Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chipping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nomullies View Post
    I also watched many videos and suffered inconsistent chipping. Late in the year I committed to Leadbetter's no wrist method and it helped quite a bit.
    Haven't watched DL in a few years but the no wrist sounds a lot like what Larry taught me and what Danny Maude also endorses ( for ams).

The only drawback to no wrist hinge is that clubhead speed can be reduced through the ball and that reduces height and spin. Using a higher loft for Pitches will help but , as I have found if you are short sided and need to go over a bunker or raise the ball quickly and stop it quickly ....the no wrist, no hinge method makes it tougher to elevate and create spin....
    "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Originally posted by Weirfan View Post

Haven't watched DL in a few years but the no wrist sounds a lot like what Larry taught me and what Danny Maude also endorses ( for ams).

The only drawback to no wrist hinge is that clubhead speed can be reduced through the ball and that reduces height and spin. Using a higher loft for Pitches will help but , as I have found if you are short sided and need to go over a bunker or raise the ball quickly and stop it quickly ....the no wrist, no hinge method makes it tougher to elevate and create spin....
      I've used Larry's stuff re same length and tempo back and through. When my wrists creep in bad things happen.

Comment

Cocking and hinging??....I believe you allow the wrists to do both on the way back but don't allow them to unhinge (trail wrist cupped) on the way down.
        Last edited by par345; Nov 16, 2019, 07:42 AM.

Comment

If Iím close enough. I use Floyd? Technique to putt with lofted club method. I read the green from the side angle. Tap the club on the ground and Top of the shaft or butt end to focus on and bump and roll the ball to the hole. If the green is more undulated or if the ball is above the level of the hole I rather flop or chip differently

Comment

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

Recently Joined

Collapse

Topics: 173,492   Posts: 1,814,080   Members: 47,097   Active Members: 176
          Welcome to our newest member, Highlife.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

TGN Sponsors

Working...
          X