Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ugh, the lip-out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ugh, the lip-out!

Interesting putting development in my game. Normally my putter is very strong, but on Saturday I had about 5 lip-outs and 2 more yesterday, from both sides of the hole. All have been within 2-4' of the hole.

I could go a whole month without a single lip-out, so what's going on here?

Ė Greg

Could just be bad luck but Maybe check that your eyes are in the normal place over the ball.

"Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Loss of confidence leads to self-doubt and negative thoughts.

Go to the putting green and hit 50 short putts in a row from different angles. Start from 2 feet and then move to 4 feet. Miss a putt? Start over.

I have two thoughts for short putts after I have checked the alignment, cleaned the ball, etc....."Hold the triangle and rock the shoulders"

Comment

Lol,seems to happen to me far to often.

Comment

Canít lip out if you arenít getting the ball to the hole so thatís a good sign that you are consistently getting ball to hole (one of my weaknesses).

Comment

Sounds like my prom date....all lip and no hole! Hahahha

Comment

Lipping out from 2-4 feet youre likely putting it too firm and or not properly lined up to hit centre cup.

If you were lipping out 10-30fters thats a diff story. Thats just luck sometimes mate. (Been story of my life lately. Cant get a putt to drop to save my life)
              Driver------TM M6 (9) Fujikura Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 6X 45.25"
              3W---------TM M3 (16) Fujikura Atmos Red Tour Spec 7X 43.25"
              5W---------TM M3 (19) Fujikura Atmos Red Tour Spec 7X 42.25"
              3i-----------TM TP UDI (20.5) Dynamic Gold X100
              Irons-------Mizuno MP4 (4-PW) Modus 3 125X
              Wedges---TM Milled Grind Modus 3 125X (48) & TM Hi-Toe (54)(60) Modus 3 125 Wedge
              Putter------TM Spider Tour Black (DJ) 34" SS Pistol GTR

Comment

Nuthin worse than the 360 reverse lip-out----had one of those a few weeks ago
                Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

I have seen more lip-out this year than before. I could only wonder if it is because some people leave the pin in the hole and when they retrieve their ball they damage the hole itself.
                  If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

Recently Joined

Collapse

Topics: 173,510   Posts: 1,814,635   Members: 47,100   Active Members: 175
                  Welcome to our newest member, Golfcoursesales.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

TGN Sponsors

Working...
                  X