/**/

Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

What Is The "Secret" To Getting Good At Golf?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

some people secret is a foot wedge.

Comment

This secret is knowing there is no fcning secret
      just play We don’t have the talent of a Tiger Woods
      some players might be good at part of the game and needs work on the poorer aspects.

Comment

No secret - majority of it comes down to natural born ability and what your body can do.

Comment

Originally posted by dlam View Post
          This secret is knowing there is no fcning secret
          just play We don’t have the talent of a Tiger Woods
          some players might be good at part of the game and needs work on the poorer aspects.
          Originally posted by Dimpled Balls View Post
          No secret - majority of it comes down to natural born ability and what your body can do.
          Lalalalalala Not listening

Naysayers. Just in case someone discovers the golf equivalent of turning lead into gold, I am going to ignore this and keep checking out this tread from time to time.

Fortunately there are no rules limiting the number of golf balls you can carry during a match!

Comment

Originally posted by Fore Warned View Post

Lalalalalala Not listening

Naysayers. Just in case someone discovers the golf equivalent of turning lead into gold, I am going to ignore this and keep checking out this tread from time to time.
            What is your secret then? Sure, we can all put in the time to practice and improve but that's with anything in life. I can sit on my keyboard all day and become faster at typing. I can write all day and become a neater writer. But in regards to the foundations and fundamentals of golf, it comes down to what your body can and can't do. Golf is predicated on natural athleticism and the foundations of golf are based on natural born talent.

I personally know a guy who is obsessed with "improving" his golf game and he's spent over 15k in lessons. He's worked on his driving, irons, putting, course management, etc. year over year. He's played rounds with club pros, LPGA pros, etc. His clubs are customized to his liking head-to-toe and what is "best for him". He is a 90's shooter and always will be. I know another guy who uses 30 year old sticks that are rusty who drinks beer and plays music and he is consistent 70's.

Please advise me on your perspective..

Comment

Question is broken, it begs itself.

Comment

What is your secret then? Sure, we can all put in the time to practice and improve but that's with anything in life. I can sit on my keyboard all day and become faster at typing. I can write all day and become a neater writer. But in regards to the foundations and fundamentals of golf, it comes down to what your body can and can't do. Golf is predicated on natural athleticism and the foundations of golf are based on natural born talent.

I personally know a guy who is obsessed with "improving" his golf game and he's spent over 15k in lessons. He's worked on his driving, irons, putting, course management, etc. year over year. He's played rounds with club pros, LPGA pros, etc. His clubs are customized to his liking head-to-toe and what is "best for him". He is a 90's shooter and always will be. I know another guy who uses 30 year old sticks that are rusty who drinks beer and plays music and he is consistent 70's.

Please advise me on your perspective..
                I don't have a secret. If I did I would share it. But I keep hoping someone here does.

Hard work and talent...OK, but I was not born talented at golf and I am running out of time for the hard work. Throwing money at it rarely brings returns. I am a bit like your friend, I drink beer, but I shoot in the 90's, however I consistently listen to 70's music.

Likely epitaph on the grave stone....Damn, just when my golf game was coming together!

Fortunately there are no rules limiting the number of golf balls you can carry during a match!

Comment

If you read the Talent Code: Greatness isn't born. It's grown... would lead us to believe otherwise.

There are certain countries that pump out great athletes in certain sports. Dominican baseball, Brazil soccer, and in terms of Golf South Korea ( at least in the womens game)

After Seri Pak won in the late 90s it ignited the nation. Parents putting their kids in golf and young girls practicing their hearts out. A couple decades later South Korea dominates LPGA today. For example, when I look at Inbee Park she is not a physical specimen and her swing... well i'm sure a grandma could replicate the angles and positions she hits with her swing.

In terms of natural born ability I guess there is an argument that probably only a small segment of people that can achieve a level of greatness to play on tour and win. On top of that for every one person that makes the tour, I'm sure there's probably thousands more that do not............ But they are probably really good in my books as in single digit handicapper or scratch.

If your parents had the the money to put you in golf program as a wee tot and we live in a nicer climate where golf could be played all year round. I'm sure you would be pretty damn good.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                  X