No announcement yet.
Collapse

Alignment!

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use the alignment routine of looking 2 - 3 feet ahead of the ball for a spot along my desired trajectory path and then setting up parallel to that with my feet, hips, chest and shoulders. I also align the ball logo and move my trailing foot back a couple of inches off the line for driver. This set up works for me most of the time.

A few weeks ago I had relatively straight shots consistently. Even managed a few nice draws with some shorter clubs. Lately I have been hitting some sharp draws/pulls to the right (lefty).

I was trying out a hybrid at GT a few days ago and for the life of me I couldn't make good contact. Shots were going out to the right most of the time again. The golf fitter checked out my alignment. Simple problem to fix - over the last bunch of rounds I had been allowing my shoulders to open up to the target line. This was creating an exaggerated straight out to in swing path that created square contact at the ball - no slices but pulls that were worsening with increased club length.

After realizing my error the fix was simple. As part of my final check just before shooting, I was forgetting to turn my head directly right to ensure my right shoulder was not open but still parallel to the target line. I needed to rotate it to the left more to reach parallel. Try to incorporate this last check just prior to swinging. It may just be the difference maker.
    Last edited by Smogmonster; Jul 22, 2018, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
    X