Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GolfTec Lessons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wanted to provide an update regarding my GolfTec lessons. I'm a few months in and my swing has completely changed. I have a better backswing, follow through and finishing position than before. I am still working on a few major changes but overall my swing is coming along. I feel by next season I should have my swing down. I do about 25 practice swings per day just trying to work on repetition and feel. I'm hoping by November I can work on increasing my distance because I lost a few yards as I changed my swing. One of my goals was to gain some yards and I ended up losing some. I know it's part of the process and I'm trying to be patient while I get my swing down.

One big challenge I'm still working through is the sequencing of my swing. I have a habit that I'm trying to break is I lead with my left shoulder as I am coming through. it is throwing my body off and making me come over the top. I now see it, I'm just working to break that habit which I am finding challenging. to lead with legs, hips, torso and then shoulder. I'm sure it is a belief I have is that if I swing with my shoulders I will have more power and distance. I'm now trying to slow down my swing to do it properly and more consistent now.

Overall GolfTec has been really good.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonK View Post
      I wanted to provide an update regarding my GolfTec lessons. I'm a few months in and my swing has completely changed. I have a better backswing, follow through and finishing position than before. I am still working on a few major changes but overall my swing is coming along. I feel by next season I should have my swing down. I do about 25 practice swings per day just trying to work on repetition and feel. I'm hoping by November I can work on increasing my distance because I lost a few yards as I changed my swing. One of my goals was to gain some yards and I ended up losing some. I know it's part of the process and I'm trying to be patient while I get my swing down.

One big challenge I'm still working through is the sequencing of my swing. I have a habit that I'm trying to break is I lead with my left shoulder as I am coming through. it is throwing my body off and making me come over the top. I now see it, I'm just working to break that habit which I am finding challenging. to lead with legs, hips, torso and then shoulder. I'm sure it is a belief I have is that if I swing with my shoulders I will have more power and distance. I'm now trying to slow down my swing to do it properly and more consistent now.

Overall GolfTec has been really good.
      That's great that it is working. I think it is wise that you are taking those practice swings every day. They will help you adjust quicker. Keep it going!

Comment

Thanks 4wedges I am going to do whatever I can to improve my game.

Comment

Hi,
          I was looking into Golftec as beginner lesson, do you think its worth it for beginner or they just accept the experienced golfer and focus on changing the swing?
          I would like to learn from someone reputable and have good structure to start off

Comment

I started at Golftec as a beginner 4 years ago (Lianne at Golftec Markham). I broke 100 in my second season and broke 90 in my third season. Highly recommend!

Comment

Originally posted by metallica86 View Post
              Hi,
              I was looking into Golftec as beginner lesson, do you think its worth it for beginner or they just accept the experienced golfer and focus on changing the swing?
              I would like to learn from someone reputable and have good structure to start off
              I also recommend GolfTec. You have to go in with the right expectation and know you have to practice a lot for the lessons to stick. You get what you put into it. It's great to see step by step how to swing properly and why. Watching the video and seeing them draw it out. Then doing it is really beneficial.

Comment

Sorry to bring this up but following all the advise from here, I signed up for Golftec plan for 6 months. They did my evaluation for free. So far got 2 lessons under my belly, huge difference! I can hit all my iron 7 around 100 yards now, before taking lessons, my swing is bad and I always missed the shots. The teacher is great at my location, they also offered club fitting when I'm ready to upgrade and also we can go out and play with the instructor when the weather is nicer. I think it's good value.

Comment

Originally posted by metallica86 View Post
                  Sorry to bring this up but following all the advise from here, I signed up for Golftec plan for 6 months. They did my evaluation for free. So far got 2 lessons under my belly, huge difference! I can hit all my iron 7 around 100 yards now, before taking lessons, my swing is bad and I always missed the shots. The teacher is great at my location, they also offered club fitting when I'm ready to upgrade and also we can go out and play with the instructor when the weather is nicer. I think it's good value.
                  That's great. I'm happy to see you are making progress. Make sure you practise what they are teaching you.

Comment

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

Recently Joined

Collapse

Topics: 173,492   Posts: 1,814,076   Members: 47,097   Active Members: 176
                  Welcome to our newest member, Highlife.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

TGN Sponsors

Working...
                  X