Collapse

Chipping

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TeetoGrnr View Post
    It's been over a year since this thread was created. Would be nice to hear how OP is doing one his chipping and what he's worked on and did.
    I would like to know also?

Comment

Originally posted by bl8d View Post

most common SW bounce on Tour is 12* because the fairways are so tightly mowed, and from there the sole grind is what make it versatile.

for the weekender 14* is probably a better choice, and with a full sole grind to plow, er slide through the deep rough
      I assume TOUR players use high bounce wedges mostly because of the type of sand they play out of. High bounce wedges (bounce greater than 10*) aren't ideal for firm conditions or tight lies. I think amateurs playing high bounce wedges contributes to their struggles out of bunkers at mid level or muni courses - the sand we play out of is much shallower and much more coarse than the pro mix used at most PGA venues, which is why you see lots of thin bunker shots from amateurs that hit the lip of the bunker and roll back to their feet.

I personally play 8* on both my 56 and 52 degree wedges. I struggle around the green after a heavy rain, but other than that the mid bounce wedges are much more versatile and produce good results in a variety of conditions.
      Last edited by SeanAvery2point0; Oct 21, 2020, 06:07 PM.

Comment

^^^ my thoughts exactly, the sand in your typical local bunker is not as deep or fine as what we see on TV, or at a high-end private course. Too much bounce is not your friend IMO.
        🍍 2023 WITB 🍍​
        Bag | Titleist Hybrid-5 Stand Bag
        Titleist TSi2 10* | Miyazaki Kusala Black 61x or UST LIN-Q White M40X 6F3
        Titleist TSR3 18* Fairway | Evenflow White 60S
        Titleist TSR1 20* Hybrid | Evenflow White 90S
        Edel SMS Pro 5-PW | Steelfiber i110cw-S
        Edel SMS GW & LW | Steelfiber i110cw-S

Putter | Mizuno OMOI-03 Nickel Finish, stock grip
        Grips | All Clubs With CP2 Wrap Jumbo

Comment

correct me if I misheard, but , because of Covid, some courses ask their bunkers to be treated as "grounds under repair" , since the rakes have been removed.
          things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Originally posted by IrishGuy1979 View Post
            I watched this Kevin Kisner video a few weeks back and it's helped me a lot since bringing it onto the course - including not one but two chip in birdies this morning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9E-gdx-o1sg
            This is a great video, it's easy to watch, not dry and very relatable. It has definitely helped me with my chipping. When I start to lose my touch, I watch the video again and do some practicing and it comes back. Gotta love the tap ins when I'm chipping well.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
            X