                      sometimes a swing image you can keep in your head will help you visualize the move you want to achieve.
                      I'm a fan of David Duval's swing, so when I get out of sync ,I call it up.
                      That is a great image to keep in my head thanks for that, exactly what I am trying to get to low from the inside
                      In the Bag

--------

Comment

Clay has a great video addressing this.

Comment

Advanced Search

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

Recently Joined

Collapse

Topics: 159,273   Posts: 1,675,817   Members: 45,088   Active Members: 289
                        Welcome to our newest member, Jim Gray.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

TGN Sponsors

TGN Sponsors

Working...
                        X