No announcement yet.
Collapse

Best home practice gear?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There’s really no way to avoid duty and shipping unless you live in the us, but hey look at the bright side you can break your leg for free here

Comment

A putting mat is invaluable

Comment

If you're looking for golf balls that will soften the blow of any wayward shots while you're still getting the feel for how to practice golf at home, then consider polyurethane foam practice balls. These soft balls come in a variety of fluorescent colors, are dimpled for realism, and are great for any golfer that may be concerned about the surrounding breakables in the house. Artificial turf practice mats have been around for years, and are the standard for any golfer that's looking for a durable surface on which to practice their swing.

Comment

I only do two things at home and they have improved my game tremendously and the best part is all you need are a carpet and some couch cushions.

1. Golf Billiards.... take 3 balls and putt any of the 3 so that it either hits both other balls or combos one into the other... this really gets you comfortable performing a soft yet crisp stroke that you can trust will go on the line you see as aiming the second ball or the deflection off of it requires a very precise hit even over short distances. The point of the game is to get as many legal shots in a row as possible. My pb is 51 atm but I got all winter to top it. Rolling the ball on your line becomes second nature after palying this game for a few min a day. And shakey decelerating short putt strokes become a thing of the past.

2. Chip into a couch cushion. That simple. This is strictly a contact drill. you drop a ball on your carpet about 2-3 feet from the base of your couch where u place a pillow or cushion and then chip the ball straight into the cushion. To reduce noise I also lay a small pillow flat at base of the cushion I hit into so that the ball falls onto it rather than onto the floor. Once you have your base motion down and are making solid crisp contact 8of10 times or more you can start varying trajectory and play low-medium-high shots getting used to starting the ball higher or lower on your intended line. Touch and distance control can be worked out on the chipping green but solid contact, first and foremost, and some trajectory control go a long way in improving your short game.

Comment

Starting the thread up again! - Has anyone seen 'power package golf' anywhere? (that isn't $80 from their website).

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
            X